ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning to Move to US

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roopscisco

Planning to Move to US

Post by roopscisco » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:02 am

Hello,

Could anyone here please help & give me yours thoughts ????

I Have got my British Citizenship under HSMP last year/2011. Now im planning to move to US due to getting married of US Citizen. I wonder to get some thoughts on the followings from the experts on this forum?

1. Will i loose my British Citizenship at any point later when applying / becoming US Citizen?
2.What is the possibility of Us Citizen to move into UK & live here after getting married UK citizen ? Is the process same as Dependent/spouse from other countries ??

Not sure this is the place to ask , but, i have been searching for type of visas etc in US for UK Citizens and the process and found a category called "K1 Visa / Fiancee ". As im planing to take this route to avoid time delays compare to Spouse visa . Could someone give me your thoughts on this please ?

Regards

Roopscisco
Roopscisco.

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 am

Can you someone please advise ?

Thanks.
Roopscisco.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:30 pm

1. Only if US laws require you to renounce British citizenship (I think there is no such restriction).
2. Family of British citizens and settled persons
3. Post queries related to US immigration in this forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

PSW WORRIES

re

Post by PSW WORRIES » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi, just saw your thread, i am married to a USC and in the process of getting my green card. If u are engaged or married to a USC, you have 2 main options. If engaged and not married, you have to go for the K1 visa, which is fast (6-8months), but problem is its more expensive in the longrun and when u get to the US, have to wait at least 90 days, to be able to start working. Within the 90 days u have to get married and change your status, but u cannot work.

The other optio is if u are already married, you will go for the K3 OR CR1. The K3 is presently being phased out and replaced by the CR1. This route is chEAPER THAN THE K1, takes slighltly longer (1 or 2 months longer) and once u get your visa here and move to the US, you start to work immediately.

I hope this answers your questions.