ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Natwest printed statement - urgent query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ferryahmed82

Natwest printed statement - urgent query

Post by ferryahmed82 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 am

Hi guys

I am applying for Tier 1 geenral migrant extension. I want to apply before 6th April to avoid increased fee. I am showing my earnings for the period for april 2011 - March 2012. I have all the statements until Feb 2012 but doesnt have March one.

I ask Natwest to printoff my March statement and my 90 days saving account statement, they ask me to order them to be sent at home, but that I'll receive after 4-5 working days. On request they print out for me my March and saving account statement, but they were in different formats, as they were just printed out on the spot.

Although the statement is showing Natwest logo, branch details, my name, my address, my account number + sort code, date and time of printing and all the transactions I did. All of that was on A4 paper.

I am getting confused whether they will be accepted by Home office or not, bcz Natwest guys aren't stamping them neither sending me any letter. I am waiting for my postal statements to arrive before 5th April, so that I can send straightaway.

But can i risk by sending those printed statements which are in different format, but show all the necessary information Home office needs.

any replies??

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:00 am

Statements print out at the branch will need to be sign and stamped as far as I am concern.

Is it worth taking the risk of application being rejected to save £500?
You need to decide.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:40 am

ldbright wrote:Statements print out at the branch will need to be sign and stamped as far as I am concern.

You need to decide.
statements printed out in the branch do not need to be signed by the bank. Only online statements need to be signed and stamped.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:10 am

Greenie wrote:
ldbright wrote:Statements print out at the branch will need to be sign and stamped as far as I am concern.

You need to decide.
statements printed out in the branch do not need to be signed by the bank. Only online statements need to be signed and stamped.
You mean to say that banks which only issue statements online, those statements need to be signed and stamped, but bank like NatWest which send paper statement, doesn't need to be signed and stamped since it was printed at branch?

My statements also contains branch address at which they were printed......will that add any strength to my statements?

I have ordered my statements through post as well, and they should reach me within 4-5 working days, so If I receive them by thursday, I'll send them, but should I wait until thursday, or I just send my application with those printed statements, and when I'll get my posted statements, I will send them as well, to support my application??

Does this approach looks okay?

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 am

Greenie wrote:

You need to decide.
Greenies, I really hope what you said is true as I am facing similar problem apart from my bs are duplicates ordered over the phone and posted to me by the bank. Found this from ukba's website, which is where all the confusion come from.
If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

Do you mean bank statements print out the branch are not considered 'electronic bank statements'?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:54 am

No they are ad hoc statements printed in the branch not electronic statements.

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 am

Greenie wrote:No they are ad hoc statements printed in the branch not electronic statements.
So my bank statement ordered from the bank do not require stamp and sign as they are not electronic statement?

Thanks thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:42 am

Correct.

rknshree

Post by rknshree » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:13 pm

ldbright wrote:
Greenie wrote:No they are ad hoc statements printed in the branch not electronic statements.
So my bank statement ordered from the bank do not require stamp and sign as they are not electronic statement?

Thanks thanks.

I have used and sent the same statements with my application,
I raised the different format issue with my branch and customer care,
But these are the standard statements you get if you have paperless statement option
They satisfy all requirements of UKBA
- On official bank stationery, this is Natwest letter head A4 size
- your name and address
- Your account number and sort code
- Period of statement dates
Look at this
http://www.natwest.com/microsites/globa ... essexample

I am using the same.
Stop worrying !

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:57 pm

rknshree wrote:
ldbright wrote:

Thanks thanks.

But these are the standard statements you get if you have paperless statement option
- your name and address
Look at this

I am using the same.
Stop worrying !

But the one I have is slightly different from this. As it contains Natwest black and white logo followed by Branch address. Although it shows all the relevant information which u mentioned. Is it safe to send them without stamping?

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:10 pm

can someone send me UKBA enquiry email address or phone number? to get their opinion on this?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:55 pm

ferryahmed82 wrote:
rknshree wrote:
ldbright wrote:

Thanks thanks.

- your name and address
Look at this

I am using the same.
Stop worrying !

But the one I have is slightly different from this. As it contains Natwest black and white logo followed by Branch address. Although it shows all the relevant information which u mentioned. Is it safe to
send them without stamping?
only online statements need to be stamped by the bank. Statements produced by the bank do not need to be and are accepted as long as the contain the information listed above.

