ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR sucess Solihull 5 year WP.. Less salary for 4.5 years!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sup

ILR sucess Solihull 5 year WP.. Less salary for 4.5 years!

Post by Sup » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 pm

All,

I have successfully granted ILR today at Solihull PEO including two dependents, wife and 3 year old daughter.
I had some serious issue( well.. I thought so)..
A) First entry was late by 37 days hence could not able fit in 28 days window to apply for. But guys, be sure new modernise guidance is applicable to every one now.. (CW didn't even asked me anything regarding this issue and I had sleepless nights due this issue earlier!)

B) Biggest problem was less pay for last 4.5 years.. It was nothing down to economic downturn but it was employer who was taking advantage of 5 year WP holder..He was sure that I could not leave him but circumstance was changed in 7 to 8 months and I told him that if company can not give salary mention on WP, I had to leave..and my new manager succesfully convince my MD

Here is summery..

Appointment was booked exactly 42 days as mention on this forum..

1)Reached PEO at 8.15am for 9 O'clock appointment.

2)I was first to enter! After security check, at 8.40am straight away I was given token and asked to go to counter 2.

3)Guess what, I was expecting lady as CW as read in few success stories recently..but greeted by CW and was looking like asian guy.

4)He didn't allowed my wife to sit with me for interview(I was on my own..)strange one..
5) First he asked for Form,passport and employer letter all together. I noticed him checking straightaway my holidays ( total 103 days so no problem!)

My other worry was my SOC code. I was thinking it is lower level code than actually on WP but literally no question asked but must say he read letter carefully and was making sure that all points were cover as mention in set(O) document list.

6) When he finish checking my employer letter, he asked me about cohab. doc.( I was bit relief as he was ticking every thing on his separate sheet.) Where I was surprise a little bit.. I provided him Council tax bills for 4 years(both names), Voter registration form( both names), and GP encounter report/letter( both) but he said I want some concrete evidence like Utility bills, bank statement. I said to him that Utility bill is not on my wife's name hence I provided water bill on my name and he was happy with it!
7) At last he asked my biggest worrying thing PAYSLIPS and bank statement! Luckily only 3! ( and that's what I was hoping as I could not able to provide p60 as it had under paid figure on it!)
As I mention above I was under paid for last 4.5 years and only had correct payslip for last 6 months from NOV. 2011 to March 2012
but he did not even check it.... biggest ever relief....
I provided him along with LIUK certificate and that's it..
A MAGIC WORD CAME FROM HIM THAT I AM HAPPY AND GRANTING YOU ILR. asked to pay at counter 6.
total time 8.40 to 9.20=40 min including payment. I asked CW if need photocopies and he was pleased with it.

Meanwhile we had good chat about developing states in India, how biometric is effective!

Done biometric twice as it did not saved in first instance and was called back again to do it when we went outside within 10 minutes.

Came back and guess what all doc. was ready to collect within 30mins from granting ILR!! Yes, I was so surprise to see it and I seen on forum it normally take 9o mins to 2hrs and that was been told to us also..

Find myself very lucky today from yesterday..
This forum was really helped me to prepare myself...specially when you had some issue like under pay and late entry and two different SOC code with huge pay difference...

I will wait for my biometric now and will update as soon as it willl be received.. I will suggest to use Solihull if anyone is has some issue at least your payment is secure!!

any question, I am here to help at my best!

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Sup

First of all heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR after reading your post carefully I can see you must be feeling a lot reliefed now that's excellent and congrats once again.

You have mentioned that you have less pay for 4.5 years can you please ellaborate this a little bit more less pay as compared to the SOC code or how you have paid less.

Well I my self is on WP I know that getting a WP from a UK company is more of like getting in to a modern day Slavery, most of the employers exploits you to the max. I didn't get any pay rise for the last 4 years or so but luckily last Dec 2011 I got promoted to a completely higher position in my company and got a good pay rise as well.

Can you please share the contents of your employer letter on this forum that would really be great help for us.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

Sup

Post by Sup » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks Smam,

I had less pay for according to SOC and WP both. (SOC and WP pay was nearly same)

I use same employer letter from Sticky note from forum. Only done few changes to suit me. Also I had covering letter with me from my employer to explain, my pay was freez :roll: and why we choose this SOC.
I also took letter from employer to mention had 21 days unpaid holidays in UK if they ask why I had less salary on the payslip.. :P

My company was happy to provide letters so I took advantage of it but nothing was asked... :D

Sup

Post by Sup » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Just update..
Courier try to deliver our BRP today but missed it.. Organised for tomorrow..

PEO appointment 27/03/2012

Courier try to deliver 29/03/2012

Re-arrange for 30/03/2012

thanks,
Sup

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:50 am

Hi Sup

Many many thanks for your prompt reply.

Didn't the case worker asked you for your last 5 years P60's or any other docs from you all I have at the moment is a promotion letter from my employer and my job contract and I'll also try to use the same letter from the forum and just make the changes according to my self it really looks precise and to the point to me as well.

And lots of congrats again for your quick BRP delivery as well though you've missed it but any ways.

Do you think is it really worth booking an appointment at Solihull as I live in London. The only thing which really puts me off from going to Croydon is they have IT issues and then they'll charge you the fees and that's it they wont reply back to you on the same day then.

Many thanks waiting for your reply and advice.

Sup

Post by Sup » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Smam wrote:Hi Sup

Many many thanks for your prompt reply.

Didn't the case worker asked you for your last 5 years P60's or any other docs from you all I have at the moment is a promotion letter from my employer and my job contract and I'll also try to use the same letter from the forum and just make the changes according to my self it really looks precise and to the point to me as well.

And lots of congrats again for your quick BRP delivery as well though you've missed it but any ways.

Do you think is it really worth booking an appointment at Solihull as I live in London. The only thing which really puts me off from going to Croydon is they have IT issues and then they'll charge you the fees and that's it they wont reply back to you on the same day then.

Many thanks waiting for your reply and advice.
No, case worker didn't asked me P60's and that was the reason I specifically choose Solihull.. where no P60's asked and take payment after interview n decision..

I also lived in outskirt of London and went to Solihull for 9am appointment( left home at 5am with wife and daughter!!)

In safer side, I would prefer any another PEO than Croydon....

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Sup

Really thanks a million for your kind reply. That's what I am thinking as well very deeply to not to take an appointment at Croydon because they've got so much of the load of applications due to the fact that I think its the head quarters for the UKBA as well and every one wants to have an appointment there so their IT system just didn't cope with it and it start crashing quite frequently.

I like your honesty and your advice in your reply to me. I really dont have any issues with my P60s as well but that IT issues at Croydon is just putting me off from taking an appointment at Croydon PEO.

Thanks a million once again mate.

Good luck for your future.