ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone paid by Bankers draft recently?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vignezh
United Kingdom

Anyone paid by Bankers draft recently?

Post by vignezh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi

Just getting to that stage where you are about to start panicking what happened to your application. I submitted my extension with one dependant by post on 12th March and application being received 13th March at the HO. I paid by Bankers draft (£1500) and now awaiting acknowledgement letter. I have checked on other websites and it appears those that sent their apps around the time as mine have received their letters but I haven't. I am wondering if Bankers draft payment is delaying this and obviously there is no way of me tracking whether this is the case.

I would like to hear from anyone who paid by Bankers draft recently so that I can console myself... :shock:

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 pm

currently even credit/debit cards payment is being taken after 7 days, bankers draft you can add another 3 days on average.

my application had reached uk ba on 6-feb, paying by bankers draft, and i got my acknowledgement letter on 20-feb. still a long time to go for you before you need to worry

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:47 pm

sts96508 wrote:currently even credit/debit cards payment is being taken after 7 days, bankers draft you can add another 3 days on average.

my application had reached uk ba on 6-feb, paying by bankers draft, and i got my acknowledgement letter on 20-feb. still a long time to go for you before you need to worry
Thanks buddy... that did put me at ease i should say...

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 pm

My application was received on 16 March and still waiting for payment. When called them then informed that due to unprecedent volume of applications, there is delay in processing payments. But look like they have less staff to do visa processing and causing all these delays.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 pm

manojk005 wrote:My application was received on 16 March and still waiting for payment. When called them then informed that due to unprecedent volume of applications, there is delay in processing payments. But look like they have less staff to do visa processing and causing all these delays.
Hi Manojk005, which number did you call them on and what was your mode of payment?

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 pm

vignezh wrote:
manojk005 wrote:My application was received on 16 March and still waiting for payment. When called them then informed that due to unprecedent volume of applications, there is delay in processing payments. But look like they have less staff to do visa processing and causing all these delays.
Hi Manojk005, which number did you call them on and what was your mode of payment?
My payment mode is credit card and I am calling my bank every second day for payment clearance as this instruction stays in their system for 48 hours only.

I called 0870 606 7766. Its worthwhile calling as they may realise that this is causing problem to people though they are migrants.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

manojk005 wrote:
vignezh wrote:
My payment mode is credit card and I am calling my bank every second day for payment clearance as this instruction stays in their system for 48 hours only.

I called 0870 606 7766. Its worthwhile calling as they may realise that this is causing problem to people though they are migrants.
Called that number, after 20 odd minutes, a tired sounding lady answered the phone... She didn't reply clear enough, but just said they have huge number of payments wating to be processed and just asked me to be patient... I get the feeling that they are struggling to cope with the surge of applications before the fee rise...

rknshree

bankers account number

Post by rknshree » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:55 pm

I have a question,
as I understand, in A7 , A8 and A9
you need to provide bank's account number , sort code and draft number
i know where to locate the draft number,
but am not sure about the account number and sort code
Can you guys please help in locating these ?

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: bankers account number

Post by vignezh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:41 pm

rknshree wrote:I have a question,
I hope you are using Bankers draft to pay. The sections A7 to A9 is made for both Cheques and bankers draft. If you are using Cheque, you need to provide your account number, sort code and the cheque number. if you are using Bankers draft, it is enough to fill the cheque number section alone (as the account number and sort code will be that of the banks). If you are unsure where to locate the draft number, check it with the bank.

Manka10

Re: bankers account number

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:32 pm

rknshree wrote:I have a question,
sort code is 6 digits, account number is 8
Manka

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi

I have recently sent my extension application with two dependents and paid £2k through bankers draft. I posted my app through royal mail next day delivery on the 13th and received acknowledgement letter on 24tg march. You should be getting yours soon If not already

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:19 am

DesiBoys wrote:Hi

I have recently sent my extension application with two dependents and paid £2k through bankers draft. I posted my app through royal mail next day delivery on the 13th and received acknowledgement letter on 24tg march. You should be getting yours soon If not already
hi Desiboys... i haven't received my acknowledgement yet i.e. until yesterday. Mine was a draft from HSBC. what about yours? Did you post it on the 13th or they received it on the 13th...

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:34 am

Hi. Mine was natwest. I posted mine on 13th so they received it on 14th. I got the letter on 24th.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:56 pm

DesiBoys wrote:Hi. Mine was natwest. I posted mine on 13th so they received it on 14th. I got the letter on 24th.
I went to the bank today and after a long wait they confirmed that the payment has gone through and UKBA would have had the money into their account on 22nd or 23rd March. It looks like they have treated my draft like a cheque.

