ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Caseworker on holiday

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afcdon83

Caseworker on holiday

Post by afcdon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 pm

What happens if your Caseworker is on holiday. Will it only continue to progress once he/she returns or will it be allocated to someone else. Does anyone know?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:05 pm

instead of asking all these questions about the internal workings of uk ba, about which nobody on this side of the divide can speak with authority, why not share your problem with us ?

if it's delays you are worrying over, then post your timelines so members can play the guessing game for you

afcdon83

Post by afcdon83 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:09 pm

I submitted a BRP(RC) application (change in surname) back in January and gave my biometrics on 23 Feb which is 5 weeks ago. This is why I'm concerned, I have no idea when I'll get the docs and the new permit back.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:19 pm

due to following factors, this is the worst time in last few years to have any application open with uk ba:

-close of PSW visa, so there is a rush of such applications
-50% fee increase from april, so mad rush to avoid that
-maybe olympic visa processing also being done by same caseworkers, atleast the operations people will be the same if not the actual caseworkers

in your case you can email the biometric error mail id for the surname correction follow-up, and wait for the extension approval. obviously you fall in the 25% people who do not make the four week cut-off, but that would be mainly due to surge in applications, not any other reason.

be patient, the timing is sheer bad luck, i have an extn application pending with uk ba too :-(