ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Application Form Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fredi
Newly Registered

PSW Application Form Query

Post by fredi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:45 am

Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for Tier-1 PSW from India. I completed the course in Jan 2011 and graduation is in Jul, 2011. However I'll get my PSW letter from university soon. I need some help in filling out the self assessment form VAF9 Appendix 4 for PSW applicants. The queries I have are as listed below:

1. As my orginal certificate will only be issued in Jul, 2011, whether I need to check the box (Orginal Certificate of Award) in section 2.4 of the form. I'm using only the orginal PSW letter from university. Can I leave the box blank?

2. In summary sheet (last page) of the form there is no box to fill the points for English Language requirements. So if I calculate total points it will come as 85. I understand that Tier-1 PSW requires 95. Whether I need to fill the total points as 85 or 95?

Could anyone please suggest me their inputs for above queries?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Fredi

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Do not tick, the box which says Original Certificate of Award,

since you have not yet been issued with one.

You need to go with PSW letter which would be issued by your college/university.

It holds the same amount of points as your degree.

So English points are scored automatically :D

Good Luck

stan7

Post by stan7 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:24 pm

assuming that u did take the advise (leaving question 2.4 blank), did u get your PSW visa ?

I too am about to apply for mine under similar circumstances. Please advise