ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa regulations

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

random3s
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa regulations

Post by random3s » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi all,

I've previously posted on here, and the advice received was excellent, I'd like to follow up with a question regarding schengen visa regulations.

If a Ukrainian national was to obtain a Polish schengen visa, however travel on to a differing EU state, Germany in this case, is this allowed, or legal?

I had read somewhere, that a schengen visa can be issused for the either the first point of arrival in the EU, or the state where the majority of time is to be spent.

As it happened, from the Ukraine the flights to Germany are via Poland, warsaw, however the last time my Girlfriend travelled through there she was stopped and questioned why she had a Polish schengen visa, with a connecting flight to Germany, eventually she was allowed to pass, however not before alot of fuss was made about the issue.

Are there directives which cover this, which she could carry in future?

Thanks in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Schengen Visa regulations

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 pm

random3s wrote:Hi all,

I've previously posted on here, and the advice received was excellent, I'd like to follow up with a question regarding schengen visa regulations.

If a Ukrainian national was to obtain a Polish schengen visa, however travel on to a differing EU state, Germany in this case, is this allowed, or legal? Yes, this is fine.

I had read somewhere, that a schengen visa can be issused for the either the first point of arrival in the EU, or the state where the majority of time is to be spent. Pretty much correct (the main destination or point of entry if there is none).

As it happened, from the Ukraine the flights to Germany are via Poland, warsaw, however the last time my Girlfriend travelled through there she was stopped and questioned why she had a Polish schengen visa, with a connecting flight to Germany, eventually she was allowed to pass, however not before alot of fuss was made about the issue. How long ago was that?

Are there directives which cover this, which she could carry in future? There is a common visa policy.

Thanks in advance.
Comments above.

random3s
Newly Registered

Post by random3s » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:05 pm

thanks for your response.
the main destination or point of entry if there is none
I guess in this case, the main destination would be Germany, meaning that essentially a German shengen visa should be applied for, if she was holding a Polish Shengen, and it was clear to the boarder police that she aimed to travel via poland to Germany for a stay, would there be cause to refuse entry?
How long ago was that?
Around 6 weeks ago, At warsaw international airport.
There is a common visa policy
where can a copy of this be obtained?

Thanks again!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:20 pm

random3s wrote:thanks for your response.
the main destination or point of entry if there is none
I guess in this case, the main destination would be Germany, meaning that essentially a German shengen visa should be applied for, if she was holding a Polish Shengen, and it was clear to the boarder police that she aimed to travel via poland to Germany for a stay, would there be cause to refuse entry?
How long ago was that?
Around 6 weeks ago, At warsaw international airport.
There is a common visa policy
where can a copy of this be obtained?

Thanks again!
Yes Germany
I don't think this should have happened in Warsaw.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Start by reviewing here for common visa policy...

http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polici ... isa_en.htm