ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouce visa for second wife rejected.... Kindly advice!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eye4detail
BANNED

Spouce visa for second wife rejected.... Kindly advice!!!

Post by eye4detail » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I married my second wife while my divorce was underway with my first wife in U.K. After 2 years of divorce I applied for a spouce visa for my second wife which was rejected, Reason given by UKBA is that my second marraige is not valid since I was already married to my first wife at that time under uk law. first marraige was in U.K and second one was in india. Dear members kindly advice on how to resolve this issue. thanks in advance.[/i]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Marry in a civil ceremony in the UK. Apply for a fiancee settlement visa.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

or else you can re-marry your second wife in India, not sure if that is possible?

Since the wording from UKBA say that your marriage in invalid due to the overlap of the dates.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 pm

harv wrote:or else you can re-marry your second wife in India, not sure if that is possible?

Since the wording from UKBA say that your marriage in invalid due to the overlap of the dates.
Neither, marrying with your second wife again a good idea nor apply for Fiancée Visa. Your data is already with them. My suggestion is to re-apply again; after getting and completing your divorce documents. Clarify your position in your form that you were not familiar with that law.

Hope it helps.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Gregarious, the divorce has already been completed.
Take the advice given by Lucapooka and apply for a fiancee visa to enable you to marry your second wife legally under UK law. Your previous refusal won't affect this one as long as you meet all the requirements for a spouse visa application.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Casa wrote:Gregarious, the divorce has already been completed.
Take the advice given by Lucapooka and apply for a fiancee visa to enable you to marry your second wife legally under UK law. Your previous refusal won't affect this one as long as you meet all the requirements for a spouse visa application.
@ Casa, you are Moderator.
But as per my understanding; he applied when his marriage was still existing, now UKBA is familiar with his 2nd marriage. Will this OK. Firstly he told that he is married then become Fiancée. Just for my guidance
Last edited by Gregarious on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Gregarious...you've misunderstood. His current marriage isn't considered legal in the UK, although it may well be in India. In other words, under UK law he isn't married. This is why the spouse visa application was refused.
Therefore he needs to apply for a fiancee visa.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:34 pm

@ Casa,

I just my edit my query. Please reply.

minty

Post by minty » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Having been through this process myself I can advise the following

Whilst marridge in UK is still subsistent, ie divorce absoloute has not been obtained any other marriage in UK or aborad is not legally recognised

The fact that the second marriage is not legally recognised does not mean it is illegal to marry in a civil and religious ceremony in another country whilst a protracted divorce process is ongoing in the UK

If marrying a second wife abroad , whilst a divorce process for first wife is still continuing in UK. The process is

Step A - Carry on with the divorce process in the UK

Step B - Marry through a religious ceremony/civil ceremony your new wife abroad

Step C - Once Divorce absoolute is granted for first wife in uk, apply for a fiancee visa for second wife. (this gets over the legal loop hole of not being able to be married 2 two wives at same time. The UKBA are fully aware when you apply for a fiancee visa for the second wife that you are in fact married. in fact you have to declare this openly in your letter of sponsorship.

Step D - Once second wife is here from aborad , marry her through registering a marriage witihn 6 months of arrival

Step E - Apply for a spouse visa

Hope that helps

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:11 pm

Thank you Minty. I'm assuming this will have clarified the situation for Gregarious
Step E - Apply for Spouse visa on form FLR(M)

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Casa wrote:Thank you Minty. I'm assuming this will have clarified the situation for Gregarious
Step E - Apply for Spouse visa on form FLR(M)

Thankx both of you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:16 am

eye4detail wrote:I am currently working in Saudi Arabia with my wife and child( british citizen). . my wife spouce visa was rejected since i married her when my divorce with my first sife was underway. I am currently working and living in saudi arabia with my family. PLEASE ADVICE if I can be living in saudi arabia and till be able to apply for a fiance visa for my wife by show saving in UK account OR DO I have to be employed and living in uk for this ?. please feel free to advice me on things that I need to know in this process AS I am in FIX since the the refusal of SPOUSE visa few months back. Thanks in advance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

comput_this
Newly Registered

Post by comput_this » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 am

Casa wrote:Gregarious...you've misunderstood. His current marriage isn't considered legal in the UK, although it may well be in India. In other words, under UK law he isn't married. This is why the spouse visa application was refused.
Therefore he needs to apply for a fiancee visa.
I am in the same situation and will apply for a visa for my wife next week, I have found from reading that if the place where marriage has taken place recognizes such marriage, it will be valid in the UK even if polygamous providing that both parties to the marriage are domicile in that country.

This is what I am planning to argue in the application, that I have moved out of the UK, got married abroad and planned to live there permanently...

Let us hope they will take this argument.. it is valid as far as I have read on the Homeoffice website..

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Would be simpler if you do another marriage with your spouse, thus legalising the marriage under uk law.

The question came in a post about religious marriage in India when one party was still married under UK law. The simple solution to this problem could be to do another civil marriage in India after obtaining decree absolute in UK. Civil marriage in India is usually referred to as "court marriage".

comput_this
Newly Registered

Post by comput_this » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 am

asim72 wrote:Would be simpler if you do another marriage with your spouse, thus legalising the marriage under uk law.
Unfortunately it is not possible to do another marriage and lodge the visa application before 9/7, I am in the UK and my wife is abroad and already tied with work, let alone my country does not allow second marriage... have to find way to go round the system... which means more time...

I have a strong case to prove domicile aboard at the appeal tribunal if visa refused as I expect, The tribunal will be my last hope as I will not be able to fulfill the new immigration rules when applied.