ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Married for 3 months and haven't applied yet...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

violentvinyl
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Married for 3 months and haven't applied yet...

Post by violentvinyl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:22 pm

I married my wife back in December of last year. I haven't applied for FLR (M) yet as I have yet to move my bills, etc to my wife's address. I have a current sponsored worker visa. I do not currently live with my wife because my job is in London while my wife lives in the East Midlands. Am I hurting my FLR (M) application by not applying immediatly?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:28 pm

If you apply for FLR(M) your application will be weak as you need to submit evidence to show you are living together. Do you intend to move in with your wife? Keep all evidence of contact between.

violentvinyl
Newly Registered

Post by violentvinyl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:44 pm

I do absolutely intend to live with my wife, and did for a month before we were married, but I'd have been broke within months with the cost of commuting via train every day (700 pounds a month!), not to mention a 4 hour round trip commute. Unfortunately I can't get a job closer to where she lives without a spouse VISA, and I can't get a spouse VISA without proving we live together. What a horrible system!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 am

How often do you spend time together?

violentvinyl
Newly Registered

Post by violentvinyl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am

I see her every weekend. I go up to see her Friday after work and leave Sunday night.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:04 pm

Change your bills/correspondence to your wife's address, keep proof of weekend travel/contact and apply for FLR(M) by post (not at a PEO) and explain in writing the reasons for absence during weekdays.

violentvinyl
Newly Registered

Post by violentvinyl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm

That's all very good advice, thank you for that!

Why do you suggest applying in writing as oppossed to PEO? I would have thought PEO would give me a better opportunity to explain my situation?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:25 pm

It's the opposite. PEO staff don't have the authority to make a decision on an application which isn't 100% straightforward and will have to refer to a higher grade....which means it would join the postal queue for the premium fee.
PEO officers simply check the paperwork...you're not given the opportunity on the day to explain anything in the application.

violentvinyl
Newly Registered

Post by violentvinyl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:31 pm

That's super helpful, I think you just saved me £300!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:44 pm

You're welcome, but just remember to submit as much proof of contact as you can find. Photo's taken during the weekends together...travel tickets...anything you can find. Basically you need to show that you live together but work away from home during the week.
You may have be prepared for a wait of around 12-14 weeks for processing the postal application.