ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invoice - Ltd company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1n1le

Invoice - Ltd company

Post by 1n1le » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Greetings!
When we talk about submitting invoices by Ltd company applicants, are we meaning the signed and accepted invoices returned to us from the clients? Or the ones we send to the clients in the company letter head?

Warm Regards

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 am

The former rarely happens in practice (unless you mean it's a remittance advice and even then they don't get sent with payment all of the time).

If what you get from clients are basically the invoice with some signature from them then I'd struggle to see why they couldn't be sent; however most people will send in just copies of invoices that they sent to the client. If they are remittance advices then don't send them in, just the invoices.

Potentially to avoid confusing anyone at the UKBA you may be best to send just the copy invoices but I'm probably overanalysing this so am happy to be shouted down by others.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:05 pm

You don't need invoices if you are applying as 'Employed'

In case you are applying as self employed, you could include the invoices but I agree with AccountantMatthew, you generally don't get signed invoices back in normal practise. In case you have them, use them else the normal invoices sent from your Limited Company to the Agency / Client printed on your company headed paper and stamped with your company seal should be good enough.
Give me more Karma (+)

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks Mathew and Sam.

Now the question raises whether a Ltd company director can apply as employed?

In this forum i have seen some apply as employed and some as self-employed. A few apply as employed but sumbit all business detaisl as well!!

So I am confused.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:12 pm

To keep it simple:

Limited company director's generally apply as employed if the earning is only from one source. They apply as self employed when earning sources are more than one.
Give me more Karma (+)

swamik1

Post by swamik1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 pm

QuickSam wrote:To keep it simple:

Limited company director's generally apply as employed if the earning is only from one source. They apply as self employed when earning sources are more than one.
Hi,

When you say one source, salary and dividend are considered as one source or two source of income.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 am

swamik1 wrote: Hi,

When you say one source, salary and dividend are considered as one source or two source of income.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks
Do not quote my statement based on your incorrect understanding. When I say one source, it means your limited company has only one source of income. From your limited company you can pay yourself either through salary or salary + dividend. Salary and Dividend are two different types of income but the source remains the same, your limited company.
Give me more Karma (+)