ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residency Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

10 year long residency Query

Post by Addicted zoo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Dear All,

I will be eligible to apply under 10 year long residency in two month. I have few misunderstandings - it would be great if anyone can help me out.

I first entered U.K in June 2002 on tourist visa which was valid till 2007. On 3rd December 2002 I returned to my country before my 180 days in the U.K

On 5th January 2003 I entered in the U.K on a student visa. Since then I have been extending my student visa in the U.K and now I am currently on PSW.

1) Does my stay on tourist visa count towards 10 year long residency?

2) Secondly can I apply for 10 year Ilr at PEO?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:34 am

1. Yes.
2. No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: 10 year long residency Query

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 am

Addicted zoo wrote:Dear All,

I will be eligible to apply under 10 year long residency in two month. I have few misunderstandings - it would be great if anyone can help me out.

I first entered U.K in June 2002 on tourist visa which was valid till 2007. On 3rd December 2002 I returned to my country before my 180 days in the U.K

On 5th January 2003 I entered in the U.K on a student visa. Since then I have been extending my student visa in the U.K and now I am currently on PSW.

1) Does my stay on tourist visa count towards 10 year long residency?

2) Secondly can I apply for 10 year Ilr at PEO?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Hi Mate!

Did you made a mistake, saying that you came here on a tourist visa, lasting 5 years????? (2002-2007)
All for one, one for all..... Peace

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Addicted zoo wrote:Hi,

Could someone guide me please. I have completed my 10 years in the U.K and will be making the application soon.

I just need help with one thing. Twice my passport was not stamped by UK border agency when I entered UK after spending sometime abroad.

So I am showing the return stamp of the departure country. Will that be a problem for me or make the case complex? Will the UKBA trust me that I returned to the UK?
Smam wrote:Hi

To the best of my knowledge it shouldn't be a problem for you at all.

Good luck for your ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Addicted zoo wrote:Hi,

Sorry folks I am bothering you once again. I am applying for ILR under 10 year category. I was going to send my application tomorrow but a friend lawyer has confused me - when I discussed my case with him. I am applying on my own.

I entered UK on 11/06/2002 on tourist visa stayed here till 05/12/2002. Went back to my country got student and entered UK again on 11/01/2003. Since then I have been extending my student visa in the UK.

So my friend lawyer says my stay on tourist visa would not count towards my 10 year long residency application!!

Please could any one confirm this and be 100% sure about it. My application is ready to be sent and I don't want UKBA to send it back to me saying visitor visa is not included in lawful residence etc.

Thank you for the help in advance. If it wasn't you guys I'd have to pay 800£ to a solicitor for the advice you people have given.

Bless you all.

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

Tourist Visa Confusion in 10 year Long Residency

Post by Addicted zoo » Wed May 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi,

Sorry folks I am bothering you once again. I am applying for ILR under 10 year category. I was going to send my application tomorrow but a friend lawyer has confused me - when I discussed my case with him. I am applying on my own.

I entered UK on 11/06/2002 on tourist visa stayed here till 05/12/2002. Went back to my country got student and entered UK again on 11/01/2003. Since then I have been extending my student visa in the UK.

So my friend lawyer says my stay on tourist visa would not count towards my 10 year long residency application!!

Please could any one confirm this and be 100% sure about it. My application is ready to be sent and I don't want UKBA to send it back to me saying visitor visa is not included in lawful residence etc.

Thank you for the help in advance. If it wasn't you guys I'd have to pay 800£ to a solicitor for the advice you people have given.

Bless you all.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 30, 2012 1:59 pm

See also 1.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Thu May 31, 2012 2:41 am

tinaysf
Newly Registered

ILR 10 years completion with last visa extension refusal

Post by tinaysf » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi,

I have completed 10 years in UK I had no invalid application, no absent from Uk past 10 years but The last visa ext has been refused and it went on to appeal. While on appeal I have completed 10 years. I have also made 10 years long residency application set(O) as directed the immigration judge in appeal hearing.

Is there any chance of success of getting ILR? Is any similar case to mine has been successful?