ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 +EEA4 Documents required.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

presido007

EEA3 +EEA4 Documents required.

Post by presido007 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:20 am

Hi Everyone, I am a family member of EEA national and I am about to send my application for eea3 +eea4 nextweek, pls could anyone tell me if the documents am about to send is enough?
I have been married to my EEA national since 2006 and we have been living in UK and got her RC as astudent in April 2007 and mine May 2007.

Documents included as evidence to proof Relationship

1.Marriage Certificate

Documents included as evidence to proof that my EEA national has exercised Treaty Rights for 5 years.

Time spent as a student – 16/04/2007 to 01/07/2010

2. Bachelor of Arts Degree Certificate
3. Certificate of Credit from University
4. Payments schedule letter from Student Loans Company Limited
5. Unconditional offer letter from UCAS
6. Letter from University

Time in employment- 02/07/2010 to Ongoing

7. P60s ( year 2010 and 2011 )
8. Pay Slips (from July 2010 to March 2012)
9. Letter from employer
10.Contracts of employment

Documents included as evidence to proof that my EEA national has been a residence in the UK for 5 years.

11. Bank Statements- since 5 years

Documents included as Evidence to Proof that I family member of EEA national has been a residence in the UK for 5 years.

12. Bank Statements - Since 5 years
13. P60s (year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011)
14. Tenancy Agreements -though two agreements are missing in between

please could anybody let me know if am alright to send my applications. I have tried to look for some of my bills but I cant find anything from 2007 and 2008, should I include the bills for 2009 to 2012. Pls I need help!

presido007

Post by presido007 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Please, can somebody please help? I am only trying to avoid mistakes.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:24 pm

I think that many of the documents are redundant. Make the application simple for the case worker.

No point sending 5 different types of proof your partner was a student. Same goes for time in employment. No need to spend 4 different documents which prove the same thing.

If the letter from university states her status and coves all the period that should be enough. Same goes for the letter from employer (you can add the P60. No point sending payslips to cover the same period as the P60).

Your partner will need to provide evidence for funds as a student. The easiest way is just to sign a declaration stating her funding and that she did not use public funds.

I would also include her RC which was issued as a student. This will prove she is exempt from CSI.

I'm personally not a big fan of 5 years bank statements. Just too many pages. 5 years of P60 should could also prove residency and they don't weight so much.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Jambo wrote:I think that many of the documents are redundant. Make the application simple for the case worker.

No point sending 5 different types of proof your partner was a student. Same goes for time in employment. No need to spend 4 different documents which prove the same thing.

If the letter from university states her status and coves all the period that should be enough. Same goes for the letter from employer (you can add the P60. No point sending payslips to cover the same period as the P60).

Your partner will need to provide evidence for funds as a student. The easiest way is just to sign a declaration stating her funding and that she did not use public funds.

I would also include her RC which was issued as a student. This will prove she is exempt from CSI.

I'm personally not a big fan of 5 years bank statements. Just too many pages. 5 years of P60 should could also prove residency and they don't weight so much.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:04 pm

thank you for your reply, I think you have answered most of my questions, but you said something about my spouse needs evidence of fund as a student, but she had european student loan which funded her studies, they paid directly to the university, and I have the confirmation of payments letter from the loan company for duration of her studies.

secondly, her RC(yellow card) was not returned to her by HO when she was issued with her Blue Card in 2010 after her studies.

so are you saying i have enough document to proof my residensy for 5 years, I dont have to include utility bills?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Did the student loan also cover her living cost or just tuition? She will need to declare that she had enough funds while being a student without access to public funds (benefits).

I would mention in a cover letter that she was issued with a yellow card as a student just to make it clear she is exempt from CSI.

I would think that P60 from a UK based employer is good enough to show residency. why would a utility bill be a stronger proof?

presido007

Post by presido007 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 pm

thank you Jambo for you quick reply, you have been very helpful.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:32 pm

I have posted my applications today, am so happy I finally got all my documents together. Thank you Jambo for your advice.

melcu

Post by melcu » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Jambo wrote: The easiest way is just to sign a declaration stating her funding and that she did not use public funds.
Does Child tax credit considered to be a public fund? Because I have recieved regularly over 4 years now. I am non-EU family member of EU citizen with residency card. It doesnt say anything on my residency card about public funds. As I remember, when I applied for child tax credit, wasn't problem about my status.
Sorry, if this might be a silly question.

PS.Excuse me, presido007, that I am asking here.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:06 pm

melcu wrote:
Jambo wrote: The easiest way is just to sign a declaration stating her funding and that she did not use public funds.
Does Child tax credit considered to be a public fund? Because I have recieved regularly over 4 years now. I am non-EU family member of EU citizen with residency card. It doesnt say anything on my residency card about public funds. As I remember, when I applied for child tax credit, wasn't problem about my status.
Sorry, if this might be a silly question.

