ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start date for Work permit employment ILR query urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dms_sbs

Post by dms_sbs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi I came in UK in Sept 2005 and finished diploma in Nov 2006 My visa was till Dec 2006. I got enrolled in another course at college for Management course. I was issued FLR for another year till Nov 2007 on student visa. I never worked more then 20 hrs till 1st March 2007 when I got full time job in my own profession. I told my employer that I was on student visa so needed work permit urgently. They issued me work permit letter in April 2007 but that was in country. I actually needed out country because I could not switch in UK. In May I got Out country work permit paper which I took with me and went to India on 1st June 2007. I applied entry clearance visa from there. The document which I submitted was my degrees, diploma and March, April May salary slips from the employer to whom I was working. I even had letter that i was working on full time. My employer wrote start date from 1st March 2007. When my visa was in process I always had doubt that It could be refused because I worked on full time on FLR student visa. Because diploma was finished in Nov 2006 and it had date on it as well. But nothing happened and got my entry clearance. They took 201 days to process. I entered to UK on new visa Work permit visa and since then I have been in UK employed at same company. I got extension in 2011 on tier 2.
My query is that If my employer write March 2007 as my start date then will they say that why I worked in student visa on full time. Would there be any trouble. If it was then why they did not refuse my entry clearance. In entry clearance I entered in new visa. Please suggest me I am in doubts Do I need to take help of lawyer as it is matter of life.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi

Well I can only advice you that you should take the employer letter with the start date of your WP and just mention them that I was Working for the same employer as Part time and fortunate enough i got the job and got the WP. That's all it didn't looks that of a big problem to me to be honest with you. Just explain the CW that they've updated their employment data base and the start date of my full time employment with my employer is after you got your WP. Just be confident they are not going to kill you for the change of employment date in the employer letter just be confident.

Please kindly keep us updated with your PEO experience.

Just a bit piece of advice dont try to get an appointment at Croydon. What I've read in the forum is most of the bad experiences happened to all the people at Croydon in this forum,for eg IT issues at Croydon and the things like that.

Good luck for your ILR.

dms_sbs

Post by dms_sbs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi thanks for advice
But When I applied for entry clearance I declared that I was full time employed at that time. However it was student FLR visa. But still I got Entry clearance visa. I have not breached any rules since I re enter into to Country on Work permit visa? If they ask that why I worked on student visa then why they gave me entry clearance visa from India when they know that I was full time employed with company with whom I was applying for work permit. I did not conceal any thing from them at that time then can they still reject my ILR on that ground.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:18 am

Hi Mate

Think like that if the HO didn't said any thing to you at that time it could might be possible that they'll catch this up this time. All I said to you is advising you that's all. And once again think again what I've said to you in my post. You can eaisly justify your position that your company has updated their employee information database and according to that information which is available on the letter. So if you have any furhter querries you can happily contact my company who issued this letter to me I haven't prepared this at my home just give this reply to the CW.

Rest is all up to you its entirely up to you telling you the truth that it depends on your luck as well some time the HO people over see many things and some times they just look for that single mistake from your side to refuse your application for that reason. I am just advicing you that's all it is that caution is better than care.

Please keep us posted with your PEO experience in the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

dms_sbs

Post by dms_sbs » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:35 am

Hi Tanks very much.
But do I need to tell this to my employer as well that they need to tell part time job if they are asked.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:57 am

Hi

I believe that you should have to have a clear discussion with your employer before giving any statement in the HO.

Hope this will answer your question.

Good luck for your ILR.