ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tourist Visa for Fiancee.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmitKPonda
Newly Registered

UK Tourist Visa for Fiancee.

Post by AmitKPonda » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi,

I have applied for UK tourist Visa from Chennai for my Fiancee. I have provided all necessary document as we both are from IT company.

I have not submitted any proof (except bank statement showing money transfer) that she is my Fiancee and on our relationship .

Can you please let me know if there will be any issues in processing this Visa? Today is 6th day and status is displayed as "Visa Application is under process at British Hign Commission".

Can you please let me know if we can re-apply for tourist visa?

Any info on this will be of great help.

Thank You.
Amit.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Generally, if one tourist visa is declined you can always make a second application, if there is no grant of appeal.

I hope the wait will be worth it, if you know what I mean... :D
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

AmitKPonda
Newly Registered

Post by AmitKPonda » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Can you please let me know if there are any rejections due to non availability of relationship proof for Tourist Visa?

Will it be possible for you to also let me know how many days will it take to update final status?

Thank you.
Amit.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:14 am

You have not said what your status is in the UK .
If the visit is seen as a genuine visit then there should be no reason to refuse it but if they do you can reapply .
Check the website to see the average processing time . I expect this is the busy season now so may be a little patience is required
pennyless

AmitKPonda
Newly Registered

Post by AmitKPonda » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:23 am

Hi,

I am working in Tier 2 visa since past 9 months and is valid until June 12. We both will return back to India after this period.

Thank you very much for your responses.

Amit.

AmitKPonda
Newly Registered

Post by AmitKPonda » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi,

Tourist Visa for my Fiancee got rejected on basis that "Fiancee's accomodation details not provided".

I am currently living with at my friend's place who is Owner of that property. In my personal sponsorship letter i have mentioned that she will stay at my friend's place.

We both work in an IT company and have no intention to immigrate to UK.

Could anyone please goude me as to what should i do to remove this Rejected flag from her passport? Should I re-apply with all additional documents? Should I consult any immigration Lawyer for this?

Any information on this will be of great help.

Thank You.
Amit.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:08 pm

AmitKPonda wrote:Hi,

Tourist Visa for my Fiancee got rejected on basis that "Fiancees accommodation details not provided".

I am currently living with at my friend's place who is Owner of that property. In my personal sponsorship letter i have mentioned that she will stay at my friend's place.

We both work in an IT company and have no intention to immigrate to UK.

Could anyone please guide me as to what should i do to remove this Rejected flag from her passport? Should I re-apply with all additional documents? Should I consult any immigration Lawyer for this?

Any information on this will be of great help.

Thank You.
Amit.
You can not remove the refusal stamp from passport once it is written/stamped in it.

You can both appeal or make a fresh application if you wish.

Your fiancee visa is rejected on teh basis that your accommodation is not considered "secured" as you have stated you are going to live with your "friends".

Living with one friends is not in teh eyes of the ECO considered secured as you have no legal entitlement if you your friend kicks you and your fiancee out of teh property.

Secured is only considered secured if you live with your parents or rent a property on a short hold tenancy agreement which gives you rights if you are unlawfully evicted.

You will need to rent another property for you both to live in, or changed the tenancy agreement onto your own name if its on your friends at the moment.

If you can do above, provide tenancy agreement with anew application for your fiancee,Don't bother appealing as that will be time consuming and expensive. Quicker to pay teh £100+ for new application

AmitKPonda
Newly Registered

Post by AmitKPonda » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:05 am

Hi,

Thank you very much for your valuable advice.

Could you please let me know if I re-apply with new application providing below documents would sufice?

I would like to inform that I have signed a Lodger Agreement with my friend. He will also provide me a supporting letter that he does not have any objection for both of us staying in the property. He will also furnish with supporting utility bills (Electricity and water).

Could you please also let me know if I need to provide any supporting document for prove my relationship? i.e. Photos or Engagement card? Willit make any issue if I do not have any?

Thank you again for your help.

Regards,
Amit.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:21 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmitKPonda
Newly Registered

Post by AmitKPonda » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:27 am

Hi,

Could anyone please clarify few doubts?

1. I am living in an Owner occupied house with Lodger Agreement. I have stated in my personal sponsorship letter that my fiancee will be staying with me. I also have NOC letter from Owner that my fiancee can stay in his house with utility bills.

Could anyone please let me know if below House Act 1985 will cause any issue in my case?

If two children of ten years of age or older, of the opposite sex have to sleep in the same room, then the accommodation will be classed as overcrowded.

2. I will also be providing some of my Investment proofs in India. These investment proofs are in Joint name (Me and Mother). Do i need to provide a NOC letter from my Mother.

Thank You very much in advance for your help.

Amit.