ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documentary evidence of living together after marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

d4rmsc
Newly Registered

documentary evidence of living together after marriage

Post by d4rmsc » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi please help with visa question -
Part 7, 120 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since a wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?
Guidance note - You must provide details of when and where you lived together and for how long.
Please Note: you will be required to provide documentary evidence to support this.

After the wedding I stayed with my wife at her grandparents house for 5 days then flew back to the UK.
If I select yes to this question then they demand documentary evidence however in this circumstance how can I provide proof?
Or would it be better to answer no to the question and if I answered no will the visa application look less favourable?
Please help thanks

sakman

Post by sakman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:22 pm

hi, i also need to know the answer to this as im filling it in also at the moment.

what i think it says is you must do the below;

You must provide details of when and where you lived together and for how long.

then it says the below;

Please provide documentary evidence to support this.

which i think is maybe not a requirement to show proof as there just saying please at the start.

anyone got any other opinions

m3y

Post by m3y » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:37 pm

sakman wrote:hi, i also need to know the answer to this as im filling it in also at the moment.

what i think it says is you must do the below;

You must provide details of when and where you lived together and for how long.

then it says the below;

Please provide documentary evidence to support this.

which i think is maybe not a requirement to show proof as there just saying please at the start.

anyone got any other opinions
Im in the same situation... will be staying with my wife for a couple of weeks until i come back to england.. but not sure what documentary evidence i can provide?

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Re: documentary evidence of living together after marriage

Post by Gregarious » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 am

First of all, check your form, I think u r using old form.

@ Sakman, you can check pm.

About your queries.

YOUR RELATION TO THE SPONSOR

You can put your house address address in this place. Obviously, there is a documentary evidence.
How you put 'NO', you spent 05 days with your wife in grandparents house.

This is my opinion, do whatever right for you. Because every person has own circumstances & different case.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am

I think you have misunderstood this question. You only have to provide documentary evidence if you have lived with your wife for a longer period of time before she applied for the visa ( ie 3-12+ months).

It may be that you may have lived abroad with your wife prior to applying, or you may have stayed in your country for a number of years after the marriage because of some business or work. It is in these circumstances that you have to provide evidence of soem sort.

If you have got married and will be staying with your wife say for 3 - 4 weeks after marriage (or less cos work commitment back in UK), then there is not a lot of documentary evidence you can provide to confirm this. The only evidence would be photographs of the couple with the rest of the family taken inside the house.

sakman

Post by sakman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:26 pm

thanks for clearing that up batleykhan as it was confusing me as well

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:05 am

As Batlekhan said,

I too stayed at my wifes house for 2 or 3 weeks at a time after we got married-- but I didn't declare this as the question means for a longer period.

I just put in my personal statement however that I did stay at her house when visiting her after the marriage :)

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:39 am

Hakim1984 wrote:As Batlekhan said,

I too stayed at my wifes house for 2 or 3 weeks at a time after we got married-- but I didn't declare this as the question means for a longer period.

I just put in my personal statement however that I did stay at her house when visiting her after the marriage :)
I think u shouldnot say No to this question, if i was the ECO i would think what kind of couple hasnt lived together in a marraige like realtionship after marriage. we are not 100% sure that they are only asking for a longer period here are we?

I think this is how u should answer this Q:

YES (please refer to my support stament for further explanation)

Then in your support statement say that u stayed at her house not a hotel or something so you dont have reciepts, also if you have any picture which were taken at her house during your stay you could probably give them as evidence.
visa-grante:25.10.12

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:48 am

If you stayed with your wife for anytime after marriage, whether it be day or a year, you should always answer the question YES and give details of where ,when and how long you stayed.

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 am

batleykhan wrote:

If you stayed with your wife for anytime after marriage, whether it be day or a year, you should always answer the question YES and give details of where ,when and how long you stayed.
To be honest the question asks for evidence of that, how can I proove that? it was a holiday after our wedding at there parents house I have no bills/letters going to that house ( i could show them photos which i did but that prooves nothing about me living there)

Anyway I answered No, and in my personal statement I said I stayed at there house on my many trips to my wifes family home with pictures.

Visa granted Last week. I guess every Embassy is different.

nad

Help pl...

Post by nad » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:09 am

Hi Guys,
I'am also in same situation do we have to write yes or no, if yes then what evidence should we provide, like passport immigration stamp that I visited my country and pictures..
any ideas ... pl .