ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXTREMELY URGENT: Passport return

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

EXTREMELY URGENT: Passport return

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:03 pm

I need to fly to Russia as soon as possible as my mother is in hospital with spinal cord complications. I called the INquiry line who issued postage instructions marked urgent for the return of the passport. That was done yesterday and today they confirmed that nothign shipped as of today.

Anything else (I also sent an email to the EU passport return requesting the same) I can do?! I will fax them as well, but is there anythign elseeeeEE?!

I am so on the edge and ready to snap at anything. Please advise, much appreciated

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 pm

EU1 application, main (sole) self-employed applicant, a request is for the EU passport return. Thank you

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:50 pm

so many views and not a single suggestion?

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 pm

there isn't much you can do I am afraid. Sorry to hear that you are in such situation, but there isn't much you can do apart from waiting for them to action.

Alternatively, you may want to call them again to express the urgency.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

I would suggest that if you have contacted the UKBA, have been issued instructions and followed them, then you need to wait. Multiple phone calls and emails may end up confusing the situation.

I sympathize and hope you are with your mother soon.

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:23 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I would suggest that if you have contacted the UKBA, have been issued instructions and followed them, then you need to wait. Multiple phone calls and emails may end up confusing the situation.

I sympathize and hope you are with your mother soon.
Hi EU Smile

ukba is at disarray - I have in total talked to 4 ppl in total - the first one just hung up, the second was sympathetic, promised to issue instructions asap, but did not do that - as the third person confirmed; the third person was very nasty (Ramona) but told me she issued instructions to ship and to call in the morning (today). Upon making this call I spoke to a guy (Markus) who eventually gave me the tracking number but told me that it is not on Royal Mail tracking system as yet.

I think they might need to outsource the entire sweatshop called UKBA alltogether...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

Have you received the passport yet?

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:02 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Have you received the passport yet?
Hi Directive

I have finally received it, but not without an Ukba chicken-up- they send the passport to my oldaddress ( which i specified in the form). I had to travel 150 miles return to collect itin time for travel.

I am considering a complaint both to solvit and ukba

PS they also issued mewit a certificate which is dated with a date3 weeks ago. No rationale for that as they are still well within the 6 months

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:13 am

Well I'm glad you got your passport back. I hope you were able to visit your mother.