ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon PEO using SET (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahulk
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon PEO using SET (O)

Post by rahulk » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:30 pm

I applied and received ILR in Croydon today.

My case was fairly straightforward: WP + WP + Tier 1. All with the same employer. I brought along and submitted the following documents:
- passport
- application form
- photographs
- P60s for all years worked on the above visas
- payslips and bank statements to achieve points for Tier 1 (note this was fewer than 12 months)
- Life in the UK test pass letter
- copies of all of the above except the application form

My appointment was for 10:30a. I got there at 10a and waited 15 mins or so before going through Heathrow style security. After they asked for the appointment reference number and then I had to stand in another queue to go to the first window. This queue took about 20 mins.

At the first window, the woman asked for my form, reference number and passport. She asked if I had been out of the country for longer than 90 days at any point in the five years and if my WP employer and Tier 1 employer were the same. She also said she would switch my appointment to include biometrics which took a bit of tapping on her computer. After this she gave me the ticket (time stamped 10:47a) and I went up to the 1st floor to pay. She also stamped my form as 'VALID'.

Payment was straightforward (I used a debit card). Shortly after, my ticket # was called to go to a window on the 1st floor. Here I was asked again for the form, photographs, passport and proof of payment (which is a tiny slip of paper given to you at the payment window). Some details were entered into the computer and then I was given back all the documents and told to go to the second floor and wait to be called to give biometric data.

This was when the long wait occurred. I must have waited till 12:15/12:30 before I was called. The lady said that they were backlogged. The biometric process is straightforward. They ask if you have provided such information before. Then fingerprints and a photograph are electronically taken and you sign a declaration form. At this point, she informed me that the data was being sent to a police database to be checked and once the results came back I would be called to a window on the second floor.

I probably waited till about 1:15p before I was called. This was the actual meeting with the caseworker. I handed him all my documents and made some comments re: my passport and submitting less than 12 months of bank statements/ payslips. He was not perturbed by any of this. He flipped through all the info quickly and said everything looked fine but he needed some time to check. He also asked what the longest period I had spent outside the UK in the last 5 years was (I had 1.5 pages of absences). I offered the copies and he said hang on to them, I'll call you when the check is done. Down came the shutter and I went and sat and waited. (This entire conversation may have taken 15 mins tops).

About 45 mins later, I was called and was told that the application had been approved. He explained the process of delivering the biometric card. I gave him the copies and he returned the original docs. Interestingly, no letter is given saying ILR has been approved. This is NOT explicitly stated in the biometric permit letter I was given. I asked specifically about this and he just said that those were the documents they provided. He did give me a generic letter (without my name etc. on it) saying the application had been approved and the proof of that was the biometric residence permit.

All in all, except for the waiting, this was not a bad experience. The staff is polite, courteous and un-harried. So are the other applicants. If I were to do it again, I'd bring food as the little snack booth on the 2nd floor is vile and expensive. I also didn't see much of an option to leave and return as tickets were being called constantly.

The only thing that surprised me were 1) the # of families/ children, 2) the # of solicitors/ agents, 3) the waiting around (its difficult to listen to music, watch a rubbish on the iPad etc. as u have to be alert for your ticket # being called).

I hope this is helpful as I have found other postings.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Congrats Rahulk and thanks for sharing your experience.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on your great success.

The case worker didnt asked you any thing back for your abscenses from the UK again as you said that you had a long sheet of abscenses from UK with you.

Did the case worker asked you any thing regarding your pay.

Thanks for sharing your PEO experience.

Good luck for the future.

rahulk
Newly Registered

Post by rahulk » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 pm

To answer your questions: no and no. Note my total absences were only 100 days or so and no absence was longer than 15 days. Income level was shown to be just over the requirement.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

congrats rahulk
did you submit employer letters or wp letter to cover wp period or were they satisfied with your p60s?

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR Success at Croydon PEO using SET (O)

Post by fahadz1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:06 am

rahulk wrote:I applied and received ILR in Croydon today.

My case was fairly straightforward: WP + WP + Tier 1. All with the same employer. I brought along and submitted the following documents:
- passport
- application form
- photographs
- P60s for all years worked on the above visas
- payslips and bank statements to achieve points for Tier 1 (note this was fewer than 12 months)
- Life in the UK test pass letter
- copies of all of the above except the application form

My appointment was for 10:30a. I got there at 10a and waited 15 mins or so before going through Heathrow style security. After they asked for the appointment reference number and then I had to stand in another queue to go to the first window. This queue took about 20 mins.

At the first window, the woman asked for my form, reference number and passport. She asked if I had been out of the country for longer than 90 days at any point in the five years and if my WP employer and Tier 1 employer were the same. She also said she would switch my appointment to include biometrics which took a bit of tapping on her computer. After this she gave me the ticket (time stamped 10:47a) and I went up to the 1st floor to pay. She also stamped my form as 'VALID'.

Payment was straightforward (I used a debit card). Shortly after, my ticket # was called to go to a window on the 1st floor. Here I was asked again for the form, photographs, passport and proof of payment (which is a tiny slip of paper given to you at the payment window). Some details were entered into the computer and then I was given back all the documents and told to go to the second floor and wait to be called to give biometric data.

