ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I book another appointment?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raj422

Should I book another appointment?

Post by Raj422 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi,

I have booked my appointment for ILR at Croydon in 2nd week of May. The way things are happening at Croydon ( IT break down etc. ), is it advisable to book another appointment in Birmingham PEO ( in case )?

Thanks.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:41 am

Hi

Let me tell you this thing that you can book another appointment at any other PEO there's no harm in it but please don't forget to cancel your first appointment.

You can try booking your appointment in any other PEO and if you're lucky to get an appointment at any other PEO I would definitely recommend you that go for it.

Well the only reason comes to my mind for the poor service at Croydon is that, 1st thing is that they are the Head Quarters for the UKBA and the other thing is that they've excessive loads of applications in their PEO as most of the postal applications also comes to Croydon so I am not surprise that their IT system didn't cope with that much of work load and gets crashed every now and then. The problem with booking an appointment at any other PEO is that you wont get it that quickly that's only thing I see.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:46 am

I would agree with Smam.

Raj422: if you book a second appointment, remember to cancel it if you don’t need to use it.

selva

Re: Should I book another appointment?

Post by selva » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:14 am

Raj422 wrote:Hi,

I have booked my appointment for ILR at Croydon in 2nd week of May. The way things are happening at Croydon ( IT break down etc. ), is it advisable to book another appointment in Birmingham PEO ( in case )?

Thanks.
you may need to register another account with different email id and book 2nd appointment. you can cancel first appointment later (before 48 hours- I guessed).

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:15 am

That’s correct selva. I forgot to mention that a second email ID will be needed to book the 2nd appointment.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Don't book two appointments. You are harming other people's chances to book even one appointment.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 pm

If you are booking two appointments then that may be a violation of the T&C of the online account that you hold with UKBA and I suppose, that's the last thing you want to do:
The speculative booking of appointments, and the block booking of appointments is not permitted. Any individual or organisation found to be engaged in the speculative or block booking of appointments either manually or by using a computer programme will be prevented from using this service henceforth.
regards,
push

selva

Post by selva » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 pm

push wrote:If you are booking two appointments then that may be a violation of the T&C of the online account that you hold with UKBA and I suppose, that's the last thing you want to do:
The speculative booking of appointments, and the block booking of appointments is not permitted. Any individual or organisation found to be engaged in the speculative or block booking of appointments either manually or by using a computer programme will be prevented from using this service henceforth.
The question is whether 2 or 3 appointments can be considered as "speculative or block booking" ? T&C does not say we should not have two or more accounts and also the recent incident at Croydon PEO and the response (IT issue and UKBA ask to book another appointment or by post)
would prompt users to book 2 appointments (just to mitigate the risk).

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:19 pm

What people don’t understand is - they are not getting any appointments because few others have booked 2/3 or (sometimes) more appointments.

I do not think OH can refuse to take application, as the simple rule is if you have an email ID you are good to book an appointment. It more to do with inconvenience to other. It is always okay to cancel the appointment 48 hours before the actual appointment but in fairness how many ppl would take that appointment.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:42 pm

selva wrote:
push wrote:If you are booking two appointments then that may be a violation of the T&C of the online account that you hold with UKBA and I suppose, that's the last thing you want to do:
The question is whether 2 or 3 appointments can be considered as "speculative or block booking" ? T&C does not say we should not have two or more accounts and also the recent incident at Croydon PEO and the response (IT issue and UKBA ask to book another appointment or by post)
would prompt users to book 2 appointments (just to mitigate the risk).
It is, because you are speculating that the first one will not result in your application being processed.
regards,
push

Raj422

Post by Raj422 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:33 am

Thanks everybody for your invaluable advice.

Question still remains the same. Though I don't want to harm anybody else's chance of getting appointment by booking an extra appointment but I am living in uncertainty till the date of my appointment.

I wish to leave a gap of 4-5 days between two appointments so that once I cancel my second appointment, it can be used.

I think it is ethical but legal implication, don't know..

Suggestions/advice will be appreciated

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Agree with Raj422.
If someone is booking a second appointment a week/10 days after first appointment and If your first appointment goes all well i.e. No IT Issues, you just cancel the second appointment the same day you attended first PEO appointment.

By doing so, you might even have helped someone needing a short notice appointment like anyone facing IT issues at other offices and who were declined to be seen (i.e. no payment taken for their ILR).

As far as I know, once you cancel an appointment, it is available to other to book, so you could have been on massive help to someone unknowingly.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 pm

I would completely agree with nnj10.