ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting times on BRP for PEO appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lemurkilo
Newly Registered

waiting times on BRP for PEO appointment

Post by lemurkilo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:06 am

Hi All,
What is the experience of the members here on BRP waiting times if you applied via a PEO for ILR? I have an urgent travel requirement one week after my PEO application but I'm not sure whether I will be able to do that. Has anyone applied for ILR via PEO and got their BRP within one week?

many thanks

lemurkilo
Newly Registered

Post by lemurkilo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:54 am

as an additional question, how long is the BRP valid for ?(if we are applying for ILR--is it 10 years or 2 years?)

thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:08 am

Although they say it takes 7-10 days to arrive but I have noticed on this forum that majority of people who have recently applied for ILR at PEOs, have got their cards in 3-4 days.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:27 pm

lemurkilo wrote:as an additional question, how long is the BRP valid for ?(if we are applying for ILR--is it 10 years or 2 years?)

thanks
Someone who received BRP has posted in the forum that BRPs are valid for 10 years and after that you need to renew it.
Do not that ILR itself has no expiry, it is just that you need to renew the BRP card, like driving licence.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:49 pm

I got my ILR approved on 27th March at Liverpool PEO, still waiting for mine.
Was on Tier 1. Fingers Crossed.