ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 6 - Permanent Residency after 8 Years - How to apply?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ITGuru
India

Stamp 6 - Permanent Residency after 8 Years - How to apply?

Post by ITGuru » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

I am not interested in taking Irish Citizenship. Now I heard about Stamp 6 which is stamped after 8 years residency in the state - giving permission to remain without condition as to time - i.e. indefinitely live and work in Ireland.

I would like to know how to apply for this. Any specific application form for this? What documents need to be submitted? Any website where I could get more info about this?

Tandor

Re: Stamp 6 - Permanent Residency after 8 Years - How to app

Post by Tandor » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm

ITGuru
India

Thanks Tandor

Post by ITGuru » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks Tandor...

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:47 pm

If you have the option to apply for citizenship then by all means do so.
The WCATT used to be used as a kind of security blanket for people who had not applied for citizenship or those who had and were in a kind of limbo.

You still get treated almost as a criminal coming through Dublin Airport sometimes.
With the Citizenship app timelines coming down now, i would suggest applying for Citizenship if you qualify for it and you should be approved by the end of the year.

That is, rather than the 2-6+ years some of us had to wait.

gnem
BANNED

Post by gnem » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Why couldn't the justice minister draft a bill granting leave to remain for any immigrant that has reside in Ireland for a period of 8years Indefinite leave to remain while waiting for their Naturalization applications ?

The better, why everywhere on immigrant for the rest of their life in ireland.

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:38 pm

gnem wrote:Why couldn't the justice minister draft a bill granting leave to remain for any immigrant that has reside in Ireland for a period of 8years Indefinite leave to remain while waiting for their Naturalization applications ?

The better, why everywhere on immigrant for the rest of their life in ireland.
Why, you ask?? Well, to prevent the next messed up idiot like Abu Hamza or yourself automatically gaining ILR without due diligence you moron.. I thought you studied law?

Must have been at the University of Shite.