ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plss Help!!!!I need ur help and its urgent. Plsss reply

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DreamDrJob
Newly Registered

Plss Help!!!!I need ur help and its urgent. Plsss reply

Post by DreamDrJob » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Please I need your advice urgently. I am currently on student visa in UK with my husband. we got a little baby (she is born here) and she is now 1 year old. the health visitor told that we can get CB so we applied. I didn`t know this will be a problem. we heard that it will be a problem when applying for psw. we stopped it straightaway when we heard it and asked from HMRC that to pay back the cliaimed money. they told that they cant do such thing only they can do is can stop it. so we stopped the CB and thought this will be ok.
we have to apply for psw within next 3 days. when we filling the application forms it asking that "r u currently receiving or ever received public funds in the uk?" What shall I do? Please please help me what shal I do about it? I am going to apply visa for my baby with my application too. plss help.
May God Bless!!!!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Does your visa/residence permit indicate no recourse to public funds?
Does this list show CB as being a public fund?

If you can answer yes to both questions then do not make a claim.
DreamDrJob wrote:the health visitor told that we can get CB
Generally, it's best take immigration advice from people who work in that sector rather than those who are showing you how to burp your baby.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamDrJob
Newly Registered

Post by DreamDrJob » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Does your visa/residence permit indicate no recourse to public funds?
Does this list show CB as being a public fund?

If you can answer yes to both questions then do not make a claim.
yes. this is my mistake I know. I did not know this and applied as my health visitor told me. I do not know what to do now. I tried to pay it back but don`t know how to do it. is there anything I can do? pls reply me

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 am

I've just call CB, they confirmed its a public fund. Told them a friend wasn't entitled to it and will like to repay back the money claimed so far.

I was told you should contact them to discuss the matter and how you may return money claimed.

If you wish to phone them, call 'CHILD BENEFIT' on +44 161 210 3086 this way you wouldn't have to spend any more than you should.

Hope this didn't come too late and hope it helps.

Bes regards
[Moderator Edit]

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Post by rashidawan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:04 pm

I would recommend you to take a solicitor or immigration advisor help. I know it will cost you money but it will save you long term.

I have heard cases where people has claimed and returned the money but still got refusal.