ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transferring/Extending Tier 2 ICT or a New visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SamLuther
Newly Registered

Transferring/Extending Tier 2 ICT or a New visa?

Post by SamLuther » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:44 pm

I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT - short term staff visa which is valid from Jun 13 2011 to Jun 13 2012. I work for an Indian company but now my client wants to hire me before my visa expires! Is there a chance for me to transfer the sponsor or to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General? If these options are not possible can my client sponsor me again when I go back to India even if they dont have an office in India? If all these options are not possible, can you think of any other process?
Hoping one you guys would give a quick answer since time is very short :) Would appreciate it very much.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:55 am

Hi

Is what you call "client" your present employer or another company?

rrathishk1
Newly Registered

Post by rrathishk1 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 pm

manci wrote:Hi

Is what you call "client" your present employer or another company?

I believe the 'client' is for which Sam is working on behalf of his company.

I do have the same question. Could you please respond to it. Thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:26 pm

If you have leave as Tier 2 ICT Short Term Staff you must leave the UK on the expiry of your visa and cannot switch in the UK to any other immigration category. These are the rules:

a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) applicant in the Short Term Staff or Graduate Trainee sub-categories will be granted leave for no longer than 12 months; at which point you must leave the UK and you will not be able to re-apply for further leave under an Intra-Company Transfer category (other than in the Long Term Staff sub-category) until 12 months after your last leave as an Intra-Company Transfer expired.

This means that you can only return to the UK as a Tier 2 (General) migrant after 12 months and provided, of course, if you find a sponsor at that time.

The only way to return earlier is if your present employer is prepared to sponsor you as Tier 2 Long Term Staff but note that the pay threshold in this category is higher (£40k).