ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (ICT) ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

susan0x

Tier 2 (ICT) ILR

Post by susan0x » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi there,

Just wanted to clarify a few points related to ILR on Tier 2. I would be really grateful if you can answer the following , please:

I got my (first) Tier 2 general visa in May 2010 for 6 months but I have got it extended till Dec 2011. But some how I went back to my country in Dec 2010.

My Company (Same as previous company) sponsored Tier 2 ICT in July 2011 for 3 years and came to UK.

Now my question is regarding the ILR.

1. Since ILR has been barred on Tier 2 after April 2011, will I be eligible for the ILR?

2. As new rule of 35K rule for ILR came now, is it for all Tier 2 or only for Tier 2 holders prior to April 2011?

3. How can I adjust 7 months back for the ILR?

Thanks in Advance.

Agastya80

Re: Tier 2 (ICT) ILR

Post by Agastya80 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:13 pm

susan0x wrote:Hi there,

Just wanted to clarify a few points related to ILR on Tier 2. I would be really grateful if you can answer the following , please:

I got my (first) Tier 2 general visa in May 2010 for 6 months but I have got it extended till Dec 2011. But some how I went back to my country in Dec 2010.

My Company (Same as previous company) sponsored Tier 2 ICT in July 2011 for 3 years and came to UK.

1. Since ILR has been barred on Tier 2 after April 2011, will I be eligible for the ILR?

2. As new rule of 35K rule for ILR came now, is it for all Tier 2 or only for Tier 2 holders prior to April 2011?

Thanks in Advance.
I think you won't be able to apply ILR as ILR is not available to those who holds Tier 2 ICT issued after April 2010.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

ILR is not barred for Tier 2 category after April 2011. There are certain restrictions but ILR is still open for Tier 2 visa holders
Thanks!

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 pm

You can not have so long gap for ILR.. i think not more than 90 days..

Thanks in Advance.

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Agastya80 wrote:

Thanks in Advance.
I think you won't be able to apply ILR as ILR is not available to those who holds Tier 2 ICT issued after April 2010.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

ILR is not barred for Tier 2 category after April 2011. There are certain restrictions but ILR is still open for Tier 2 visa holders
But as per the following link, some Tier 2 migrants has to have a minimum salary threshold of £35,000 for ILR.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-03- ... ly-now.htm

"Skilled migrant workers coming to the UK under Tier 2 of the points-based system will no longer be able to settle in the UK simply based on the amount of time they have spent in the UK. There will continue to be a route to permanent residence for some Tier 2 migrants, if they meet a minimum salary threshold of £35,000."

Can anyone clarify the same?

thanks