ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for minor with Juvenile Caution

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abz120
Newly Registered

ILR for minor with Juvenile Caution

Post by abz120 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Hello,
Distressing times, and turning to the experts here for some help. I have PEO appointment in sometime soon for my 16 year old son along with other dependents.
While every thing was going smoothly my 16 year old hit one of his class mates last week who happened to file a case against him. He was taken into custody and was left on bail, however there is not going to be a conviction or a court case. He will be given a juvenile caution by the police. Even though this is verbally agreed, he will only get a formal written caution on the evening of PEO appointment. After much digging around I understand that the confirmation of caution will be in the system before the PEO appointment but he will only receive a written confirmation on the evening after the PEO appointment. The Timing has become so crucial that I am not sure what do with his application referring to SET(O) in regard to 7.1 and 7.2

7.1 Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against you?

7.2 Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court?

The youth Offender officer who came around to talk to my son said both of those has to be a "No" as this is not a conviction and the case is not tried in court.
I am still worried as of whether I will be withholding information from the home office if I don't disclose the information. Please note that the information of his case will be in the national police database for sometime.

What are the experts take on this.
Option1:
Should I write in a covering letter stating he has received a Juvenile Caution. The issue is here is, I have no supporting evidence as the written confirmation has still not been handed to him. In case the case worker check on their system they should be able to see the outcome of the case.

Option2:
Do not mention any thing as the form only ask for convictions.

Any help appreciated.
Also please advice whether the main Applicant (Father), Mother, elder brother's application will have any impact due to this.

Yet another drastic step is not to apply for the minor, until the written caution is handed to him which I really don't want to do.

I am writing here disclosing more than what I had initially intended, just so that any one else in such distressing times can find some sort of help here.

Just when you think life is getting along well, a knock on the door can turn your world upside down.