ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent absence for more than 6 months from UK and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tesco420
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Dependent absence for more than 6 months from UK and ILR

Post by tesco420 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:56 pm

hello everyone

I got Tier 1 General in june 2008 and dependent (wife) came to UK in May 2009. we both and our baby get extension of Tier 1 General in June 2011 for 2 years. I wil apply for ILR for me and 2 dependents in June 2013.

But i got little confusion here because my wife and kid is planning to go back home for 8 to 12 months due to some health issues. hopefully they wil be back in march 2013 so that we all can apply for ILR in june 2013.

My question is that by staying this long outside of UK will effect her and my kid's application of ILR, because as far as i know there is only one condition for dependent which is that she should stay with husband for at least two years which is already fulfilled in my case.

Any person who got ILR with situation like me should share there experience please. reply from anyone will be appreciated.

Thank you

laweee
Newly Registered

Post by laweee » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello OP

My wife and I got our ILR recently. My wife came to the UK as Tier1 dependent in February 2010, but she was away from the UK for 8 months between Feb 2010 and March 2012.

Fortunately we had documents (utility bills, bank statement, letters etc) in her name covering the 2 year period. I believe Home Office count absences for the main applicant only, and not the dependants.

You should be fine as long as you have documents in her name or joint names to cover your wife's period of absence.

Cheers

niruv

Post by niruv » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:43 pm

not a problem as long as ur wife holds 2 dependent years visa with recent cohab documents