ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on WP at Croydon PEO - Told to bugger off - No decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lahore2664
BANNED

ILR on WP at Croydon PEO - Told to bugger off - No decision

Post by lahore2664 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Hello

I just returned from Croydon PEO, exhausted and shell shocked.

My appointment was at 9, spent all day there only to be informed at 4pm that the application will not be decided today due to some further checks. I am on WP changed employers/WP/FLR's three times and i didn't know about the backlog they are clearing for last few days. Case worker said he is happy with the file but hasnt got the checks response from other departments... i think he just was making this up.. but i am totally drained of energy to even write in detail.. waited for 5 years for this day and paid 2 grand only to be told to go through agonizing pain.

Can anyone please tell me what other dept. and other checks he was talking about? he said he is not getting clearance from other dept which he cant name but he said i should expect a call early next week and if not then that means that "mystery" dept. will require to see my file.. what a load of balls... but i am scarred and anyone please let me know?

He was quoting like this dept could be the one issued me visas before ( work permits or WP UK). is that true? He said he asked senior case worker and he advised to wait until gets clearance from "again mystery dept"

I am on WP and one dependent( my wife). I have urgent travel plans after Easter, what do you think guys, he was happy with the file but only put this on hold for further checks..

thanks

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR on WP at Croydon PEO - Told to bugger off - No decis

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:44 am

you have to wait until that dept respond.

to be honest now your case is not in Senior CW hands.

i also dont know what is that department. may be dept who check employment checks or WP checks and most WP issue from sheffield PEO etc.

and you know how govt office work.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:24 am

Hi

I am really sorry to hear about your recent experience. But I'll advice you not to loose hope probably the previous post looks right to me. The CW is thinking that your case is not straight forward that's why he just didn't give you the decision on time. He'll probably check from Sheffield regarding your change of employers and the reasons for it that's all I am assuming.

Just stay compose and be positive pray to God deep from your hearts.

Well lets face it in this way mate and that's what I think for my self as well that I was alive and much more happier before coming to UK so God Forbid if I gets refused for my ILR I'll still live the rest of my life and that's all about it pretty much. All you can do is try and I think you did the best on your part that's all about it so nothing to worry. Some times they do take time as they have already said that they dont give the decision on the same day if they dont want to.

Wishing you all the heartiest prayers for your success and Good luck for your ILR.

I was also trying to follow up your post in the forum just to see what happened with your ILR as you were having some issues with your employer getting the letter for your ILR so I remember my replies for you on that post.

Any ways all the best. Please kindly keep the forum updated with your situations.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks for your invaluable words. I really appreciate it.

I was so downhearted yesterday that for a moment I thought of leaving this country. I have established a life here now because I have lived prime years of my last 6 years in this country. Learned and appreciated the life and meaning of being a responsible subject in this country. Never violated any law and paid taxes but then we are not master of certain things, this is one of them... Lets hope things turn out to be ok..

What is the maximum time limit, incase they reply quickly or late, i mean maximum.. I have social commitments back home and really want to travel end of april..

I have few questions if you could please answer if you are able to?

I left last job and i was on WP, My employer informed the UKBA and I applied within 28 days of deadline and then granted visa in a month or so and I was on my next ( current) job within 2 months of leaving the last employer.. Do you think I should be ok. I processed my all WPs' and ILR through the same lawyer and irony is that same lawyer acted for my last employer for notifying the home office about my premature end of employement and I asked her yesterday and she said she knows that and that i am perfectly alright.. just bit scarred.

just in case they are not sure or they want more docs ( he said they wouldn't) as all docs are more than enough, i am curious if HO gives right of appeal as my visa is still valid for almost 2 years.

what would be the implications on my existing visa if the outcome is not favourable?

my case is straight forward but still there are big doubts and i am just soo much upset to be honest.

with all that happened y'day suddenly my future looks bleak and uncertain... May God helps us all...

Thanks alot once again..

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:01 pm

as you have FLR for next 2 years you won't get appeal chance.

