ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling abroad with the 'Certificate of Application'?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MabelBustillo
Newly Registered

Travelling abroad with the 'Certificate of Application'?

Post by MabelBustillo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi,

I hope someone can help please.

My husband sent his EEA4 application for a Permanet Card in February but he will need to travel to Spain at the beggining of June and need to know how he can do this.

He has called the Border Agency twice to check on the status of the application and the first time they told him that he could not use the 'Certificate of Application' to be able to re-enter in the UK as his 5 years Residence Card is now expired.

He called them again today and they told him that he can travel to Spain and re-enter in the UK with the 'Certificate of Application'.
He is Japanese, so he does not need a visa to enter to the UK or Spain if travelling as a tourist.

Does someone know whether he will be able to re-enter the UK with the Certificate of Application?

Thank you very much

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:37 pm

If he has got his passport, he can return to uk as long as you're in UK. Permanent residence is only a confirmation of his right derived from you.
[Moderator Edit]

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 pm

I suspect he will get the PR confirmation before his travel. Recent reports show it takes less than 2 months.

As a non visa national, he should have no problems board the aircraft and should be able to enter the UK with the CoA (and a short chat explaining his situation to the IO).

MabelBustillo
Newly Registered

Post by MabelBustillo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Thank you very much for your replies - I feel more positive now.

Do you think it will be a problem that I will not be in the UK when my husband returns to London? I am giving birth in Spain at the beginning of June so the plan is that my husbands travel to Spain for the birth and a couple of weeks and then come back to London.

I will stay in Spain for an extra 2 weeks so will not be in London when he re-enters in the UK, but my permanent place of residency is in London.

Thank you so much!

Mabel

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:12 pm

MabelBustillo wrote:Thank you very much for your replies - I feel more positive now.

Do you think it will be a problem that I will not be in the UK when my husband returns to London? I am giving birth in Spain at the beginning of June so the plan is that my husbands travel to Spain for the birth and a couple of weeks and then come back to London.

I will stay in Spain for an extra 2 weeks so will not be in London when he re-enters in the UK, but my permanent place of residency is in London.

Thank you so much!

Mabel
Firstly, congratulations and I hope everything goes well.

Your husband will be able to board a plane as he is a non-visa national. It also sounds like he has PR in the UK. He should have no problems entering the UK.

MabelBustillo
Newly Registered

Post by MabelBustillo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Thank you very much for your help guys!

It's good to know he will be able to leave and come back to London if his PR has not arrived by 1 June (the application was received at the HO on 14 Feb)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm

Note that this works for the OP's husband as he is not a visa national. If one needs a visa for the UK, it would be much more difficult.

I know most people would know this, but just in case someone misunderstands.