ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused, Seeking Advice - Should I Apply? Plz Read!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

The Legend
Newly Registered

Visa Refused, Seeking Advice - Should I Apply? Plz Read!

Post by The Legend » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:05 pm

thanks..
Last edited by The Legend on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Legend
Newly Registered

Post by The Legend » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:04 am

Last edited by The Legend on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:24 pm

I will not recommend you to apply for any visa for UK. You will just end up loosing visa fee and other deposit/advances.

First they keep all previous records, second they even dont give visa easily to anybody who has clean history how can a person expect visa who already has bad application history like your's.

If you still want to apply, tell them everything in visa form what will happen and take a chance only if you can afford expected financial loss.

The Legend
Newly Registered

Post by The Legend » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

thanks.

as far as i know they simply record data that is relevant like why was a person refused before, any fraud he/she has done etc. i dont think they keep records of previous application 'forms data'.

can anybody help me please. i can not find anything on internet that says that i should worry because of some previous 'application form' mistakes. they focus on why was a person refused, not on what he wrote in his previous application forms, is it true?
Last edited by The Legend on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Nobody can tell you more than this and I think you will not know exact thing untill you apply for visa and get result.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Visa Refused, Seeking Advice - Should I Apply? Plz Read!

Post by ScopeD » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 am

The Legend wrote:
b) when my consultant showed me the affidavit where it was written that i am engaged to my maternal uncle's (my sponsor) daughter, i aksed him why the heck did he do that he said it will strenghthen my case and will show bond with my uncle but i argued i dont want this, he said i just wrote that you are engaged and this wont hurt anyone. so i agreed.
c) the consultant helped me in filling my visa application form and wrote father in law everywhere in the application where relation with my sponsor was asked <------ now this clearly was stupid of me to accept this error, i did not say anything because i was stupid.. and because of that stupid decision i am worried that ECO might refuse me again on these grounds.

I am really struggling to understand how your case would have strengthened by putting down your uncle as "father-in-law". Is "uncle" not strong enough? Visa applications do not require people to be economic with the truth because that will come back to haunt you. I disagree that this was an "error", I think this was deception. The UK Border Agency keeps records of anything you say in your applications. However, with your level of education (seeing that you are thinking of a Master's degree), I think you should be able to handle a simple application for a visa without the need for a consultant who might end up convincing you to make other "errors". I suggest you answer all questions as truthfully as possible, should you decide to go ahead with the application. I am not sure you will stand a good chance with the ECO though (and am in agreement with a previous post by Deviser), but perhaps I could be wrong.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Is your uncle also your father-in-law? I know in some cultures you can marry your cousin, so I see how this is possible. If this is the case then it should not be a problem.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

quantum1 wrote:Is your uncle also your father-in-law? I know in some cultures you can marry your cousin, so I see how this is possible. If this is the case then it should not be a problem.
No his uncle is not his father-in-law. This is what was posted in the first post:
a) he wrote an affidavit stating that i am 'Engaged' to my maternal uncle's daughter (which is not true, by the way)

The Legend
Newly Registered

Post by The Legend » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 pm

thanks everyone.

The Legend
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Refused, Seeking Advice - Should I Apply? Plz Read!

Post by The Legend » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:38 pm

ScopeD wrote: I am really struggling to understand how your case would have strengthened by putting down your uncle as "father-in-law". Is "uncle" not strong enough? Visa applications do not require people to be economic with the truth because that will come back to haunt you. I disagree that this was an "error", I think this was deception. The UK Border Agency keeps records of anything you say in your applications. However, with your level of education (seeing that you are thinking of a Master's degree), I think you should be able to handle a simple application for a visa without the need for a consultant who might end up convincing you to make other "errors". I suggest you answer all questions as truthfully as possible, should you decide to go ahead with the application. I am not sure you will stand a good chance with the ECO though (and am in agreement with a previous post by Deviser), but perhaps I could be wrong.
I completely understand your point. and I accept my mistakes, but as I said I was stupid, actually I did not have much knowledge about applying to UK thats why I hired a consultant,believing he will guide me to the right direction to get my visa, but alas! :(

The Legend
Newly Registered

Post by The Legend » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:03 pm