ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date on Employers letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajaninanu

Date on Employers letter

Post by rajaninanu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 am

Hello

Good Morning

Please May I ask a doubt regarding the employers letter? When we get a letter from our employer should that also be dated within a month of our date of application?
For Example, I had worked for my previous employer in the month of September. So I plan to get an employers letter from them for applying for extension in the middle of May. Should I wait till the middle of April or can I do that now?

Many Thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 am

What is this employer letter about & for what specific reason you need it?

as far as I know, you dont need any letter from previous employers to apply for extension
Manka

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks manka for responding.

I am going to apply for tier 1 extension in the month of May and my claim period is from May 2011 to april 2012. I got a permanent job in the month of September. Before that I used to do supply teaching. So I had worked for a few agencies. Through them I had been teaching in schools. So when I show my previous income, it includes the amount that these agencies paid me. So as 1 proof of income i thought i will get employer's letter from these agencies. So I wanted to make sure, if those letters should be dated within a month of my date of application?
The problem with the payslips of these agencies is that they dont show the gross amount.

Am I doing the right thing? Please respond

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:20 am

rajaninanu wrote:Thanks manka for responding.

I am going to apply for tier 1 extension in the month of May and my claim period is from May 2011 to april 2012. I got a permanent job in the month of September. Before that I used to do supply teaching. So I had worked for a few agencies. Through them I had been teaching in schools. So when I show my previous income, it includes the amount that these agencies paid me. So as 1 proof of income i thought i will get employer's letter from these agencies. So I wanted to make sure, if those letters should be dated within a month of my date of application?
The problem with the payslips of these agencies is that they dont show the gross amount.

in this case you can get a letter from them confirming the amount they paid

this letter can be dated anytime, doesnt necessarily have to be within a month before you apply, although the letter should state the period when the earnings were made with stamp & sign on it of course
Manka

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:30 am

rajaninanu wrote:Thanks manka for responding.

The following extract from the UKBA Policy Guidance might help:

iii) Letter from the applicant’s (previous and/
or present) employer(s) (or in the case
of winnings, the relevant awarding body)
confi rming that he/she has received the
exact amount claimed. This is a letter
on company headed paper which clearly
shows the applicant’s earnings during
period claimed, and the date and amount
of each payment. This letter should be
dated after the period for which earnings
are being claimed and should clearly show
the applicant’s gross and net pay.

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am

perfect!!!, Thank you so much ScopeD and Manka

That was great help

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:33 pm

There should have gross amount before TAX and NI deduction. Otherwise how can you claim point?

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 pm

yes somudro,
I shall be asking them to include the gross amount
Many Thanks