ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic Research - Calling all "Irregular" Migran

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UnivResearcher
Newly Registered

Academic Research - Calling all "Irregular" Migran

Post by UnivResearcher » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 am

Hello,
I am a graduate student doing my masters' research on Immigration to the UK. I was wondering if you would want to discuss your experience in trying to get residency/entry through legal channels but maybe have done so outside legal channels. I understand this is an extremely sensitive topic - all information I am collecting will be kept anonymous and confidential. I have conducted interview about immigration to France as well (where I am based at an American graduate school) but am having trouble finding candidates in the UK (where my network is smaller) so I am trying this end.

Please help me if you can. I would be extremely grateful for you to share your experience and contribute to the research regarding immigration policies and their actual human impact. Immigrants are people, not files and I would like to enrich my thesis with these personal experiences. Again, I appreciate your time and consideration and hope that I can successfully appeal to you. Please PM if you are interested in sharing and I will contact you immediately with my academic email/contact information.

Thanks again,
Jennifer