ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

henna786

Post by henna786 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Kingto be have u heard anything yet? thought I ask u cuz ur one day ahead of me lol:)
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm

henna786 wrote:Kingto be have u heard anything yet? thought I ask u cuz ur one day ahead of me lol:)
I'm one day behind you actually. So you should in theory be getting a response 1 day before me. However it doesn't work like that.

So far of all the comments Navie99 seem to be the ones spot on, they deal with things in a batch. When they've dealt with them, they'll send them all back together. I personally think that's a ****ed up way of doing things because each applicant pays £830+ and the question then asked is, why charge so much and not deal with them independently all the way through.

Oh well, sh*t happens.

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:28 pm

all we can do is wait :(
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

henna786

Post by henna786 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm

king2be98 wrote:
henna786 wrote:Kingto be have u heard anything yet? thought I ask u cuz ur one day ahead of me lol:)
I'm one day behind you actually. So you should in theory be getting a response 1 day before me. However it doesn't work like that.

So far of all the comments Navie99 seem to be the ones spot on, they deal with things in a batch. When they've dealt with them, they'll send them all back together. I personally think that's a ****ed up way of doing things because each applicant pays £830+ and the question then asked is, why charge so much and not deal with them independently all the way through.

Oh well, sh*t happens.
oops was meant to say one day behind me lol, ok though it depends on the month batches for example dec batches and jan batches, ok thanx :)
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Salaam all,,

Can i ask, im submitting files in by next week in Lahore..
My wifes pakistani ID card is in Urdu, will this be a problem? or does she need to get an english one made?

Thanks

innocentangel
Newly Registered

sal5UK

Post by innocentangel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:09 pm

HI Sal5UK. Urdu NADCA ID card should not be a problem but tell your wife to take the ID card to someone who can attest it in english for her.

There are translators/attestors sitting near the main court in lahore.

This is done quite cheap.

If she is unsure let me know and i will give you my husbands number in Pakistan who can guide you where she can get the Copy of the ID card attested in english for her. Which does not cost much.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Sal5UK wrote:Salaam all,,

My wifes pakistani ID card is in Urdu, will this be a problem? or does she need to get an english one made?

Thanks

the embassy doesnt need nadra ID gerrys does so no need for translation...
visa-grante:25.10.12

Sal5UK

Re: sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:30 pm

innocentangel wrote:HI Sal5UK. Urdu NADCA ID card should not be a problem but tell your wife to take the ID card to someone who can attest it in english for her.

There are translators/attestors sitting near the main court in lahore.

This is done quite cheap.

If she is unsure let me know and i will give you my husbands number in Pakistan who can guide you where she can get the Copy of the ID card attested in english for her. Which does not cost much.
Thanks ia...
Yes i will get her to get that done, if there are any problems i shall let you know.
Thankyou for the help, appreciated.
In the mean time if i can get her to make an English one that that would be better i guess.

Can any solicitor in pakistan attest the documents or do i need to goto Ministry of foreign affairs?

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm

syma wrote:
Sal5UK wrote:Salaam all,,

Thanks

the embassy doesnt need nadra ID gerrys does so no need for translation...
Thankyou Syma, appreciated, i guess i wont bother then as it would save time...

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 pm

thankyou henna..:)

buggymuj
Newly Registered

to every1 an any1

Post by buggymuj » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:43 pm

slmz ppl,
wife got her appeal overturned in court today allhamdulliah, it took only 2mins for the judge to say im allowing this appeal...anyways just wanted to ask that when my wife does get call to submit passport, what else documents are required if any....and also does any1 know of fast and easy way to get TB certificate made in lahore? because someone said that the lines are busy so email is maybe the best way forward but i dont have any email address for them, does any1 have it please...
thanks ppl

blumango

Post by blumango » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:14 pm

when you submit the application online (new requirement from this friday) do you pay the visa fee online or in person?

Sal5UK

Post by Sal5UK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:10 pm

blumango wrote:when you submit the application online (new requirement from this friday) do you pay the visa fee online or in person?
Damn,, havent heard of this... Could you direct me on how to submit online?
Another stress factor added to the mix..

