ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay your student visa? ACADEMIC RESEARCH on UK Policy

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UnivResearcher
Newly Registered

Overstay your student visa? ACADEMIC RESEARCH on UK Policy

Post by UnivResearcher » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:48 am

Hello All, I am a graduate student trying desperately to find candidates for my thesis research. It is guaranteed that all information will be kept confidential and anonymous. I am appealing to anyone who themselves be or know someone who has overstayed their student visa and is still residing in the UK. I know this is an extremely sensitive topic, but that is exactly the reason that I wanted to do my research on "irregular" migration.

If anyone can contribute and share their experience of navigating through UK's immigration process, I would be tremendously- tremendously - grateful.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. Please PM me and I will send you my direct email with more information.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 am

How much can you pay? Nothing is for free in this world.

UnivResearcher
Newly Registered

Post by UnivResearcher » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:25 am

Thank you for your response. I am a graduate student conducting these interviews for my thesis work. I have already conducted interviews in Paris and did not have to pay anyone for sharing their experiences. In these cases, the participants were happy to share their stories because no one had really listened to them before. I am trying desperately to finish my thesis but I am not willing to bend my ethics in terms of financially compensating people for their time and consideration.

I can only appeal as a student, with very little means myself, hoping to make a contribution to the literature with the experiences of immigrants in hopes of changing the process.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Alright
Best of luck!