This was when the long wait occurred. I must have waited till 12:15/12:30 before I was called. The lady said that they were backlogged. The biometric process is straightforward. They ask if you have provided such information before. Then fingerprints and a photograph are electronically taken and you sign a declaration form. At this point, she informed me that the data was being sent to a police database to be checked and once the results came back I would be called to a window on the second floor.

I probably waited till about 1:15p before I was called. This was the actual meeting with the caseworker. I handed him all my documents and made some comments re: my passport and submitting less than 12 months of bank statements/ payslips. He was not perturbed by any of this. He flipped through all the info quickly and said everything looked fine but he needed some time to check. He also asked what the longest period I had spent outside the UK in the last 5 years was (I had 1.5 pages of absences). I offered the copies and he said hang on to them, I'll call you when the check is done. Down came the shutter and I went and sat and waited. (This entire conversation may have taken 15 mins tops).

About 45 mins later, I was called and was told that the application had been approved. He explained the process of delivering the biometric card. I gave him the copies and he returned the original docs. Interestingly, no letter is given saying ILR has been approved. This is NOT explicitly stated in the biometric permit letter I was given. I asked specifically about this and he just said that those were the documents they provided. He did give me a generic letter (without my name etc. on it) saying the application had been approved and the proof of that was the biometric residence permit.

All in all, except for the waiting, this was not a bad experience. The staff is polite, courteous and un-harried. So are the other applicants. If I were to do it again, I'd bring food as the little snack booth on the 2nd floor is vile and expensive. I also didn't see much of an option to leave and return as tickets were being called constantly.

The only thing that surprised me were 1) the # of families/ children, 2) the # of solicitors/ agents, 3) the waiting around (its difficult to listen to music, watch a rubbish on the iPad etc. as u have to be alert for your ticket # being called).

I hope this is helpful as I have found other postings.
why she asked that if you have >90 absence in a stretch ? if you had said yes then what she has done ? any idea ?

parasiteslost

Post by parasiteslost » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 pm

fahadz1 wrote: why she asked that if you have >90 absence in a stretch ? if you had said yes then what she has done ? any idea ?
If he had said yes, the CW would have asked for proof that the absence was for business purposes or for compelling reasons. Failure to prove this would mean that his 5 year counter was reset when he would have exceeded the 90 days outside UK, and his ILR rejected (but no payment taken).
And if he had said yes and had sufficient proof, his application would have most probably been deferred to a postal application.

ramay

Post by ramay » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 am

parasiteslost wrote:
If he had said yes, the CW would have asked for proof that the absence was for business purposes or for compelling reasons. Failure to prove this would mean that his 5 year counter was reset when he would have exceeded the 90 days outside UK, and his ILR rejected (but no payment taken).
And if he had said yes and had sufficient proof, his application would have most probably been deferred to a postal application.
Hi parasiteslost!
Is it your guess or your experience? How do you know that?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:33 am

ramay wrote:
parasiteslost wrote:
Hi parasiteslost!
my ilr is due in couple of months. day by day i can see on immigration boards that they are becomming strict and i dont want to read that they ask if your absence is >90 do post it that will be upset for many people including me

parasiteslost

Post by parasiteslost » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 pm

ramay wrote:
Hi parasiteslost!
Based on several posts in this forum especially one post saying the HO distributed an internal email recently advising applications with absence issues be processed as postal.

ramay

Post by ramay » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 pm

parasiteslost wrote:
How long ago do they started to ask about absence>90 days at Croydon reception?
I think at reception point no body can reject ILR and reset your clock.Even ordinary CW can't do that..I think there is a special team or senior CW for that.(SEO , grade7)Another interesting question some people applying for ILR with absence>90 but they visa still valid for a few months more..In case they are rejected could they apply again and again for ILR ?May be the fortune will send them some nice CW with a good mood in that day...

Postal application that means they will send it to Durham? Or it will stays at Croydon and very very senior people for few months will be thinking to be or not to be!!??........Is it takes same time as a postal to Durham?Is that extra quid do any difference?
Last edited by ramay on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:33 am

well i have read from one guy whom they ask that is your absence is > 90 on reception.

ramay

Post by ramay » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:38 am

Most annoying thing and completely abominable that is nowhere is written that absence over 90 at a stretch resets ILR clock I was trying but wasn't able to find it.The modernized guidance does not says that.It says absence above 90/180 upon decision of senior seo or grade 7 officer. Nobody says >90 are worse than >180!!!
How people could know that and follow if they do not know!!!
Also the modernized guidance addresses to CW not people..It should be on relevant section of every visa category.It must be written if you
want to establish your life in UK please follow this rules
It against human rights to not disclose such information.

and also it must to be not in contradictory with rules for naturalization...(300-540) days absence in 5 years against 180(90) in same 5 years for ILR.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... cesfromuk/
Time spent here may exceptionally be aggregated, and continuity not insisted upon, for cases where:There have been longer absences abroad .....No single absence abroad must be for more than three months at a time and any periods of long absence must not total more than six months'
that also stupid its written that what is over 90/180 can be aggregated but no absence must be more than 90/180 ..

