ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skype call history

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BigEasy

Skype call history

Post by BigEasy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:24 am

Hello everyone,

From what I can see it's not possible to print/export/view any kind of call log from Skype unless the call is made using Skype credit, meaning the free video calls don't get logged.

Can anyone confirm if this is true and, even better, if it is not true what the method is for getting at the data.

I've seen a few posts on here talking about using Skype history but it seems to me that the only thing I can print is the instant messaging.

Many thanks,
Scott.

m3y

Post by m3y » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:21 pm

As far as I'm aware the best way to do it is to take screen shots of your history which is available if you click on the contacts name in Skype. Then just paste these into word.

LadySSSS

Post by LadySSSS » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:24 pm

You should be able to show calls history together with instant msgs. They are in same history. Just do print screen, copy paste and print them all together, and let them read if they wish. The more evidence like this, the better... If you have mobile phone texts you may submit those as well. I exported that and submitted.

fox2005eng

Re: Skype call history

Post by fox2005eng » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:08 pm

BigEasy wrote:Hello everyone,

From what I can see it's not possible to print/export/view any kind of call log from Skype unless the call is made using Skype credit, meaning the free video calls don't get logged.

Can anyone confirm if this is true and, even better, if it is not true what the method is for getting at the data.

I've seen a few posts on here talking about using Skype history but it seems to me that the only thing I can print is the instant messaging.

Many thanks,
Scott.
try skypr for skype log program

search for it in google it is free

good luck

Bye
"Fiancé Visa"
Applied in Cairo, Egypt. 1st March 2012
(Granted) Visa Stamped 02/05/2012
"Spouse Visa"
Applied in Person, Cardiff, UK. 30/08/2012.
(Granted). 30/08/2012
Alhamdolelah :)

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:54 pm

fox2005eng wrote:

Many thanks,
Scott.

good luck

Bye
hi i was also thinking of using one of these programs to print off skype print screens. But what put me off is the format it might display the call history in may not be familiar to what the ECO is used to seeing.

do most people just do print screens? and is this the norm? or is there another way

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Print screen is the popular way

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

AcrossBorders wrote:Print screen is the popular way
did you incude the windows bar at the bottom or did you not include the windows bar at the bottom off your print screens

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:26 pm

what about for emails

do include just a list of emails sent and recieved or should i include some actual emails aswell

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm

best is screen shots

i did same for skype and facebook
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

fox2005eng

Post by fox2005eng » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:53 pm

sakman wrote:
fox2005eng wrote:

Many thanks,
Scott.

good luck

Bye
hi i was also thinking of using one of these programs to print off skype print screens. But what put me off is the format it might display the call history in may not be familiar to what the ECO is used to seeing.

do most people just do print screens? and is this the norm? or is there another way
don't stress ur self, btw I have used the both ways

skyper and regular Screenshot (alt + PrtCsn) for activated screen or (PrtCsn) full screen print

good luck :)
"Fiancé Visa"
Applied in Cairo, Egypt. 1st March 2012
(Granted) Visa Stamped 02/05/2012
"Spouse Visa"
Applied in Person, Cardiff, UK. 30/08/2012.
(Granted). 30/08/2012
Alhamdolelah :)

sakman

Post by sakman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 pm

whats better though

regular Screenshot (alt + PrtCsn) for activated screen or (PrtCsn) full screen print

Katsuri
Newly Registered

Post by Katsuri » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:51 am

how this can be possible? i am not going to submit any of these...my wife does not want;she told me i don';t want anyone to read our conversations and she is absolutely right!

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:24 am

ALT+ PRTSC

saves ur time
sakman wrote:whats better though

regular Screenshot (alt + PrtCsn) for activated screen or (PrtCsn) full screen print

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am

Hi ,

I had my visa accepted and i provided

all skype to skype (FREE) call history- using a program called skype export, this exports it to Excel and gives time spoken dates etc.

I also screen printed our chat history for the start/middle/end of each month (bit un realistic to give them every days worth because it would be so much to print)

:)

LadySSSS

Post by LadySSSS » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:41 am

Katsuri wrote:how this can be possible? i am not going to submit any of these...my wife does not want;she told me i don';t want anyone to read our conversations and she is absolutely right!
She may be right, but you still need to submit evidence of genuine relationship. So it is absolutely up to you what you are gonna share with UKBA and what not. I was rejected spouse visa on this basis, and i advice everybody to not hesitate to share their privacy, if that can help.

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 am

To be honest i was not comfortable either, but it was either show them we communicated every day or put doubts into there head that we didn't communicate, at the end of the day they are just doing there job so If i were you i would supply them the info !

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Hakim1984 wrote:To be honest i was not comfortable either, but it was either show them we communicated every day or put doubts into there head that we didn't communicate, at the end of the day they are just doing there job so If i were you i would supply them the info !
I agree - I'm not particularly keen on sharing my bank statements with them but them's the rules, and it's not worth jeopardising the application over a reluctance to share information, however personal.

They need to tick boxes so it seems foolish to deny them one.