ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application: bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shreyasx01

PSW application: bank statement

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:30 am

Hi guys,

I have a query about bank statements for PSW

I had requested Barclays for a bank statement and they said they will send the bank statement and it will be dated from current day to the last date on the previous bank statement requested. The last day on the previous bank statement I had was the 6th of January.

However, the new bank statement which I received starts on the 20th of January. There is a gap of two weeks in the two statements. I went to the bank and they gave me plain paper bank statements from the 10th of December to the 9th of March, stamped and signed. I know these are accepted by going through the boards here.

My query is that should I just include those pages that show my balance between 6th January and 20th January or should I include the entire statement i.e. from 10th December to 9th March? If I take the first option I will have a couple of pages of plain paper statement between the two official statements sent by Barclays. Is this alright with the UKBA?

The only other difference is that the address is only shown on the first page of the plain paper bank statement and not on the subsequent pages.
Is the address required for bank statements by the UKBA?

Thank you.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm sorry for the rush but can anyone help me? Time is running out for the PSW visa ! :(

i3luf
Newly Registered

Re: PSW application: bank statement

Post by i3luf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Shreyasx01 wrote:Hi guys,

I have a query about bank statements for PSW

I had requested Barclays for a bank statement and they said they will send the bank statement and it will be dated from current day to the last date on the previous bank statement requested. The last day on the previous bank statement I had was the 6th of January.

However, the new bank statement which I received starts on the 20th of January. There is a gap of two weeks in the two statements. I went to the bank and they gave me plain paper bank statements from the 10th of December to the 9th of March, stamped and signed. I know these are accepted by going through the boards here.

My query is that should I just include those pages that show my balance between 6th January and 20th January or should I include the entire statement i.e. from 10th December to 9th March? If I take the first option I will have a couple of pages of plain paper statement between the two official statements sent by Barclays. Is this alright with the UKBA?

The only other difference is that the address is only shown on the first page of the plain paper bank statement and not on the subsequent pages.
Is the address required for bank statements by the UKBA?

Thank you.
The letter from a bank or building society
should show:
•the applicant’s name;
•the account number;
•the date of the letter;
•the financial institution’s name and logo;
• the funds held in the applicant’s
account;
• that the funds of £2,800 or £800
have been in the bank for at least a
consecutive 90 day period on and
immediately before the date of the letter.
The letter must be dated no more than one
calendar month before the date of application.
All statements must be on the bank’s
letterhead/official stationery.
We will not accept letters which show the
balance in the account on a particular day
as these documents do not show that the
applicant holds enough funds for the full
period needed.
source:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf
page>>>>>> 21

*thanks*