ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for Children

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sjataprolu
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for Children

Post by Sjataprolu » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 am

Hi,

I am on Teir1 General visa. I am applying for my ILR this May 2012. My son was born in December 2011. My question is should i apply for Indian passport for him and apply ILR for him along with me or shall wait till i got my ILR and apply straight away for British citizenship?

Please help.

Regards,
Srinivas

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:15 pm

vinny wrote:If not travelling, then don't apply for leave to remain for baby.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Venk_it

Re: British Citizenship for Children

Post by Venk_it » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Sjataprolu wrote:Hi,

I am on Teir1 General visa. I am applying for my ILR this May 2012. My son was born in December 2011. My question is should i apply for Indian passport for him and apply ILR for him along with me or shall wait till i got my ILR and apply straight away for British citizenship?

Please help.

Regards,
Srinivas
Hi Srinivas,

My suggestion is first to register as an Indian citizen(get Indian passport) without applying for ILR and then take UK passport as if you directly register as a brit citizen you would only get PIO which you need to renenw every 5-10 years but if you have OCI there is now renewal as such.Those are my 2 cents