ramay

Post by ramay » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:51 am

fahadz1 wrote:well i have read from one guy whom they ask that is your absence is > 90 on reception.
when? this year?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:26 pm

ramay wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:well i have read from one guy whom they ask that is your absence is > 90 on reception.
when? this year?
i read last week and it happend last week

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:34 pm

fahadz1 wrote: i read last week and it happend last week
Also 2 weeks ago my friend was in Sollihul for ILR with 4 months business
trip.CW asked him send it by post as they do not have senior case workers..what is over 90 have to be approved by SEO or grade 7 and he asked what about over 180 she answered that is not a big problem...!!Sorry I can't proceed..with your case..

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:48 pm

ramay wrote:
fahadz1 wrote: i read last week and it happend last week
Also 2 weeks ago my friend was in Sollihul for ILR with 4 months business
trip.CW asked him send it by post as they do not have senior case workers..what is over 90 have to be approved by SEO or grade 7 and he asked what about over 180 she answered that is not a big problem...!!Sorry I can't proceed..with your case..
this >90 absence is a big issue now. if i knew i had never accept to take project. anyway recently i applied job which required Security Clearance
and when they find out that i was away for more than 90 days they refused to do security check. I told them i can provide police certificate of my country etc they said no they cant do ? so until next 3 years i cannot apply for SC jobs .

this is a big issue. let c people who already been outside for >90 days will get ?

I strongly advise if any one is planing to go more than 90 days please stop it as it will result in a lot of stress and pain and if you refused it will be more pain ...

I did mistake i dont want any one to do it .... after 5 years whole world is open for you so just wait.....

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:24 pm

fahadz1 wrote:.. anyway recently i applied job which required Security Clearance
and when they find out that i was away for more than 90 days they refused to do security check. I told them i can provide police certificate of my country etc they said no they cant do ? so until next 3 years i cannot apply for SC jobs ..
What is the problem for them your>90 abscence?Did they check your passport?
wrote: I did mistake i dont want any one to do it .... after 5 years whole world is open for you so just wait.....
or closed....no body knows what will happened in the next day..,

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 pm

What is the problem for them your>90 abscence?Did they check your passport?

[quote=]
I did mistake i dont want any one to do it .... after 5 years whole world is open for you so just wait.....[/quote]

or closed....no body knows what will happened in the next day..,[/quote]

you have to fill the form and let them know if you are out more than 3 months.

i mean to say bear for 5 years dont go out after that you can do what you like.
visa is becomming hassel these days even you quialify every one is scared

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:01 pm

fahadz1 wrote: anyway recently i applied job which required Security Clearance
and when they find out that i was away for more than 90 days they refused to do security check. I told them i can provide police certificate of my country etc they said no they cant do ? so until next 3 years i cannot apply for SC jobs .
What is the problem for them your>90 absence..Did they check your passport?
I strongly advise if any one is planing to go more than 90 days please stop it as it will result in a lot of stress and pain and if you refused it will be more pain ...
I did mistake i dont want any one to do it.
respect your compassion...HO must think like you...
.... after 5 years whole world is open for you so just wait.....
or closed.... no body knows what will hapened in the next day,immigration rules become worse and worse, climate is changing,WW3,2012?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:44 pm

ramay wrote:
fahadz1 wrote: anyway recently i applied job which required Security Clearance
What is the problem for them your>90 absence..Did they check your passport?
I did mistake i dont want any one to do it.
respect your compassion...HO must think like you...
.... after 5 years whole world is open for you so just wait.....
or closed.... no body knows what will hapened in the next day,immigration rules become worse and worse, climate is changing,WW3,2012?
there is some UK law i think which states that >90 days a person will no longer be a continued resident that what i think.

what u mean '
respect your compassion...HO must think like you...'

i know abt rules thats y i'm saying dont break rules at any cost other wise u will feel the pain which i'm feeling in this economic climate.

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:40 pm

fahadz1 wrote: what u mean '
respect your compassion...HO must think like you...'

i know abt rules thats y i'm saying dont break rules at any cost other wise u will feel the pain which i'm feeling in this economic climate.
I mean those people in HO have no compassion..they do not feel your pain
I mean that 90 day rule they should introduce for newcomers not for those who already here..for 2-5 years,
there is some UK law i think which states that >90 days a person will no longer be a continued resident that what i think.
Could you send me a link please.I asked several times on the forum with no result

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:41 pm

which link you want ?

this 90 day rule is from couple of years my dear.... even when i was going outside i knew that but i thought it will not be a big problem. but it has become a key point for CW to refuse application.

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:57 pm

another bad news that if they reset your clock duo to over 90 absence and you in tier 2 category that means you can not extend your visa more than 6 years in total.
Goodbye ILR..
After there is a colling of period outside of country for 1 year and only than you can get an entry clearance. So ,a new story begins....
Last edited by ramay on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:01 pm

fahadz1 wrote:which link you want ?
about a law which states that >90 days resets the ILR clock