I guess you wouldn't mind this silly question. Was your draft printed or hand written? Becuase mine was hand-written, looked exactly like a cheque with a HSBC hologram. I think if you get the draft from a major branch, it will be printed rather than handwritten...

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Mine was hand written too. And looked like a cheque.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Where do I find the account number, draft number and sort code etc on the banker's draft? I have a banker's draft. However, there are many numbers on the draft that makes it harder to figure out which one is which. Any help is appreciated.

rknshree

Post by rknshree » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:19 pm

iubus2005 wrote:Where do I find the account number, draft number and sort code etc on the banker's draft? I have a banker's draft. However, there are many numbers on the draft that makes it harder to figure out which one is which. Any help is appreciated.
At the bottom of the draft you will find what is called micr ( I can be wrong with the term) ,
The first 6 digits is draft number, it's in "
It is followed by space and the sort code ,
The last 8 digits are account number.
Hope this helps

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 pm

thanks for all the help. D-day coming up soon!!!

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Finally after 3 weeks, UKBA has sent my acknowledgment letter. I am glad that my application is not lost anywhere. Now joining the queue for the Biometric letter...

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Confused

Post by networkers » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi Guys,
I got my banker draft for the visa fees and I paid via my current account in the same Bank so my banker draft have the following

1. In small font printed my account number and sort code
2. At the bottom of the draft Cheque No. Sort Code and Account Number. which is probably of the Bank branch which issued me the draft.

So the question is do I need to fill in my personal account number and sort code with in the from for A7, A8 or the Bank's one?

Thanks for your help in advance.

ashafqat
BANNED

Re: Confused

Post by ashafqat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm

networkers wrote:Hi Guys,
I got my banker draft for the visa fees and I paid via my current account in the same Bank so my banker draft have the following

1. In small font printed my account number and sort code
2. At the bottom of the draft Cheque No. Sort Code and Account Number. which is probably of the Bank branch which issued me the draft.

So the question is do I need to fill in my personal account number and sort code with in the from for A7, A8 or the Bank's one?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Use Bank Account Number, Sort Code and Cheque which is present at the bottom of bankers draft

ashafqat
BANNED

Post by ashafqat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:03 pm

vignezh wrote:Finally after 3 weeks, UKBA has sent my acknowledgment letter. I am glad that my application is not lost anywhere. Now joining the queue for the Biometric letter...
Hi,

First of all Congrats that you have received acknowledgement letter. My document reached there on 20th and so far did not receive any thing. I just have a small query. I was Tracking my post using Royal mail website and according to them my item with reference XXXXXGB was delivered from their DURHAM Delivery Office on 20/03/12 and a person with name PAATERSON with very strange signature has received it. They did not mention complete address where its delivered. Is it same for every one, or with your tracking number you have received complete Home office address?

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:41 pm

ashafqat wrote:
vignezh wrote:Finally after 3 weeks, UKBA has sent my acknowledgment letter. I am glad that my application is not lost anywhere. Now joining the queue for the Biometric letter...
Hi,

First of all Congrats that you have received acknowledgement letter. My document reached there on 20th and so far did not receive any thing. I just have a small query. I was Tracking my post using Royal mail website and according to them my item with reference XXXXXGB was delivered from their DURHAM Delivery Office on 20/03/12 and a person with name PAATERSON with very strange signature has received it. They did not mention complete address where its delivered. Is it same for every one, or with your tracking number you have received complete Home office address?
Mine was received by someone called JENKINS, again not proper signature... I guess when you sign for 100s of packages, you cant sign properly for every one of them... I think you will have to wait for 2-3 weeks before you receive the acknowledgement letter... Before I received my letter, I tried calling UKBA to find out what was happening, they told me to wait until 4-5 weeks max for acknowledgement. So I would advice you not to panic just yet. :)

ashafqat
BANNED

Post by ashafqat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 pm

vignezh wrote:
ashafqat wrote:
Hi,

Mine was received by someone called JENKINS, again not proper signature... I guess when you sign for 100s of packages, you cant sign properly for every one of them... I think you will have to wait for 2-3 weeks before you receive the acknowledgement letter... Before I received my letter, I tried calling UKBA to find out what was happening, they told me to wait until 4-5 weeks max for acknowledgement. So I would advice you not to panic just yet. :)
Thanks for the info. What about address in Post Office tracking system? Is it showing complete UKBA Address for you. I just want to make sure my document are reached at proper place

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 pm

ashafqat wrote:
vignezh wrote:
ashafqat wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the info. What about address in Post Office tracking system? Is it showing complete UKBA Address for you. I just want to make sure my document are reached at proper place
Mine doesn't show full address either. It just says it was delivered from Durham delivery office. Just save this confirm as pdf, or even save a screenshot. This will do.

Also if I am not wrong, someone else said their documents were received by PATTERSON as well. Dont worry it should be fine...