ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) success story ( one dependant) , useful info

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahroor
Newly Registered

SET (O) success story ( one dependant) , useful info

Post by shahroor » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:27 pm

First of all I would like to thank everyone here on this website which provides invaluable information and has helped me every time I made an application.

My application for settlement was based on 2 years HSMP starting 2007 and 3 years Tier 1. I included my wife in the application but not my 2 children because there were born in the UK and would know qualify for naturalisation having had my settlement. This would definitely save me money and hassle.

I booked an appointment at Sollihul PEO because I couldn't stand the wait for a postal application. Our visa was about to expire on 17 of April so we got our appointment on 28 March.

My documents were as below, there are some useful information here which ofcourse can be found on this website if you have time to search through

1- Up-to-date Application form for me and my wife.
My wife had 3 point on her licence for speeding so we included this under convictions and we provided the counterpart of her licence showing the endorsements. The caseworker asked if this was a penalty that we received through the post we answered yes and that was it.
reference:page 6, fixed penalty notice http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

2- Bank statements. The day before our appointment I realised that one of the statements was missing so I only included 11 bank statements which was enough to score the points we needed, in other words you dont need an exact 12 month you only need to score the point for a maximum of 12 month period.
my salary was paid to a different account to the one I use on a daily basis, so my bank statements only showed my salary entering the account and exiting the same day , balance usually is zero .... this confirms that you do not need to show any maintenance funds. I was not asked a single question about this .

reference: ( you cannot score points for your English language ability or your maintenance (funds) when you apply for settlement.) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nt/points/

3-payslips showing 11 moths hence i only had 11 bank statements.
She calculated my salary for the 11 months period and asked me if there was any expenses refunds, I said yes but I had already deducted these from my total. She carried on with her calculation and then checked my claimed total which was less than hers having not included my expenses claims.

4- I had P60s for the last 5 years but didnt have 2012 one, she asked for 2011 one.

5-Cohabitation documents, we had documents covering random dates like joint bank statements, Gp registrations, Tenancy agreement , Utility bills. These spanned back to 2007 but didnt cover the whole period month by month. Caseworker only selected a few.

6- 2 photographs each

7-my previous home office letters confirming HSMP and Tier 1 applications.

8- current and old passports.

9- life in the UK certificates

That was it , the whole process took less than 10 minutes she then asked me if I had photocopies of the documents I said no she replied ''ok I have to do it'' and advised me to go the cashier and pay the fees. When I came back she asked me to come back after 1.5 hours to collect my documents , I then asked her'' does that mean my application is successful'' she replied ''yes ofcourse , everything is fine''

After that we were called to have our biometric information registered.

2 hours later I had a call from the caseworker saying she need to have my passport to check something. I handed my passport to security and waited anxiously . 10 minutes later he handed back my passport and the original documents and congratulated me on my ILR. He advised me that we should receive our biometric residence permit card in 7-10 days.
Our police registrations state that we are now exempt from registering with the police but we could keep our certificates.

Today we have indeed received our cards which are valid for 10 years.
It states settlement , indefinite leave to remain, on the remarks sections its empty ie no restrictions

I am going now to apply for Naturalisation for my 2 children.

Hope this was helpful and if you have any queries feel free to ask.

Regards

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi Shahroor,

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on your great success on getting your ILR.

Thanks a lot for sharing your PEO exprience.

Good luck for your future.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Congrats shahroor and thanks for sharing your success story.

rangeel

Post by rangeel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Congratulation shahroor and thanks for your sharing.

could you please inform the documents about your UK born childs ? I mean, did you submit any documents (like birth certificate, etc...) along with your application ? Do we need to inform to CW and mention in any cover letter about our UK born childs ?

And, are all your P60s maintained the same earning amount in all 5 years ? coz I dont have equal annual salary in last 5 years but sufficiently maintained the last 12 months salary requirements.

any help would be great.

joh892

Post by joh892 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 am

Congratulations Shahroor. You have included very useful information in your post. Thanks for sharing.

barker

Post by barker » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 am

congratulations Shahroor!!!

You say that you had P60s for 5 years but she asked for the one for 2011. Did you sho her the others / did she ask for the others at all?

orbis2

Post by orbis2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:32 am

Congratulations... I am going to apply for ILR in 3 months time & we have 1 kid which was born in UK so I have the same question.

1. For the UK born childrens, do I need to mention her in the forms or in the cover letter ?
2. Do I need to tell to CW about UK born children which will be excluded or not mentioned on the forms?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 am

orbis2: I think you don’t need to include your UK born child in the form but you can mention in cover letter that ‘you intend to apply directly for citizenship for your child’.

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: SET (O) success story ( one dependant) , useful info

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:47 pm

one thing strange you have 3 dependents and your account maintenance was 0 ? case worker didnt say any thing where as previously for maintenance funds if you are 1 pound short of 3 months you will be refused .

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 pm

In the ILR you do not need to show the maintanance fund becuase its not Tier 1(G).

shahroor
Newly Registered

Post by shahroor » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:24 pm

re: Fahadz1 as mentioned in my post earlier you dont need any maintenance funds for ILR (follow my link above )

Re orbis 2
1-you dont need to mention them
2-you dont need to tell the cw because it has nothing to do with your application unless you have included them in your application for ILR

Re Barker
I had my p60s just incase and left them on the side , the CW spotted them next to me and asked if she could have the 2011 one, she didnt know how many I had and what years it covered. These are not usually required if you have payslips and bank statements showing your salary.so dont worry about them.

Re rangeel
I had birth certificates just incase but was not asked and didnt show them
I didnot mention anything about my children
My P60s had different earning and cw didnt see them all she only saw them when i was getting paysllips out of the folder and asked for 2011 one if I had it.
All what they are interested in is having enough salary to qualify for the points claimed in your application, whether you earned that amount in one month or 12 moths is irrelevant.

My strategy was not to mention or show anything unless asked for.
I had 2 folders one with the essential documents and one just incase documents , I only handed the cw what she asked for .
YOu dont need to give all your documents at once , the cw will ask you for the ones she needs one by one.

Good Luck all

barker

Post by barker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks shahroor

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:32 pm

thanks buddy for the info. my case is weak as >90 days so i'm keeping 1400 pounds for last 3 months for a good impression although its not required.
don't know which thing impress CW.

for the last one month post i can see they r becoming strict.

p60 is not required then why they ask ? even we r fulfilling the requirement still we are scared.

shahroor
Newly Registered

Post by shahroor » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:06 am

what did you mean by >90 days ?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:07 am

shahroor wrote:what did you mean by >90 days ?
absence > 90 days in a stretch