If your social commitments are important you can widraw your case and travel as you still have 2 years visa and you can apply for ilr again.

you will losse your money in this case.

UKBA will send your passport in a week time.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:56 am

Hi Mate

I know I can completely understand how you feel about it. I'm also here on a WP came to this country as a student when I was 24 years old and now I am 33 years studied here, got an MBA degree, got a WP, got a job so I feel pretty much the same as well that I gave 9 golden years of my life to this country without knowing the out come of it. Any ways I think on the positive side once again I'll tell you that I was more happy and alive before coming to this place and Thanks to God I've got a home and every thing back home as well so I'll be remain alive any ways If I'll get the ILR I have to go back where I came from and God Forbid even if I didn't get it I'll go back any ways cause I just feel tired now living away from home already missed a lot from the past life is too short to enjoy.

Okay that was my boring life story. Now let me cheer you up I know more than 4 of my friends who got their ILRs back in 2010 they went to the same Croydon PEO same day service offcourse not all together I believe that with a months or two months gap and they all turned down and they got their passports back eventually after 16 weeks with the ILR they're also very angry on the UKBA system. All their documents are in place as well, they've paid taxes and every thing settled a life here. Even one of my friend is on a WP from NHS he's working as a Senior Financial Auditor for the NHS at roughly arround £40 K salary and I feel laughing at his face that even after getting all the letters of supports and reference from the NHS they turn him down and kept his case for nearly 16 weeks God Knows for what reason,he's also a law abiding citizen like any one else, yes but the only reason was that he was out of the country for more than 90 days once I believe when her mother passed away so that's all about it. Right seeing that my another friend who use to work for a small IT firm in London as a IT tech support engineer I adviced him no to take an appointment at Croydon, and luckily he didn't get any appointment at Croydon, so he applied in Cardiff PEO, and he got his documents back with in an hour time without any hassle or without a single question asked with the successful ILR. The fact of the matter is that I dont think that going to Croydon is a good idea as I have read most of the bad experiences happened over there for eg people got turned down for their IT system issues and the things like that. I've never ever come accross any case in any other PEO which is being stopped with out giving any reason for it. That's just my observation nothing in concrete.

I still Pray for your ILR and wishing you Good luck for your ILR.

Ok let me tell you one thing that dont think on the -ve side of any thing but lets take the worst come worst scenario God Forbid if you get turned down you can't appeal for it and your previous status will remains the same, but happily you can reapply in any other PEO after removing that reason for refusal if it happens and my heart is saying that it'll never ever happen and I am praying and hoping for you that you'll get the reply next week.

Please kindly keep us updated for your reply for the ILR in this forum.

Once again May God Be Help You and be With You in every instance and Good luck for your ILR.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Smam wrote:Hi Mate

I know I can completely understand how you feel about it. I'm also here on a WP came to this country as a student when I was 24 years old and now I am 33 years studied here, got an MBA degree, got a WP, got a job so I feel pretty much the same as well that I gave 9 golden years of my life to this country without knowing the out come of it. Any ways I think on the positive side once again I'll tell you that I was more happy and alive before coming to this place and Thanks to God I've got a home and every thing back home as well so I'll be remain alive any ways If I'll get the ILR I have to go back where I came from and God Forbid even if I didn't get it I'll go back any ways cause I just feel tired now living away from home already missed a lot from the past life is too short to enjoy.

Okay that was my boring life story. Now let me cheer you up I know more than 4 of my friends who got their ILRs back in 2010 they went to the same Croydon PEO same day service offcourse not all together I believe that with a months or two months gap and they all turned down and they got their passports back eventually after 16 weeks with the ILR they're also very angry on the UKBA system. All their documents are in place as well, they've paid taxes and every thing settled a life here. Even one of my friend is on a WP from NHS he's working as a Senior Financial Auditor for the NHS at roughly arround £40 K salary and I feel laughing at his face that even after getting all the letters of supports and reference from the NHS they turn him down and kept his case for nearly 16 weeks God Knows for what reason,he's also a law abiding citizen like any one else, yes but the only reason was that he was out of the country for more than 90 days once I believe when her mother passed away so that's all about it. Right seeing that my another friend who use to work for a small IT firm in London as a IT tech support engineer I adviced him no to take an appointment at Croydon, and luckily he didn't get any appointment at Croydon, so he applied in Cardiff PEO, and he got his documents back with in an hour time without any hassle or without a single question asked with the successful ILR. The fact of the matter is that I dont think that going to Croydon is a good idea as I have read most of the bad experiences happened over there for eg people got turned down for their IT system issues and the things like that. I've never ever come accross any case in any other PEO which is being stopped with out giving any reason for it. That's just my observation nothing in concrete.

