ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SP Jain PG Diploma removed from PBS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asedwal
Newly Registered

SP Jain PG Diploma removed from PBS

Post by asedwal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi All,
My wife got her Tier 1 in June 2009 and at that time claimed 35 points for masters, now we are trying to renew visa from within UK and have few issues -

1) SP Jain PG diploma (which was masters in PBS in 2009) is not there any more
2) Because previous visa was granted before April 2010, she doesn't get any points for Bachelors

so she is not getting enough points for tier 1.

could anyone suggest any workaround.

--------
If nothing else works and I apply for her as my dependent (I am on tier 1), would our marriage certificate from India (normal A4 paper without proper photographs) be enough or would we need to get this marriage authorised from Indian embassy

Many Thanks!

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Just choose the relevant band on PBS calculator. The person proved the education when the diploma was on the list so don't need to do it again.

You can get her to convert to your dependant and use your original marriage certificate. Don't need to get it attested as different countries have different formats of Marriage Certificates. The only thing is, she'd have to return to her home country and then apply as a dependant.
Give me more Karma (+)

asedwal
Newly Registered

Post by asedwal » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks for your response,
It probably makes sense then to apply Tier 1 for my wife, thanks for your help.

tried googling UKBA for any comment about shifting from Tier 1 to dependent, there isn't anything like that on website (however it mentions the opposite), is there a blanket rule on shift to and from dependent category?

Thanks again

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:22 pm

asedwal wrote:Thanks for your response,

tried googling UKBA for any comment about shifting from Tier 1 to dependent, there isn't anything like that on website (however it mentions the opposite), is there a blanket rule on shift to and from dependent category?

Thanks again
you can move from T1 main to dependent, but need to apply from home country for EC

T1 dependent cannot become a T1 main applicant
Manka

tier1HS
Newly Registered

Post by tier1HS » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Manka10 wrote:
asedwal wrote:Thanks for your response,

Thanks again
you can move from T1 main to dependent, but need to apply from home country for EC

I have just got my tier 1 extended using my PGDM from IIM, through PEO appointment route. That qualification has also been removed from points calculator. However, since I have had points allocated, for my initial application in 2009, I got them again this time.

T1 dependent cannot become a T1 main applicant

asedwal
Newly Registered

Post by asedwal » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks everyone for your replies, I am applying for my wife's tier 1 now based on the masters qualification already proven in last application

fingers crossed!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm

asedwal wrote:Thanks everyone for your replies, I am applying for my wife's tier 1 now based on the masters qualification already proven in last application

fingers crossed!
You are good to do that. We do not need supply degree certificate if you have earned points during initial application.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:13 pm

asedwal wrote:I am applying for my wife's tier 1 now based on the masters qualification already proven in last application
I hope you meant that it is your wife who is applying.

member_2013
Newly Registered

Post by member_2013 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Dear Asedwal,

By now your wife's visa application must have been through. I am going to apply for my visa's extension next month. As similar to your wife's case, during my initial application i was awarded 35 points for qualification for my masters degree. However now the name of the institute does not appear in the drop down list.

Could you please let me know what was the outcome of your wife's visa application ? did they consider the same points previously allocated ?

Thanking you in anticipation

member_2013
Newly Registered

Post by member_2013 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Dear tier1HS,

Even the Institute from which i did my masters (for which i was awarded 35 points in my initial application) does not appear in drop down list of qualification in UKBA site.

Did you have submit the certificate from UK NARIC or did you just claim the points based on your initial application.

Kindly guide me regarding it.

Thanks and Warm Regards