ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attention: Affectees of the New Points System (in UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahzad40
Newly Registered

Attention: Affectees of the New Points System (in UK)

Post by shahzad40 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:15 pm

Well, most of us are affected in one way or the other with the introduction of the new system. Our slogan should be simple.

"New HSMP rules ONLY for new HSMP applicants"

Thats how the new and the previous HSMP will all be protected.

UK is a demoratic country, where people raise their voices, they are heard and proper actions are taken. BUT, for that to happen we must channelize our voices in the proper direction. We have choices, MPs, Ministers, Media, Demonstration to name a few.

Instead of telling our stories and agreeing with each other on this board, we must join in for some positive action.

First of all we need the exact number of people who are affected and are willing to join in for an ACTION.

In order to do that let me take this opportunity for an action point which is that we create a simple form with the following information.

Name:
Email Address:

By filling in these details we will know how much strength we have so that we can take ACTION.
I am not an IT expert so we need some IT volunteer to create a database, a simple web that shows the number of affectees. If our number gets into 3 figures, I am hopeful that we can get our slogan through for once and all, otherwise these new rules will haunt the new and old applicants in years to come.

Once we have a 3 digit number, we can discuss our next step on this forum and trust me together we can make things happen.

aqilzeeshan

Post by aqilzeeshan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:33 am

What about making the petition and signing it online

http://www.petitiononline.com/

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:20 am

Apart from the fact that Uk wants to edge out all non EU immigrants, because employers have been told to consider british and Eu first in employment I think HSMP should be given some respect.

My suggestion is this, since the policy is still at a general level and the working papers are being prepared for case workers now, we should bombard HO with letters bringing out the unfaithfulness and the unfairness in the policy particularly to those who belong to 1+3+1=5'

It might not be easy to get employer to apply for work permit for us

mathew
Newly Registered

Post by mathew » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:14 am

I actually think the changes are good. It has removed any discretion from the case workers, ie. you either have or have not earnt the money, are a certain age, have a degree etc. Before the case worker could reject the applicaiton because it was not "gradute level work experience." Lots of people who actually had graduate level experiene got rejected for this as their letter was not worded in the right way.

Also, people on a one year working holiday visa can only work in the uk for 1 year. The home office assessed your income over 1 year. So unless a person on a working holiday earnt more than27K in under 12 months (so can apply for HSMP while in the UK) they cannot claim points for this section. Also, teachers don't earn that much, so i think broadening the income category is a good thing.

I support the new changes, remove the discretion and make it more transparent.

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

ill justice for hsmp

Post by MUGHAL » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:42 am

hi,
i am also with 1+3+1 creteria for hsmp. i applied under my earnings and work experience only thats why there is no other option for me to turn up.
but i do not have any exact idea how we can challenge the decision in court that we people were told the different things when we migrated from our countries after selling out our deeds etc and now HO has changed every things although it is not the migrants problem if HO can not handle the migrants properly, It is only like as kidding that HO is changing the policies every night, HO should think that these are the policies and policies should not be changed over night that these can affect the hudreds of people's serious future planing.
as the western always rais slogans for the humen being rights .......it is out of thoghts man................

Vivid
Newly Registered

New Rule

Post by Vivid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:07 pm

The new rules indecate they dont need the right people. So far extenssion has been made mission impossible for HSMP condadiates (because I know most of HSMP people take years to adjust themselves both socially and economically, in UK. Additionally, HSMP people are not acceptable to local employers and they prefer work permit people to come around) .

If you guys get through extention process successfully, again u will be assessed at the time of applying for Indefinite stay.
Last edited by Vivid on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:43 pm

MUGHAL, I also belong to the 1+3+1=5 group, we alrade have a post in 1+3+1 extensions, please let us concentrate there and share experience and plan strategies.

Having said that Iam also put off by hearing some people saying the changes are good. Nobody is saying they are not good, but we are calling for consistenciy anf fairplay. Let the new changes apply to new applicants who will decide either to come or not but not to put those who have come in into confusion and jeopady.

We should bombard HO will letters this week to bring out the injustice, particularly to 1+3+1=5 group and that is if the changes apply to us.

Anyway I still have the opinion that the changes on extension have to do with initial/first extension..

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MUGHAL » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:22 pm

hi,
yes i am here, I cant believe how the peaople say that the changes are good specialy for extension of hsmp althouth in past they were suppose to show "hsmp holder is ecconomically strong" and now they have to go through tough criteria, The people who are happy how can they say that they go to ILR without any further changes,anyway my whole friends say that these changes are illegal and we should challenge this issue in court that HO has some promises with the people and now HO is kidding .............although this is matter of future for the people to settle down here after selling out their deeds etc.............ambitions......
it will also stop the new immigrants who shall think that HO can drive them away any time without any reason,HO can say to immigrants later that touch the SKY OTHERWISE you have not right to settle down in UK so they would not have safe future here although being so innocent........
Last edited by MUGHAL on Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vivid
Newly Registered

Post by Vivid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:29 pm

ATBPLC wrote:MUGHAL, I also belong to the 1+3+1=5 group, we alrade have a post in 1+3+1 extensions, please let us concentrate there and share experience and plan strategies.

