ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trouble with PSW application

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shreyasx01

Trouble with PSW application

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi Guys

I think I am in big trouble, in the morning I sent my PSW application but just noticed that I have not sent the covering letter from the bank along with my electronic bank statements. My electronic bank statement are stamped and signed by the bank but do not have a logo on them. Is this alright or will I be rejected?

Is there anyway that I can send the covering letter to the UKBA now? Without it I think my application will be rejected. Can anyone please help me out with this?
Please help! :(

Thank you

Rose6363

Post by Rose6363 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:59 pm

At what time did u post ur appli? I think u can go to the postoffice and ask them wether ur pack is been dispatched or not....if its still their in postoffice then take ur pack and include ur letter in that nd post again...don't waist time...

If ur pack is dispatched then u can call the ukba and infom them that u dint send the letter from bank..so that u can post it again by special delivery explaining the situation in the other letter(covering letter) including ur personal details, ask them to which address u have to send this...

Don't waste time nd do it soon..coz ukba is playing with applicants by taking every chance...
All the best....

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it has already been posted. So looks like I have to call up UKBA and explain them the situation.

My bank statements do not have a bank logo on them but are stamped and signed. Will these be accepted even if I provide the cover letter?

Please help!!!

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Shreyasx01 wrote:Hi!

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately it has already been posted. So looks like I have to call up UKBA and explain them the situation.

My bank statements do not have a bank logo on them but are stamped and signed. Will these be accepted even if I provide the cover letter?

Please help!!!
Its just like taking a big risk my friend.. The ideal situation would be to get some sort of logo on it.. If you check some of the other topics created on the forum, they are talking about the same issue.. See, once you call them , you can probably explain the situation and see if they accept it ??

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes, I just realized what a big mistake I've made. I should probably wait until Monday and call them up. Or I could stop the delivery of the package and add the letter in it. I will have 2 sleepless nights I believe :(

Rose6363

Post by Rose6363 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:51 pm

Call royalmail helpline and ask them if they can return the pack to you...I dnt knw if they work or not today...but try nd see now itself...so that u can post it again by 5th April...

Bank letter is "must" if u r providing printed statements, to be on safeside...u said their is no logo on statements, it is also "must"...if u take the printout at home u will get statements alOng with the logo then u can take them to bank and request for stamp nd sign...but anyways u have posted the appli....now try calling royalmail nd find if they can return the pack to u...

Don't worry u can deal with it...meanwhile in advance ,u prepare covering letter and keep it ready by Monday ...so that u can do it early without wasting time..

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:58 pm

Thank you!

Yes, I am doing that right now, I will call Royal Mail on Monday and halt the delivery of the item. In the meanwhile I will get the bank statements sorted and get a letter from the bank. I hope it works out. :(

Rose6363

Post by Rose6363 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:07 pm

If u have send the pack by special delivery then it will be delivered to ukba by Monday early morning...If u can call royalmail now it would be fine I think... (if they r Woking today)

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Unfortunately they are not working right now. They closed at about 12pm. I hope to call Royal mail early Monday morning and hope for the best. Otherwise I will call the UKBA and let them know of my situation.

Rose6363

Post by Rose6363 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:18 pm

All the best

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:20 pm

Thank you for your support :)

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:07 pm

Unfortunately you cannot halt the mail to be delivered. This is considered illegal according to royal mail. If you have given them the package to be posted, they cannot return it to you, will be delivered at any cost. Saying this through experience.

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Can anyone tell me what options I have now other than thinking of way to appeal? :(

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm

Can anyone tell me what options I have now other than thinking of a way to appeal? :(

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 pm

Appeals can only be made after refusals, Also you CANNOT present fresh evidence during appeals. The logical thing is to call UKBA ask for reference for your application, tell them the blunder you made, once you get a ref number send teh extr piece of information you have with a covering letter. Send it by Special Delivery so you have proof that you did post this, this should be done ASAP, before the application is rejected.
All the best
Shreyasx01 wrote:Can anyone tell me what options I have now other than thinking of a way to appeal? :(

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:40 am

Thank you for your advice. I will try my best to not get my application rejected. :(

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Do that make sure you send the info ASAP to avoid rejection, after sending the additional document(s) even if thing godforbid go pear shaped, you hvae a better chance at the appeal.
Shreyasx01 wrote:Thank you for your advice. I will try my best to not get my application rejected. :(

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 am

Hi guys,

I called up UKBA today and they told me they cannot provide me with a reference number. They said I should wait until I get the confirmation mail from them the reference number will be provided in that. Is the true? Or should I call them again and demand that they provide me with a reference number? Please help! What should I do? :(

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 am

Well bud if thats what they have told you, there's nothing much you can do about it, is there? Wonder if they would give in to your so called 'demand' ! :P Just be patient, if your application has reached them, they will send you an acknowledgement back in due time, and you will have to follow up from there!

Shreyasx01

Post by Shreyasx01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Thank you, I guess I will have to wait. Now I have the letter as well as the bank statements have all the details on them including the logo and stamped and signed. So it won't be a problem now. Fingers crossed and waiting for the reference number! :)

moh-pak
Newly Registered

PSW apply from Pakistan please help me

Post by moh-pak » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:32 am

Hi every one.
Please help me to answer. I applied for PSW visa from Pakistan on 4 april 2012. The problem is that the original letter I got from my college , they forgot to write my date of birth. They wrote my passport no in it by mistake. Other thing r fine in the letter. Please reply me. There will be problem.

bobobo

Re: PSW apply from Pakistan please help me

Post by bobobo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:47 am

I am not sure if your Date of Birth is actually required on the letter, it should state information regarding the University i.e. sponsor license number etc and that you have been awarded the qualification
moh-pak wrote:
Hi every one.
Please help me to answer. I applied for PSW visa from Pakistan on 4 april 2012. The problem is that the original letter I got from my college , they forgot to write my date of birth. They wrote my passport no in it by mistake. Other thing r fine in the letter. Please reply me. There will be problem.

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 am

Thanks for your reply. I read on Ukba web page they didnot say about date of birth. Means there will be no problem missing of date of birth on the letter. Please reply.

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Please help

Post by moh-pak » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:41 pm

I got the letter from my college with the correction of date of birth today but I already applied for PSW on 4 april. If it is possible me to send them by post after applied. Please let me know about how I can send my college letter to british high commission Islamabad pakisatn. Please reply. or no need to send them because I already submited the letter with my application without date of birth mention on the college letter. Please reply. It is worth to send them now or no need.

bobobo

Re: Please help

Post by bobobo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Like i said this information is not needed, so I dont see the point in sending anything to the HO
moh-pak wrote:I got the letter from my college with the correction of date of birth today but I already applied for PSW on 4 april. If it is possible me to send them by post after applied. Please let me know about how I can send my college letter to british high commission Islamabad pakisatn. Please reply. or no need to send them because I already submited the letter with my application without date of birth mention on the college letter. Please reply. It is worth to send them now or no need.