ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Ancestry Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tats

ILR on Ancestry Visa

Post by Tats » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi All,

Do I have to apply for ILR at exactly around the 5 year period? I'm thinking of applying for ILR via sameday application after about 5 years 1 month or 5 years 2 months of living here and not sure if UKBA are ok with that. I would have stayed 5 years here by 1st week of May 2012. I got my initial 4-year ancestry visa early Feb 2007 and came here early May 2007 and since then, I renewed my AV last year and was given 5 years ending in 2016. So, I'm still safe to stay and not worried about visa expiry, although, I know it will be best to get my ILR as soon as possible, especially due to changing laws!

My absences though many, do not even amount up to 100 days as I'm usually out on Business or Tourist trips for only a few days or 1 or maximum 2 weeks. I've been employed since I got here and still employed in a good job. The plan to delay applying is because I've only started getting ready for my ILR application and have not yet done Life in the UK test or booked an appointment. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Tats

You will be fine to apply when you are ready as your AV extension is more than valid. You don't HAVE to apply bang on 5 years and could stay for another 5 years if you wanted to or extend again or apply under 10 year rule once your current AV is almost up.

Hope that helps

Thanks
Char

Tats

Post by Tats » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks. Good to know that I don't have to apply bang on 5 years.

I need to just get on with preparing to apply.