PS.Excuse me, presido007, that I am asking here.
You need to elaborate on your circumstances. What has the EU citizen done since coming to the UK, were they a worker, student or other?

melcu

Post by melcu » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:10 pm

presido007 wrote:I have posted my applications today, am so happy I finally got all my documents together. Thank you Jambo for your advice.
It is really very exhausting to put all together, isn't it?
Good luck!
I am going to post my application on Monday. Have you posted both applications in one envelope? Did you write cover letter? One for each application or just all in one letter? We are going to write one cover letter with all the explanation in it for both applicants. Don't know if that is good idea.

melcu

Post by melcu » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:16 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
You need to elaborate on your circumstances. What has the EU citizen done since coming to the UK, were they a worker, student or other?
My EU husband is working since 2005, full time, besides of 3 months in summer of 2007, being jobseeker. I am working since October 2007, after I started I had applied for Child tax credit and based on my childcare circumstances I have received since then about £40 every four weeks.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:53 am

melcu wrote:
presido007 wrote:I have posted my applications today, am so happy I finally got all my documents together. Thank you Jambo for your advice.
It is really very exhausting to put all together, isn't it?
Good luck!
I am going to post my application on Monday. Have you posted both applications in one envelope? Did you write cover letter? One for each application or just all in one letter? We are going to write one cover letter with all the explanation in it for both applicants. Don't know if that is good idea.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:09 am

melcu, yes it is very fustrating putting this documents together most especial when you read some of the thread on some other post on this forum, some documents were rejected by HO and at the same time accept in some other applications, it is very confusing.

Yes I posted my eea3 +eea4 in one envelope and I used one cover letter for both applications, there is no point writing 2 cover letters since the application will be considered by the same person (I hope)

about child tax credit, I dont see it affecting your application if your EEA national was working within these period, it would have been a problem if he was exercising his treaty wright as a student or self sufficent person.
maybe the Guru should correct that if I am wrong.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:51 am

melcu wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
My EU husband is working since 2005, full time, besides of 3 months in summer of 2007, being jobseeker. I am working since October 2007, after I started I had applied for Child tax credit and based on my childcare circumstances I have received since then about £40 every four weeks.
Melcu, as your EU husband is working you are definitely entitled to whatever UK residents are entitled to, so yes child tax credit is fine.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:08 pm

what if the eea national was exercising right in uk as a student but still works part time (20 hours a week) will the eea national be entitled with any form of benefit, like child tax credit?

melcu

Post by melcu » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 pm

presido007 wrote:melcu, yes it is very fustrating putting this documents together most especial when you read some of the thread on some other post on this forum, some documents were rejected by HO and at the same time accept in some other applications, it is very confusing.

Yes I posted my eea3 +eea4 in one envelope and I used one cover letter for both applications, there is no point writing 2 cover letters since the application will be considered by the same person (I hope)

about child tax credit, I dont see it affecting your application if your EEA national was working within these period, it would have been a problem if he was exercising his treaty wright as a student or self sufficent person.
Thanks!

Indeed very confusing. One more question, have you posted your papers to
European Applications EEA3 or EEA4?

melcu

Post by melcu » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:54 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Melcu, as your EU husband is working you are definitely entitled to whatever UK residents are entitled to, so yes child tax credit is fine.
Thank you!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm

melcu wrote:
presido007 wrote:melcu, yes it is very fustrating putting this documents together most especial when you read some of the thread on some other post on this forum, some documents were rejected by HO and at the same time accept in some other applications, it is very confusing.

Thanks!

Indeed very confusing. One more question, have you posted your papers to
European Applications EEA3 or EEA4?
It doesn't matter which you address you choose if you put them in the same envelope.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:25 pm

is exactly one week today that I applied and still waiting......I cant wait for the good news

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:25 am

presido007 wrote:is exactly one week today that I applied and still waiting......I cant wait for the good news
is now exactly two weeks today, still waiting........one more week, if nothing is received by nextweek, I will give HO a call :D

I need COA before my employer start asking for it.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi presid 007, I think you should at least give them 4 weeks(1 month), and don't try to ring them I recommend you to write to them(email) and they will respond to you to at same day(few hours).
That's what I did after 4 weeks and they replied email says,,,,your COA has been despatched from office.
Good luck mate.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi presid 007, I think you should at least give them 4 weeks(1 month), and don't try to ring them I recommend you to write to them(email) and they will respond to you to at same day(few hours).
That's what I did after 4 weeks and they replied email says,,,,your COA has been despatched from office.
Good luck mate.
thank you spike_UK, my challenge is, my RP will expire April 30, and I have a feeling that my employer would want to see my PR or COA, so I thought, it is better for me to call them after three weeks, so that before April 30 they would have sent my COA.

since the HO replied your email, have they now sent your COA, if yes, when did you send the email and how long did it take?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:58 pm

If you need your COA for work, you are more than entitled to expedite it - anytime. You can be polite, but firm. No need to worry about staff getting annoyed.

presido007

Post by presido007 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:32 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:If you need your COA for work, you are more than entitled to expedite it - anytime. You can be polite, but firm. No need to worry about staff getting annoyed.
So, should I give HO a call or should I email them? which is more effective for a response from them? Do I have to wait for 4 weeks in this case before calling or emailing HO?