ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension - Final document check list

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rknshree

Tier 1 General Extension - Final document check list

Post by rknshree » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Going for postal application:
1 main + 1 dependant
Here is my application doc list:

Cover letter
Main applicant form +photos ( 2 -main and 2 - dependent)
Dependent Form
Bankers drafts
PBS calculator self assessment copy.
12 months Payslips
12 months bank statement for earnings
Original degree certificate and English language certificate
3 months bank statement from different account for maintenance
Marriage Certificate
Passports
*NO PHOTOCOPIES*
Looks good ?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:32 pm

no need for the degree certificate, reduce the clutter & speed up the application :wink:
Manka

rknshree

Post by rknshree » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Manka10 wrote:no need for the degree certificate, reduce the clutter & speed up the application :wink:
yes, i agree ,i may do that.
thanks

flybird
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 General Extension - Final document check list

Post by flybird » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:44 pm

rknshree wrote:Going for postal application:
1 main + 1 dependant

Dependent Form
Can you please tell the version and title of the Dependant Form that you used?

rknshree

Post by rknshree » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 pm

flybird wrote:
1 main + 1 dependant

Dependent Form
Can you please tell the version and title of the Dependant Form that you used?
I have used this
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 pm

The list looks good buddy. good luck..

One query for you. have you made two bankers draft i.e one each for yourself and the other for your wife or just one bankers draft with the total amount for yourself and your wife.

Regards...

AdvyJag
Newly Registered

Visa Fee paying method

Post by AdvyJag » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Application form says that i can pay Visa fee with only below mentioned debit cards

*Debit card - Delta, Maestro** (including
Solo)

Can i pay by Visa Debit (Debit card ?)

Thanks
AJ

usman81

Post by usman81 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:45 am

Is it mandatory to attach "PBS calculator self assessment copy"?

regards
1 main + 1 dependant

Cover letter
Main applicant form +photos ( 2 -main and 2 - dependent)
Dependent Form
Bankers drafts
PBS calculator self assessment copy.
12 months Payslips
12 months bank statement for earnings
Original degree certificate and English language certificate
3 months bank statement from different account for maintenance
Marriage Certificate
Passports
*NO PHOTOCOPIES*
Looks good ?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:48 am

usman81 wrote:Is it mandatory to attach "PBS calculator self assessment copy"?

regards
It's good to have as it supports your case. If you wish, don't include it at your own risk.
Give me more Karma (+)

Rocks33
Newly Registered

Post by Rocks33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:52 am

QuickSam wrote:
usman81 wrote:Is it mandatory to attach "PBS calculator self assessment copy"?

regards
It's good to have as it supports your case. If you wish, don't include it at your own risk.
In the PBS Calculator Self Assessment, it asks to "Enter the date of you first successful Tier 1 application". I don't remember the exact date I handed in my form (nor do I have a record of this). I do know it was towards the end of March 2009 (ie before the rule change).

Do I guess the date I submitted my initial application? Or put the date from which my visa is valid? If I do the latter, the form shows that I do not get points for my Bachelor's degree which will contradict my application form.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:57 am

Just use an approximate date. That should be good enough.

** This date will not show up on the PDF generated at the end but you'll get the points :lol: :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

usman81

Post by usman81 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 pm

UKBA must have the info in records when applicant submitted first application, so in any case they have ability to verify on their own.
QuickSam wrote:Just use an approximate date. That should be good enough.

** This date will not show up on the PDF generated at the end but you'll get the points :lol: :lol:

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 pm

usman81 wrote:UKBA must have the info in records when applicant submitted first application, so in any case they have ability to verify on their own.

I guess I wrote this in plain english. The PBS calculator is only for guidance purpose, the original date of application or the date of application that you enter is not shown on the final PDF that you get.

You are just using an approximate date to calculate the points and you are providing a print of the points summary (final pdf) with your application.

So I don't get the point of UKBA cross referencing the dates, unless you enlighten me with your thought process.
Give me more Karma (+)

usman81

Post by usman81 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 pm

I regret to say, you could have been more polite!!!!!!!!

Secondly, i did not say anything that was contradicting to your statement or in other words negated your statement.

Since "copy of PBS calculator self assessment" does not have any references to your application, passport or current visa. In case HO thought process runs into any doubts, they will verfiy the dates with date of first application rather attached copy of PBS assessment form.

QuickSam wrote:
usman81 wrote:UKBA must have the info in records when applicant submitted first application, so in any case they have ability to verify on their own.

