ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jason32
Member of Standing

Maintenance funds

Post by jason32 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi guyz,

I am applying for PSW tomorrow, I have my wife and 2 kids as dependents. I am using my bank statement for my funds and can I use my wife's statement to show funds for my wife and kids?

Please help...

htc_123
Pakistan

Re: Maintenance funds

Post by htc_123 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm

jason32 wrote:Hi guyz,

I am applying for PSW tomorrow, I have my wife and 2 kids as dependents. I am using my bank statement for my funds and can I use my wife's statement to show funds for my wife and kids?

Please help...
To qualify for leave to remain as a dependant of a post-study worker, your dependant must provide evidence that he/she has enough personal funds to support himself/herself for the entire period of stay here.

If the main applicant has been present in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the post-study worker must have £533 to support himself/herself.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... s/#header1

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:30 pm

So I cant use my wife's account to show maintenance funds for herself and kids?

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:01 pm

jason32 wrote:So I cant use my wife's account to show maintenance funds for herself and kids?
U can, the website says "main applicant or family member" attach a cover letter and explain that kids and wife's maintenance is in her account.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 am

The statement I got from the bank in Pakistan is on a plain paper with their stamps and signatures. And a letter confirming the last balance on their letter head.

Would that work?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 am

jason32 wrote:The statement I got from the bank in Pakistan is on a plain paper with their stamps and signatures. And a letter confirming the last balance on their letter head.

Would that work?
no statements need to include the bank's logo as stated in the policy guidance

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:59 am

Greenie wrote:
jason32 wrote:The statement I got from the bank in Pakistan is on a plain paper with their stamps and signatures. And a letter confirming the last balance on their letter head.

Would that work?
Yes but the bank doesnt give statements on letterheads...the statement is stamped and signed and then the letter that shows the last balance is on the letterhead.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:13 am

jason32 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Would that work?
Yes but the bank doesnt give statements on letterheads...the statement is stamped and signed and then the letter that shows the last balance is on the letterhead.
ask the bank to print the statement on letterhead, or alternatively, to write another letter stating that you have had the funds for 90 days. Otherwise you risk your application being refused.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:16 am

Greenie wrote:
jason32 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Would that work?
ask the bank to print the statement on letterhead, or alternatively, to write another letter stating that you have had the funds for 90 days. Otherwise you risk your application being refused.
Yes but the bank is in Pakistan, I got a new statement printed and sent through DHL...but it has still not arrived and I can only wait till 4pm today...:(

I guess I'll have to submit with the documents I have right now. If I get refused then I'll appeal :(

But all the people I've spoken to have said they sent the statements on the same plain paper but stamped and signed and they got approved. So basically It depends on your past history and applications as well I guess?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:20 am

i have seen statements on plain paper with stamps refused before. You cannot provide new evidence at appeal. You will need to send it when it arrives before they make a decision.

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:22 am

Greenie wrote:i have seen statements on plain paper with stamps refused before. You cannot provide new evidence at appeal. You will need to send it when it arrives before they make a decision.
Yes thats what I was thinking about...

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:52 am

Just received my new statement from Pakistan on the letterhead. :)

jason32
Member of Standing

Post by jason32 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Just submitted my application, fingers crossed :)