Ok let me tell you one thing that dont think on the -ve side of any thing but lets take the worst come worst scenario God Forbid if you get turned down you can't appeal for it and your previous status will remains the same, but happily you can reapply in any other PEO after removing that reason for refusal if it happens and my heart is saying that it'll never ever happen and I am praying and hoping for you that you'll get the reply next week.

Once again May God Be Help You and be With You in every instance and Good luck for your ILR.

my friend who was planning engineer on student visa earning 36K in 20 hours was turned down. his mother was ill in cancer he submitted all papers and his MP also helped him but nothing happen. UKBA didn't make decision till 1 year. can you believe ??

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:23 am

Hi all
Best of luck lahore...hopefully you will get a response soon
Smam, thank you for the morale boosting points, i really like your happy anyways attitude and I will try to adopt same strategy.
I have same feeling about croydon ,they seem a bit harsh at times, but I went ahead and booked an appointment in may, chose croydon because of the availability of senior level 7 workers in case of any complications. My 5 years is pretty straight forward (wp+T1 same employer) other than salary raise whilst wp which they could pick on but doubt it will be a problem as they happily switched me to tier 1 with that high salary (never thought I would complain about a salary rise:) ). I am also anxious becuase of adverse immigration history ( see my earlier post in 2007) and hoping I wouldnt fall under general ground for refusal.
Anyways , sorry to go off track , lahore dont give up hope...its all a matter of time...keep us updated

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 am

Hi legalalien

Well to be honest with you Thank God I personally never ever had any bad experience at the Croydon PEO even you're not going to believe that when ever I've been to Croydon and seeing the size of that huge Lunar House Building I always thought till 2010 that its the only UKBA office in UK which is my extreme lack of knowledge.

@Lahore. Well that's just off the track thing from my side. The moral of the story here is that it all depends on luck as well. I had the same attitude and same thoughts at that time when I last went to Croydon to get my WP stamped as well even after getting the job offer in my hands I've packed my stuff and was completely ready to go back to home back in 2007 before getting my WP. Let me tell you this thing mate that if your luck is not with you even if youre riding as high as on a Camel and if your camel get passed near a mad dog, that dog will still bite you or as we say in English that if your luck is not with you a lighting will struck you even if you're standing under a tree.

Once again I am praying whole heartedly for your success in your life. But please mate let me tell you one thing that luckily the world didn't ends at UK ILR, trust me there's a lot more to it and I believe that if I wanted to live any where else in the World I can go and Live there cause like every one we just have only one home and once we left our home then I believe that every other country looks the same to me no matter UK,US,Aus,Nz or what ever.

Please kindly keep us posted regarding your ILR.

Very best of luck for your ILR.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 am

I have just checked what the UKBA website about this issue. Have a look at this UKBA webpage and then read the "Service Standard" at the very bottom of that webpage.

Very clearly not a 100% guarantee that an application will be dealt with on the day.
John

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:35 pm

John wrote:I have just checked what the UKBA website about this issue. Have a look at this UKBA webpage and then read the "Service Standard" at the very bottom of that webpage.

Very clearly not a 100% guarantee that an application will be dealt with on the day.
Many thanks John!

Are you aware if they always do delay for WP holders with 2/3 jobs. The case worker seemed unsure as what was the hold up. He said it could be becuase my previous employer filled NPEE and informed UKBA that i left, I applied my WP with my current employer within 28 days. Do you think that case worker held this up only to reconfirm or what do you think please?