I guess I wrote this in plain english. The PBS calculator is only for guidance purpose, the original date of application or the date of application that you enter is not shown on the final PDF that you get.

You are just using an approximate date to calculate the points and you are providing a print of the points summary (final pdf) with your application.

So I don't get the point of UKBA cross referencing the dates, unless you enlighten me with your thought process.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Mind the gap please :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

Rocks33
Newly Registered

Post by Rocks33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks for the response. When I get the PDF generated at the end, the date I entered does show up though...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:43 pm

As already stated, the PBS calculator is only for guidance. You don't remember the exact date of first application hence you have to use an approximate date. UKBA doesn't match this date to the date on their records just because they are aware that you have the visa and that is proof enough.
Give me more Karma (+)

raxi
Newly Registered

Post by raxi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:31 pm

QuickSam wrote:As already stated, the PBS calculator is only for guidance. You don't remember the exact date of first application hence you have to use an approximate date. UKBA doesn't match this date to the date on their records just because they are aware that you have the visa and that is proof enough.
Hi, I tried using the PBS calculator, its not awarding me any points for my Bacehlor degree since my HSMP approval was on 14th may'09 and as per the HSMP Tier 1 policy guidance it clearly states that no point will be awarded to the individual if his/her grant was approved between 31st Mar'09-5th April'10, that means even if I claim the points my applications might be turned down. Please help/guide. My advisor claims it will go through, confused.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:49 pm

raxi wrote: Hi, I tried using the PBS calculator, its not awarding me any points for my Bacehlor degree since my HSMP approval was on 14th may'09 and as per the HSMP Tier 1 policy guidance it clearly states that no point will be awarded to the individual if his/her grant was approved between 31st Mar'09-5th April'10, that means even if I claim the points my applications might be turned down. Please help/guide. My advisor claims it will go through, confused.
When did you first apply for HSMP? You couldn't have applied for HSMP in 2009.
Give me more Karma (+)

raxi
Newly Registered

Post by raxi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

QuickSam wrote:
raxi wrote: Hi, I tried using the PBS calculator, its not awarding me any points for my Bacehlor degree since my HSMP approval was on 14th may'09 and as per the HSMP Tier 1 policy guidance it clearly states that no point will be awarded to the individual if his/her grant was approved between 31st Mar'09-5th April'10, that means even if I claim the points my applications might be turned down. Please help/guide. My advisor claims it will go through, confused.
When did you first apply for HSMP? You couldn't have applied for HSMP in 2009.
I was first on work permit (April'08-May'09), then applied for my HMSP in may, got it approved on 14th May'2009.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Well the consultant told you that it would go through because you already have the visa and that is proof enough that you were awarded points for your degree the last time.
Give me more Karma (+)

raxi
Newly Registered

Post by raxi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

QuickSam wrote:Well the consultant told you that it would go through because you already have the visa and that is proof enough that you were awarded points for your degree the last time.
so should i apply directly keeping in view of the UKBA policy guidance or should i go through that advisor. what would you suggest Sam. thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:10 pm

raxi wrote:
QuickSam wrote:Well the consultant told you that it would go through because you already have the visa and that is proof enough that you were awarded points for your degree the last time.
so should i apply directly keeping in view of the UKBA policy guidance or should i go through that advisor. what would you suggest Sam. thanks
Well I am afraid I am not an expert on this, please get second opinion from seniors.

This is more of a choice I guess, you can choose the services of the consultant if you want peace of mind and don't mind paying the consultant fee. My personal opinion is that you would have been okay to apply on your own but get a second opinion still.
Give me more Karma (+)

raxi
Newly Registered

Post by raxi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:21 pm

QuickSam wrote:
raxi wrote:
Well I am afraid I am not an expert on this, please get second opinion from seniors.

This is more of a choice I guess, you can choose the services of the consultant if you want peace of mind and don't mind paying the consultant fee. My personal opinion is that you would have been okay to apply on your own but get a second opinion still.
Thanks a lot Sam, i know for sure that what ever document I will submit it will remain the same be it direct or through agent, he wont change anything just extra cautious since UKBA guidelines states it explicitly, got your point about 2nd opinion, request other friends to suggest something if they has similar case. Thanks.

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

Query:"Bank statement from diff. account for maintenanc

Post by guruasis2012 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Is it important to have the maintenance funds in separate account? But is the solution if I can only show the salary account as my maintenance account, which has not gone below 800 pounds in past 3 months. Cheers.