ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dividend amount and timings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sshah20
Pakistan

Dividend amount and timings

Post by sshah20 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Dear All,

i have two questions regarding dividend of Ltd company.

1) A company declared dividend for the first time after 3 months of its incorporation. my question is can company declare dividend now after 2 months? or it will stick now to 3 month policy.

2) What about the amount of dividend is it or must remain same for all dividends?

regs

sakman

Post by sakman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:05 pm

with a LTD company you do have to show dividend vouchers or can your accountant just write all the dividends paid on one piece of paper explianing everything about your company

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Dividend amount and timings

Post by QuickSam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 am

sshah20 wrote:Dear All,

i have two questions regarding dividend of Ltd company.

1) A company declared dividend for the first time after 3 months of its incorporation. my question is can company declare dividend now after 2 months? or it will stick now to 3 month policy.

can vary

2) What about the amount of dividend is it or must remain same for all dividends?

can vary

regs
Give me more Karma (+)

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:09 am

sakman wrote:with a LTD company you do have to show dividend vouchers or can your accountant just write all the dividends paid on one piece of paper explianing everything about your company
2 pieces of evidence required so Dividend Voucher & Accountant Letter.
Give me more Karma (+)

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:12 am

thanks for your prompt reply.

sakman

Post by sakman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:43 pm

QuickSam wrote:
sakman wrote:with a LTD company you do have to show dividend vouchers or can your accountant just write all the dividends paid on one piece of paper explianing everything about your company
thanks for reply, what if my accountant has given me only a letter which states info about the company and at the bottom it says the amount of dividends paid each month, and not actual dividend vouchers.

do you think i can get away with not showing the dividend vouchers

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:33 pm

sakman wrote: thanks for reply, what if my accountant has given me only a letter which states info about the company and at the bottom it says the amount of dividends paid each month, and not actual dividend vouchers.

do you think i can get away with not showing the dividend vouchers
Dividend vouchers are supposed to be from your company and not the accountant. Print the dividend vouchers on your company letterhead (u can easily prepare your letterhead in MS Word). If you have your company stamp, use it to stamp your dividend voucher and sign it as you are the director.

Your accountant can provide you a format but will generally not send it to you. Your accountant just confirms the amount on your dividend vouchers & salary slips (which your company is supposed to produce).
Give me more Karma (+)

sakman

Post by sakman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 pm

thanks very much, that has cleared up a lot of confusion,

i didnt know i am meant give myself salary slips and dividends vouchers, i thought the account was meant to give this to me.

as im the only employee of the company, do you think i should still give myself salary slips and dividends vouchers.

the ECO might think i have made them up

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 am

You have to make them up unless your Accountant has already agreed to send you generated payslips and dividend vouchers.

That's what most of us do. Your accountant can at the most print the dividend voucher for you and put the accountancy stamp on it.
Give me more Karma (+)

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:32 pm

QuickSam wrote:You have to make them up unless your Accountant has already agreed to send you generated payslips and dividend vouchers.

That's what most of us do. Your accountant can at the most print the dividend voucher for you and put the accountancy stamp on it.
thanks again for another answer. that has cleared up another matter.

does any one know where i can get templates for dividends and salary slips?

thanks in advance

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

thanks for this. i found the dividends vouchers template on it.

but what about sample salary slips?

thanks in advance

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm

doesnt matter as i have googled it

if anyone else needs it then just google "payslips template"

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:52 pm

QuickSam wrote:
Hi when you say two pieces of evidence, what about salary slips? should i make these up or should i leave it- im the only employee of the company.

Thanks in advance