ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Origin British citizen spouse visa requirement?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj_itengg
Newly Registered

Post by raj_itengg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi,

I am from India, got british nationality by staying on work permit, PR. I got married once from this country to a british citizen srilankan origin and got divorced. I have the divorce paper work with me. I am planning to get married to an indian girl where I am originally from. She is a graduate from Bangalore. I have my own house and rented it out who live on DSS. My bank statements, my work address and every other thing registered to the address where my tenant live. I am currently living with my friends. I am planning to sponsor my wife next day after my marriage in india. I don't have any proof of accommodation. I can get a lodger agreement(WH Smith) from my friend who is currently renting a 2 bed room apartment. I can produce my pay slip, bank statements, registered to my home address I own. But the accommodation is going to show a different address. Is it going to be a problem doing that way. If it is then whats an alternative to sort out this issue. What are the documents I need to submit and my wife need to submit. What is the processing time for the visa.

Thanks in Advance,

Apologies I have posted the same topic on other immigration forum.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi raj_itengg

Okay If I understand correctly, this is your situation:

- You own a house and rent it
- You pay the mortgage
- You have income coming in from your salary and rent from your home
- You are currently living with your friend without any agreement

--------------------------------

Okay

When you will submit your bank statements and payslips together with other evidence it will be clear that you have ties with the house. So its better to keep it clean and mention that you are renting the property.

Secondly, you can arrange a tenancy agreement to start when your wife comes to the UK (say a week after your marriage). You should get in writing from the landlord that he/she is happy for your wife to live with you at the house. Or better yet, make the tenancy agreement on both of you and your wife's name.

You would need to make sure that your income with be sufficient after paying your new rent, mortgage council tax etc. You will need to show that you have at least £106 per week available after all the expenses (excluding living costs i.e. food, clothes etc).

Just mke sure you clear these point in your covering letter to give ECO full details, avoiding any confusions that may proceed to refusal.

The current processing time is around 1 month to 3 months. My wife got her VISA in 30 working days.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Nice and efficient reply
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

raj_itengg
Newly Registered

Post by raj_itengg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

How about English requirement? My fiancee has completed her Bsc Computer science from Banglore University which is obviously taught in English, but she has studied tamil medium until +2, which means she has studied the subjects in english prior to her degree.

Does she still need to write the english language requirement exam.

If she dont what does she need to do to prove she has english knowledge.

What is ECO?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi raj_itengg

ECO = Entry Clearance Officer

You can use the Points Based Calculator to find out whether her degree course is accepted by the UKBA as equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Once the system confirms that her degree is acceptable, you can attach the report from the website (its a UKBA website) with your application to prove that her degree course meets the English language requirements.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

raj_itengg
Newly Registered

Post by raj_itengg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:47 pm

thank you for your help. You are so quick and informative. Much appreciated.