ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW from outside UK and no original certificate of award

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stan7

PSW from outside UK and no original certificate of award

Post by stan7 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:59 am

Hi Everyone

submitting my application for tier 1 psw outside uk ( from india)

the following is my question:
Appendix 4 self assessment form , question 2.4

2.4 Confirm that you have included the required original evidence detailing the qualification for which you are claiming points.
This is limited to only one qualification. Put a cross (x) in the box
Original certificate of award >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I do not have the original certificate of award.. am i allowed to show a PSW letter here ( confirming board decision and all what is was said on policy guidance) if so, then do i still cross this box at 2.4

Hint of caution: application forms within UK contain this option where in the applicant is able to check a seperate box detailing a psw letter has been enclosed and will substitute the original certificate of award, while this does not seem to be the case with outside uk form !
pls help

I am about to apply on the 5th of April![/i]

stan7

Post by stan7 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 am

please help

bobobo

Re: PSW from outside UK and no original certificate of award

Post by bobobo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 am

Yes you can do that, as long as the letter clearly states when/what you were/will be awarded you should be fine, it should also state when the graduation will take place in short you should be able to use the letter, maybe enclose a covering letter pointing out that you have passed/got the qualification but have not got the degree/certificate yet
stan7 wrote:Hi Everyone

submitting my application for tier 1 psw outside uk ( from india)

the following is my question:
Appendix 4 self assessment form , question 2.4

2.4 Confirm that you have included the required original evidence detailing the qualification for which you are claiming points.
This is limited to only one qualification. Put a cross (x) in the box
Original certificate of award >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I do not have the original certificate of award.. am i allowed to show a PSW letter here ( confirming board decision and all what is was said on policy guidance) if so, then do i still cross this box at 2.4

Hint of caution: application forms within UK contain this option where in the applicant is able to check a seperate box detailing a psw letter has been enclosed and will substitute the original certificate of award, while this does not seem to be the case with outside uk form !
pls help

I am about to apply on the 5th of April![/i]

stan7

Post by stan7 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:45 am

Thank you for your response
is it ok if i was to leave 2.4 blank? as it only states, original certificate of award attached

stan7

Post by stan7 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi again

in the absence of Original certificate of award, could i need to submit an original transcript ( which i may or may not receive in time)

I do have all other necessary letters

I have asked college to take a print out of the transcript from university website, got it stamped from college (do not know if this would hold)

Argggggg 5th of april come already!!!!

cheers

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

As long as you have a letter from the university with all mandatory information, you should be fine, the transcripts are not "Mandatory"

stan7 wrote:Hi again

in the absence of Original certificate of award, could i need to submit an original transcript ( which i may or may not receive in time)

I do have all other necessary letters

I have asked college to take a print out of the transcript from university website, got it stamped from college (do not know if this would hold)

Argggggg 5th of april come already!!!!

cheers

stan7

Post by stan7 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:29 am

Hi

I left that box blank, but i did mention on the summary sheet that a original psw letter to satisfy appendix 4 part 2 ( qualification) was submitted as evidence.
is that still acceptable?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:46 am

that should be acceptable,as long as all the required information is present.
stan7 wrote:Hi

I left that box blank, but i did mention on the summary sheet that a original psw letter to satisfy appendix 4 part 2 ( qualification) was submitted as evidence.
is that still acceptable?