ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice EEa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ren1010
Newly Registered

Advice EEa

Post by ren1010 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi!
Need some advice,i entered the uk as an indian national on a dependant visa valid until 2014 and i have now acquired portuguese nationality ( i collected my citizen card in london) and will not retain indian nationality.I now plan to apply for EEA1 AND EEA2 (For my non eu husband). I need to know the following
1) do i need to send my Residence permit(Visa)/copies of indian passport-to prove my entrance in the uk

2)Is it fine if i only send my Portugal citizen card ( as i need my passport to travel)

also the following are the documents that i will be submitting pls let me knw if i need to add anything more

1)EEA1 And EEA2 forms
2)Photos
3) Husband indian passport
4) My portuguese citizen card
5) My Employment Contract
6) My Salary Slips and Employer letter
7) House agreement
8) Original Marriage Certificate
9) BANK STATEMENTS

thank you.....

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:50 pm

You are apparently exercising treaty rights as a worker; you only have to prove that you are in employment, which you can do by sending your employment contract OR a letter from your employer confirming your employment OR some recent payslips. One of these three possibilities is enough, no need to send them all.
Also there is no need to send "House agreement" and "Bank statements".

Just out of curiosity: how did you acquire Portuguese citizenship?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:05 pm

fysicus wrote:You are apparently exercising treaty rights as a worker; you only have to prove that you are in employment, which you can do by sending your employment contract OR a letter from your employer confirming your employment OR some recent payslips. One of these three possibilities is enough, no need to send them all.

I'm going to make a guess and suggest that the OP has Goan ancestry. They will no doubt advise themselves.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:07 pm

You can send use you Portuguese ID for your application.

ren1010
Newly Registered

Post by ren1010 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm

fysicus wrote:You are apparently exercising treaty rights as a worker; you only have to prove that you are in employment, which you can do by sending your employment contract OR a letter from your employer confirming your employment OR some recent payslips. One of these three possibilities is enough, no need to send them all.

My parents are portuguese ( goan ancestry)

ren1010
Newly Registered

Post by ren1010 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You can send use you Portuguese ID for your application.

should i mention anything about my entrance in the uk as an indian etc in my covering letter... as i just think it may be a question to them as in their records i am still indian with the visa tht was isuued by ukba

thank you

ren1010
Newly Registered

Post by ren1010 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 pm

the reason i think i need to put House agreement and bank statments is as i am applying for EEA 2 for my husband.. and someone told you that we need to prove that we live together so i need to submit soem pictures of us and joint acc bank statement and house agreement as its on both our names..

pls correct me if i am wrong

ren1010
Newly Registered

Post by ren1010 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 pm

ren1010 wrote:

the reason i think i need to put House agreement and bank statments is as i am applying for EEA 2 for my husband.. and someone told me that we need to prove that we live together so i need to submit some pictures of us together and joint acc bank statement and house agreement as its on both our names..

pls correct me if i am wrong

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 pm

ren1010 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You can send use you Portuguese ID for your application.

should i mention anything about my entrance in the uk as an indian etc in my covering letter... as i just think it may be a question to them as in their records i am still indian with the visa tht was isuued by ukba

thank you
You can if you like, but it's not really relevant.

How long have you been Portuguese? Was it from birth? I'm not 100% sure how the nationality law works in your case. If so, you were possibly exercising treaty rights on the day you first entered the UK. It depends on what you were doing in the UK (working, studying, etc) and on when you were entitled to Portuguese nationality.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:10 pm

To your other question, you only need to prove the family link. A marriage certificate does that. You do not need to provide tenancy agreement etc.

ren1010
Newly Registered

Post by ren1010 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
ren1010 wrote:

thank you
You can if you like, but it's not really relevant.

How long have you been Portuguese? Was it from birth? I'm not 100% sure how the nationality law works in your case. If so, you were possibly exercising treaty rights on the day you first entered the UK. It depends on what you were doing in the UK (working, studying, etc) and on when you were entitled to Portuguese nationality.

i am portuguese since birth ,but got my citizen card in feb 2012, i came in the uk in oct 2010 was at home since then(house wife), frm oct 2011 i have been working

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 pm

In that case, you've been exercising treaty rights since Oct 2011.

ren1010
Newly Registered

Post by ren1010 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:24 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:In that case, you've been exercising treaty rights since Oct 2011.
yes thats right...
i am soo worried i dont want anythin to go wrong with my application,just gettin the right info...

thank you

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 pm

There's no need to be concerned, you're a citizen of the Union. Best of luck.

ren1010
Newly Registered

Post by ren1010 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:12 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:There's no need to be concerned, you're a citizen of the Union. Best of luck.

Thanx a lot