ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 Parent and child application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zheni

EEA3 Parent and child application

Post by zheni » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:44 pm

I am A2 national, exercising treaty rights as a student.
I have been living with my parents in the past 5 years and they have supported me financially.
My parents' registration certificates were issued earlier than mine as we all applied separately.
Now as the 5 years are coming to an end we are planning to apply for PR. I was thinking about the evidence that we need to provide and that some papers will be at the HO when I am to send my application.

Is it possible for me apply together with my parents, who supported my application if the date on my registration certificate has not yet passed?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:01 pm

If you all completed 5 years, you can apply together. The different dates on registration certificates would not matter, but you need to be able to demonstrate residence.

zheni

Post by zheni » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:39 pm

I can demonstrate residence but I would not have completed the 5 years period according to my registration certificate.
I had a look at the application and I got the impression that only the main applicant has to supply evidence of exercising treaty rights. Is this correct?
I was thinking to provide evidence that I have been a student and for each of my parents that they have been self-employed or employed hence providing enough evidence to prove that each one of us has been exercising treaty rights.
Is this what should be done or do we need to provide evidence for the main applicant and only evidence proving residence for all dependant applicants?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:54 pm

In general the residence certificate itself is only proof of an existing right, so its date is not hugely important.

Let's say a mother was the main EEA applicant and worked for 5-years. She qualifies for PR in her own right. Her non-working husband, her children under 21 who lived with her would also achieve PR. The children would have had to be 16 or younger when the mother came to the UK. Children over 21 would also qualify provided that they were dependent on the mother after 21.

Hope this makes sense.

zheni

Post by zheni » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 pm

Yes, it does. Thank you.
I thought that even if family members are applying under one application each has to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights except minor children.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 pm

zheni wrote:Yes, it does. Thank you.
I thought that even if family members are applying under one application each has to provide evidence of exercising treaty rights except minor children.
Glad it made sense.