ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizen bring non EU family into UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jca142
Newly Registered

UK Citizen bring non EU family into UK

Post by jca142 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi,
I am living and working in Belgium at present. I am a British Citizen, my wife is Ukrainian and we have residence rights for her mum as well. We all hold Belgian residence papers etc. I am being transferred back to the UK for my job and understand that we will need to apply for a EEA FP visa so that my family can move with me. My wife has had several EEA visas in the past for visits etc so there is no problem there. My question is once we have applied and are granted with EEA FP's and we move to the UK to live and the six months of the EEA FP comes to an end, we would need to apply for residence cards for my wife and her mum. Would we also need to take out CSI (private medical insurance) for my wife and her mum as well? Or is this not needed as I would be working full time and subject to UK tax and NI?
Any other advice would be very welcome!
Thanks so much!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 pm

It's better if you can post questions in one thread rather than starting another. Returning BCs don't need to be exercising treaty rights in the UK.