The general enquiry line give out incorrect information and are not the decision makers.

usman81

Post by usman81 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Guys, let me add to this. This is very confusing because guidance says about "ADHOC bank stataments must be printed on bank stationery/letterhead". Two Concerns:

a)What is excat definition of bank stationery?
b)This paragraph is provided for maintenance funds BUT not for claiming points on earning, where only electronic bank statements are mentioned.

I would advise to get those stamped by bank or get a letter atleast. Go back to branch and take guidance notes print with you and be assertive and don't loose patience, they might surrender.

ldbright wrote:
Greenie wrote:

You need to decide.
Greenies, I really hope what you said is true as I am facing similar problem apart from my bs are duplicates ordered over the phone and posted to me by the bank. Found this from ukba's website, which is where all the confusion come from.
If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

Do you mean bank statements print out the branch are not considered 'electronic bank statements'?

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:46 pm

I got my current account and saving account statement signed and stamped at NatWest branch in Heald Green, Cheadle.

I am also planning to send my original statements as soon as I receive them, after I have submitted my application.

so, am I good to go now with signed and stamped statements?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:05 pm

ferryahmed82 wrote:I got my current account and saving account statement signed and stamped at NatWest branch in Heald Green, Cheadle.

I am also planning to send my original statements as soon as I receive them, after I have submitted my application.

so, am I good to go now with signed and stamped statements?
Yes and you don't need to send originals later as both serve the same purpose.
Give me more Karma (+)

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 am

Visa application submitted today with original statements + branch printed statements (stamped + signed)
Fingers crossed...!!

MAUSMANI
Newly Registered

Post by MAUSMANI » Tue May 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi All,
I am in the same boat and it is quiet unlogical as My tier 1 expiring on 5 june 2012 . My Maintanance fund for 90 days will be completd on 30/05/2012. Now I cant wait for the statment to come on post as it will take 3 to 5 days . Went to three branch of Natwestr and everyone have teh same strory that printed stament black and white . If if is cooured than it makes sense. Anybody any luck , I am gone crazy now . Please help if anyonr out there got lucky

Kind Regards

MAUSMANI

ahmar_u@hotmail.com

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue May 15, 2012 1:41 pm

MAUSMANI wrote:Hi All,
I am in the same boat and it is quiet unlogical as My tier 1 expiring on 5 june 2012 . My Maintanance fund for 90 days will be completd on 30/05/2012. Now I cant wait for the statment to come on post as it will take 3 to 5 days . Went to three branch of Natwestr and everyone have teh same strory that printed stament black and white . If if is cooured than it makes sense. Anybody any luck , I am gone crazy now . Please help if anyonr out there got lucky

Kind Regards

MAUSMANI

ahmar_u@hotmail.com
Don't trouble yourself too much. Read the guidance properly. You can either apply with original or stamped online / bank printed statements
Give me more Karma (+)

MAUSMANI
Newly Registered

Post by MAUSMANI » Wed May 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi All,

The bottom line is Black and white printed statement from Natwest is acceptable , When it say in bank stationary what exactly that means, any clue of NatWest website where it says that printed statements are genuine .

Please let us all have a feed back and we all must call the bank and ask abou their exact policy about printed statment it should be somewher and by law they should provide us that.

Regards

M A

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 16, 2012 10:55 pm

From personal experience what I know is that different Natwest branches follow slightly different rules when it comes to stamping/signing statements. I asked Natwest (in Croydon) to Stamp an in-branch statement for my initial Tier 1 application a couple of years ago. They said they don't stamp Ad-hoc statements that they print at branches & also would not stamp online statements that customers print-out (reason given was that they don't have the time to check we haven't altered the e-statement printouts and hence cannot certify them to be authentic). I explained what it was for and they said they have issued Ad-hoc statements like this before for the same purpose (i.e. UKBA visa applications) and that it won't be a problem.

At the time I didn't want to take the risk, as the black and white statement, to me looked like a photocopy. So I went to a smaller local branch to see whether I could get a different result. They gave me the same statement again without a stamp, but when I asked for a cover letter to prove that it was a genuine copy, one was given along with the branch managers card attached. Submitted this and had no problems.

Just thought I'd share my experience in case it helps anyone decide how best to proceed...