Sal5UK

Re: New rules

Post by Sal5UK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Shatif wrote:I'm just thinking this new rule having earnings more than 27500 or wot ever it is, this can't be fair r they trying to say people who earn less than that r not entitled to married life with a partner from abroad, it's everybody's human right to get married and live a life with their partner, can somebody share their opinion on this pls
When is this rule coming into affect?

shade00
Member of Standing

Re: the reason fr 27k

Post by shade00 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 pm

blumango wrote:
Confucius wrote:I have seen it around me so so so many times where couples get married, get their visa and then either the sponsor or the spouse from Pakistan get down to claiming benefits, playing the system to get as much as they can monetary wise.

Those with a low wage are more likely to go on benefits, those on a wage higher than the national average will be less likely to claim from the government due to their "needs" making them unlikely to go on the dole to claim £60 a week r whatever the sum is at the moment

I appreciate the big problem here is for those who marry in their 20's and have had to spend all their money and finished degrees,, they do work hard and due to being on the bottom steps of the ladder in regards to salary, they are getting hard done by as they will probably not the reach the bracket for a few years , maybe in their mid 20's

I am all for it on the basis that it will make people work harder and when they do claim benefits they will have the same rights as any other person because they have earned it (quite literally)

I have friends who will be caught out by this but I think you if you really want something to happen you can and for those who really cannot the system should have exceptions for them
Dude, the loop hole here is that all the sponsor needs to do is get any temp sort of employment for 3 months and once visa application is submitted the sponsor reverts back to the reliance on the dole and spend the rest of the days watching cricket on tv.

What should be required minimum 2 years of pay slips with evidence of ni contributions. simple as that, this minimum salary nonsence will not stand in human right appeals.

Regards

Imran

Yeah that seems more of a logical way of sorting out the problem rather than making it completely difficult for genuine couples.

If they do increase the salary segment then surely it won't last long.
But it will limit the amount of people applying though. Same happened when the age requirement changed from 18 to 21 few years ago.
We got hit with that bigtime, had to wait a couple of years was going to apply anyway this year when wife was going to turn 21. When the laaw reverted all it did was shave off a month! :(
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

sakman

Post by sakman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 pm

salaam

anyone know the best and safest way to send documents to pakistan

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:36 pm

sakman wrote:salaam

Safest way is to take them yourself or give them to someone reliable who is going to pakistan.

Through post not to sure really.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

sakman

Post by sakman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 pm

shade00 wrote:

Safest way is to take them yourself or give them to someone reliable who is going to pakistan.

cant take them myself and cant give person reliable to take.

anyone else know best way to post doc's to pakistan

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:00 pm

sakman wrote:
shade00 wrote:

cant take them myself and cant give person reliable to take.

anyone else know best way to post doc's to pakistan
Check your PM bro
09/03/2012 Application Submitted - Mirpur
03/03/2012 Application Forwarded - Islamabad OC
23/03/2012 Application Forwarded - BHC For Process

Waiting: 68 working days

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 pm

I sent my document with FedEx and Dhl totally safe husband got documents within 48 working hours or if u trust somebody get them to take them if they r going pakistan

sakman

Post by sakman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Shatif wrote:

I sent my document with FedEx and Dhl totally safe husband got documents within 48 working hours or if u trust somebody get them to take them if they r going pakistan
thanks, how much did fed-ex or dhl cost?

zahra110
- thin ice -

Post by zahra110 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:39 pm

shamailaubaid wrote:i emailed abu dhabi embassy and they replied saying that they are not handling my husbands case but it is being handled by their collegues in pakistan!! so are all the settlement cases not processed in one place?
urs and mine have not moved to next stage
Application submitted at ISL: 27/01/12
under process at BHC: 09/02/12
READY FOR COLLECTION/VISA GRANTED: 25/04/12

MASHALLAH

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:39 pm

sakman wrote:
Shatif wrote:

thanks, how much did fed-ex or dhl cost?
Dhl cost me 34.00
FedEx 65.00

Both 1kg packets

FedEx picked the parcel up from location of my choice
Dhl I took parcel to whsmith

sakman

Post by sakman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

i was given quote for £50 for 1 kg parcel from dhl

i dont know why though

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:42 pm