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by lahore2664 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Smam wrote:Hi Mate

Many thanks Smam,

I truely appreciate your kind words, these are like light of hope in a pitch dark circumstances. I always thought that regarding my Immegration I am over sensitive but after seeing people's remarks and their experiences, i think i am not the only one. The pain is huge when one has worked under strict and hard circumstances on WP visa. Employers tend to press you so hard that you dont even remember your identity and feel like a waste in the society but then the only positive is that the family behind is doing well and atleast my sufferings bring out some fruits if not me atleast for my parents and brothers.

I will keep you updated but this wait is "killing me softly"

Take care

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Are you aware if they always do delay for WP holders with 2/3 jobs.
I have never seen a post on this board, or similar boards, mentioning that.

The case worker seemed unsure as what was the hold up.
It could be as mundane as the UKBA computer system being down, or working very slowly, and that meaning that necessary checks could not be undertaken on the day.
John

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi Lahore

Well after carefully reading about your case the only thing comes to my mind to hold your case back is that they're might be checking regarding the frequent change of WP and possibly making an enquiry regarding your previous employer reporting you to the HO for leaving the job. Well to be honest with you mate I've never ever come accross any case on any immigration discussion forums like yours where a person is lucky enough to change jobs in WP and gets new WP eaisly enough to be honestly. But think again on the +ve side of it you always gets your new WP fortunately enough, so if there'll any problem they should have stopped you at that time. I am keep telling you the same thing just trust me mate trust me life dont ends at UK ILR there's definitely a lot lot lots more to it.

I Swear if its possible to change WP I would have ran away from my company ages ago I always knew that its really hard and time taking procedure to change WP and jobs, yes if you're on Tier 1 G then it would be a whole lot different story. I work in the Finance sector in my company I knew what pressure means to be honest with you I've a very fair idea what you're saying in your previous post. But I believe that's every where the more higher up you go the more pressure will come on to you. That's why to be honest with you I feel soo mentally tired that I just wanted to run away from this place no matter what will happen cause as I've said to you in my previous post there's a limit for every thing and when it comes down to bearing pressure I know that. I've seen my juniors getting promotions, getting huge pay rise and all these things so my heart still bleeds and the wounds are still bleeding the only good thing I got from my company is a £10 K pay rise this year after working on a Single salary for the last 4 years and 3 months but that's the remuneration they gave me for keeping the client longest time with my company for the past 4 years and the way they gave me this remuneration is as if they're giving this to me as a charity money to a begger standing on the street.

Well sorry again for going off the track. That's the only thing comes to my mind for your ILR case being stopped and nothing in concrete to be honest with you mate nothing in concrete these are just more ideas from my evaluation that's all about it. But remember always the +ve side that you always got the WP changed quite eaisly even after your employer reported you leaving the job with him so that shouldn't be a problem this time for you as well getting the ILR. To be honest with you the CW who works for UKBA I dont like to say much about them. Lack of knowledge and lack of qualifications they just made the judgements as it comes through to them that's all I can see. One of my friend got his ILR on the 26th March 2012 he's here on HSMP and you're not going to believe this that he got arrested 3 times by the police as the company he was working for they've done some frauds with the HMRC in their Taxations and the fraud amount has gone in Million figures to be honest with you and unfortunately he just joined them 3 months ago as a Qualified Management Accountant and you're not going to believe this again that he came out clear from that fraud investigation which has lasted nearly 2 years and he remained on conditional bail. But in Croydon he got his ILR successfully with out being a single question asked from him.

So again the moral of the story is that keep your hopes high and positive and May God Help you and May God Be With you AAMIN.

Keep us posted with any more updates.

When you get your ILR always remember this thing from my post mate trust me always remember this that there's nothing important in life that with out having that thing in your life it stops any where.

" Life is like a bicycle and in order to keep the balance you need to keep moving".

Good luck for your ILR.

brian78

query

Post by brian78 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:32 pm

what are the de[artements they will check?