Having said that Iam also put off by hearing some people saying the changes are good. Nobody is saying they are not good, but we are calling for consistenciy anf fairplay. Let the new changes apply to new applicants who will decide either to come or not but not to put those who have come in into confusion and jeopady.

We should bombard HO will letters this week to bring out the injustice, particularly to 1+3+1=5 group and that is if the changes apply to us.

Anyway I still have the opinion that the changes on extension have to do with initial/first extension..
Some previous promises can still be found on some official website: http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/Skilled%20Migrant.pdf

"24.10 Q: I have already applied successfully under HSMP. How does the revised HSMP affect me?
A: Not at all. It is important to note that once you have entered under the programme you are in a category that has an avenue to settlement. Those who have already entered under HSMP will be allowed to stay and apply for settlement after four years qualifying residence regardless of these revisions to HSMP"...

ATBPLC

Post by ATBPLC » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:30 pm

Yes Mughal,
Please look for the 1+3+1 extension post and put your comment there.

fosho

Post by fosho » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:14 pm

shahzad40
Newly Registered

Post by shahzad40 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:35 pm

Can u send us a link from where you pasted this useful information

fosho

Post by fosho » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:47 pm

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/a ... ummary.pdf
P4

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rging.html

Notes to Editors:

1. The consultation document is available on the Immigration and Nationality website.

2. The consultation will last eight weeks and ends on 22 December 2006.

Edelweiss

Don't understand

Post by Edelweiss » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:05 pm

Sorry, maybe I am a bit slow. I don't understand - have the new rules been implimented or not? How can there be a consulation period if the HO website says that they are starting to use the new system on 5 December?

I am also in the 1+3+1 group and also think that we should collectively voice our issues as one voice is easy to ignore. I really want to know how they can justify giving some people 1+4 and others 1+3. In my case the timing was out by just two months. :(

Edelweiss

Also need to look at

Post by Edelweiss » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:19 pm

The other issue that no-one seems to be raising is that, if you look at the new rules for initial application and for extension, there is a big problem. In my case (I don't get points for age and only have a B. degree), I would need to earn the equivalent of £12,500 to initially qualify for the HSMP visa, but in order to get an extension, I would need £35,000.

Now salaries in South Africa are lower than those in the UK, but not by that much. If I were from Nigeria I would need to earn £3,500 initially.

So are they encouraging people to come to the UK as migrants or as Highly Skilled Working Holiday Makers?

fosho

Post by fosho » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:30 pm

yes we should collectively voice our issues as one voice

Vivid
Newly Registered

Re: Also need to look at

Post by Vivid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:57 pm

Edelweiss wrote:The other issue that no-one seems to be raising is that, if you look at the new rules for initial application and for extension, there is a big problem. In my case (I don't get points for age and only have a B. degree), I would need to earn the equivalent of £12,500 to initially qualify for the HSMP visa, but in order to get an extension, I would need £35,000.

Now salaries in South Africa are lower than those in the UK, but not by that much. If I were from Nigeria I would need to earn £3,500 initially.

So are they encouraging people to come to the UK as migrants or as Highly Skilled Working Holiday Makers?

yes I agree.

It is the new system for Highly Skilled Working Holiday Makers for 1 year :D

Vivid
Newly Registered

Post by Vivid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:56 pm

Dear All

we start to form a urgent group of all those who are affected by these changes.

Then we all have to seek legal assistance.

please Join the goup

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HSMP2006/

HSMP2006@yahoogroups.com

Thanks

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MUGHAL » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:33 pm

DEAR ALL
if u are affected with the new rules for hsmp immigration rules amendments then
http://www.writetothem.com/?keyword=loc ... EQod0hw0AQ
use the web site and advertise it next to you.
regards.
mughal

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Attention: Affectees of the New Points System (in UK)

Post by MUGHAL » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:35 pm

dear all
if u are affected with new rules for hsmp then open the web site below.
http://www.writetothem.com/?keyword=loc ... EQod0hw0AQ

fosho

Post by fosho » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:01 am

you need to see the end of this page
http://www.vbsi.org.uk/index.php?page=f ... nts_system

mathew
Newly Registered

Post by mathew » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:33 am

I wonder if anyone has checked the new age criteria for compliance against the Age Discrimination Act 2006.... sure seems discriminatory to me!

shahzad40
Newly Registered

Info

Post by shahzad40 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:28 am

Dear All,
I spoke to HO in the morning and shared with them my individual case and the responded mentioned that so far the rules are not really very clear and that i must wait till 1st week of dec when the rules are more defined.
My suggestion is to email or call the HO so that they are aware of the problem people are facing and they might show some flexibility in defining the rules. Email your case to:

pointsbased.comments@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

or call HSMP help line on 0114 207 4074.

Please be heard!!!

fosho

Post by fosho » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:18 pm

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Don't understand

Post by MUGHAL » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:04 pm

please i have recently come to know many of the hsmp holders got ILR after spending here only 4 years with the assistance of barristors/solicitors so we should get the persons who have got ILR and apply for ILR for ourselves or with the help of BARRISTORS/SOLICITORS.

REGARDS.
MUGHAL