ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET[M] success - Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hoftwi
Newly Registered

ILR SET[M] success - Sheffield PEO

Post by hoftwi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:06 pm

first of all, i have to thanks for everyone here who gave us a lot of advises.

long story cut short, the procedures were as following:

-appointment at 9:10am, arrived 8:45am.
-went through security check
-went to counter 7 to get my ticket and waited
-around 9:30 was called to a counter and the officer checked whether we got the sufficient documents, asked us to pay the fee
-their payment system was down, waited another half hour to finish off the payment
-10:45 was called to do the biometric, just too 2-3 mins to take a photo and fingerprints
-11:30 was told in the counted that i would get a decision in half hour
-12pm went back to the counter and the officer said a caseworker was working on my case but they were very busy so would take a bit longer to check, asked us to be back at 1:30pm and definitely would get a result
-1:45pm was back and asked the receptionist as the previous offical told us to, he handed the documents back to us and said i would get the biometric permit card within 7-10days

very straight forward and surprised that we didn't need to meet the caseworker at all.

a long wait though and the car parking costs us£10!!!

one thing i don't quite understand is, i arrived and got the ticket earlier than some other people but they were met by the officers first and i don't know how they arrange the orders.

anyway, done and dusted!! thanks all the advises again and good luck to everyone who is going to apply ILR.

Update: got my biometric permit card 2 days after the PEO.
Last edited by hoftwi on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uddinriaz

Re: ILR SET[M] success - Sheffield PEO

Post by uddinriaz » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:55 pm

hoftwi wrote:first of all, i have to thanks for everyone here who gave us a lot of advises.

-around 9:30 was called to a counter and the officer checked whether we got the sufficient documents, asked us to pay the fee
-their payment system was down, waited another half hour to finish off the payment
-10:45 was called to do the biometric, just too 2-3 mins to take a photo and fingerprints
-12pm went back to the counter and the officer said a caseworker was working on my case but they were very busy so would take a bit longer to check, asked us to be back at 1:30pm and definitely would get a result
-1:45pm was back and asked the receptionist as the previous offical told us to, he handed the documents back to us and said i would get the biometric permit card within 7-10days

very straight forward and surprised that we didn't need to meet the caseworker at all.

one thing i don't quite understand is, i arrived and got the ticket earlier than some other people but they were met by the officers first and i don't know how they arrange the orders.

anyway, done and dusted!! thanks all the advises again and good luck to everyone who is going to apply ILR.

Congratulation to you , could you tell me that how much funds did you show that and how long did you keep the money in your account reply will be appreciated

hoftwi
Newly Registered

Post by hoftwi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Congratulation to you , could you tell me that how much funds did you show that and how long did you keep the money in your account reply will be appreciated[/quote]

to be honest, not much! as we have just started a business and you can imagine the outgoing is more than incoming. in our last 3 months bank statements show no saving at all but we always cover the bills and no overdraw,that's it.

hope it helps but if you need more info,just ask and i will try my best to answer.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:19 pm

great news. congrats.

hoftwi
Newly Registered

Post by hoftwi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:26 pm

a little remind which i found out on the way out........

if you drive to there, just about to turn left to the peo, there is a car park (like an open field) on the right hand side and states £80p per hour or £3 per day!

we were gutted when we saw it after paid for £10 for the parking!!

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:30 pm

hoftwi wrote:first of all, i have to thanks for everyone here who gave us a lot of advises.

Congrats!!!
Good things come to those who wait.

Rantac
Newly Registered

Post by Rantac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:16 am

Hi,
Congrats. Could you please provide the list of documents you have submitted.

hoftwi
Newly Registered

Post by hoftwi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 pm

my documents:

-our passports
-marriage certificate
-life in the uk test
-mortgage agreement
-3 months bank statments
-2010 (proof we are living together)nhs card,bank statement,hmrc letter
-2011(proof we are living together) water bill,council tax bill,hospital letter
-2012(proof we are living together)bank statements,telephone bill