ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Glasgow 30/03/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aanu23
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Glasgow 30/03/2012

Post by aanu23 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 pm

I Got my ILR on 30th March 2012 from Glasgow at the PEO. My route to ILR was work permit + Tier2 ICT.

I had an appointment at 9 AM and we reached Glasgow office at 8:30 AM. I was called at 9 AM at the window and ran into trouble as my employment letter din't includes SOC Code and Salary and I was told that the application can be rejected on this. Though I had requested my HR to put these things in employment letter, HR was adamant that the Information provided on the letter was sufficient. I tried to convince the officer that the details are there in the Sponsorship certificate and salary lips and I was asked to wait for 5 minutes. After an agonising wait for 7-8 minutes, I was called again and told that my application will be moving to next stage and payment will be taken in next 5 minutes.

At around 9:40 AM, we were called for biometrics that took around 10-15 minutes.

At 10:20 AM, I was called at the counter and told that the ILR has been approved and we should receive BRPs in 3-5 working days.

It was such a relief after the initial scare. In all it just took 1 hour and 20 minutes for me, which was surprising for me as I was expecting it to go on for at least 3-4 hours.

Documentation given: `

Employer Letter
3 months pay slips
3 months bank statement
1 P60 for last year
COS and Work Permits covering all 5 years

Co-habitation for 2 years:
3 council tax letters (had name of both of us)
6 month bank statement (joint account)
Driving licence (letter counterpart) for my wife
Government gateway letter for my wife

+ Few more letters having for me and my wife, but they were returned by the case worked in first 5 minutes.

I was carrying photocopies of all the documents and the case worked did not take those.

Hopefully we should receive the BRPs by end of the week and then move on the MN1.

PS:
Anyone going by ICT or WP route must ensure that the employment letter must include the SOC Code and Salary in the letter else you could be in trouble.

double_trouble
Newly Registered

Post by double_trouble » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 am

hi,
Congratulations. how would you rate friendlyness of the staff? were they helpfull / arrogant?

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:05 am

Congrats! This is the first instance I have known, where UKBA have used their discretion with respect to the employment letter.

Are you able to post your employment letter?

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success at Glasgow 30/03/2012

Post by rubina20102010 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:17 am

aanu23 wrote:I Got my ILR on 30th March 2012 from Glasgow at the PEO. My route to ILR was work permit + Tier2 ICT.

I had an appointment at 9 AM and we reached Glasgow office at 8:30 AM. I was called at 9 AM at the window and ran into trouble as my employment letter din't includes SOC Code and Salary and I was told that the application can be rejected on this. Though I had requested my HR to put these things in employment letter, HR was adamant that the Information provided on the letter was sufficient. I tried to convince the officer that the details are there in the Sponsorship certificate and salary lips and I was asked to wait for 5 minutes. After an agonising wait for 7-8 minutes, I was called again and told that my application will be moving to next stage and payment will be taken in next 5 minutes.

At around 9:40 AM, we were called for biometrics that took around 10-15 minutes.

At 10:20 AM, I was called at the counter and told that the ILR has been approved and we should receive BRPs in 3-5 working days.

It was such a relief after the initial scare. In all it just took 1 hour and 20 minutes for me, which was surprising for me as I was expecting it to go on for at least 3-4 hours.

Documentation given: `

Employer Letter
3 months pay slips
3 months bank statement
1 P60 for last year
COS and Work Permits covering all 5 years

Co-habitation for 2 years:
3 council tax letters (had name of both of us)
6 month bank statement (joint account)
Driving licence (letter counterpart) for my wife
Government gateway letter for my wife

+ Few more letters having for me and my wife, but they were returned by the case worked in first 5 minutes.

I was carrying photocopies of all the documents and the case worked did not take those.

Hopefully we should receive the BRPs by end of the week and then move on the MN1.

PS:
Anyone going by ICT or WP route must ensure that the employment letter must include the SOC Code and Salary in the letter else you could be in trouble.

Hi anna,

Congr8 on your visa, could you please let me know what is this document ?

Government gateway letter ??

Rubi

aanu23
Newly Registered

Post by aanu23 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks Guys.

The staff in Glasgow is very friendly and I did not face any kind of rudeness or any issues.

My letter simply said that I am working in the role of JOB_TITLE since my UK start date. The company still require me to fulfill the role of JOB_TITLE and I am being paid at a rate above the SOC Code rate.

But the case worked initially objected to this as it did not mention the actual SOC Code and salary.

The government gateway letter is what you get if registered for services like driving license, HMRC services like self assessment online. It is basically a registration letter, but can be used a co-habitation proof as it has your address and it is an official letter.